Rare throwback video: Katy Perry listening to Piece Of Me during her album photoshoot, 2008

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
20 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Funny wiki lists her debut as Katy Hudson. It only sold 200 copies. Literally every pop star in the game outsold her debut :gloria:

Even Lindsay Lohan, Myah Marie, Jessica Simpson and Rebecca Black outsold! :queenflopga: Poor Katy

1 hour ago, marioh said:

Katy Perry is the embodiment of cringe.

Because she's being goofy? :tiffdrink:

28 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Funny wiki lists her debut as Katy Hudson. It only sold 200 copies. Literally every pop star in the game outsold her debut :gloria:

18 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Even Lindsay Lohan, Myah Marie, Jessica Simpson and Rebecca Black outsold! :queenflopga: Poor Katy

That's why I mentioned "major studio" release :tiffdrink: 

Katy Hudson is a Christian music album released in 2001 when she was still Katheryn Hudson, when she was 16 :tiffdrink: The label that released it got suspended a few weeks later and the album didn't even sell 200 copies, 200 is an exaggeration. :tiffdrink:

After this, she moved to LA and changed her name to Katy Perry (her mother's birth name). She started writing songs by herself during which she was dropped and signed by 3 labels :tiffdrink: She rose as a background vocalist and some of her songs went to other artists like Kelly Clarkson :tiffdrink: Her last label introduced her to Max Martin and Dr Luke and finally she released her debut studio album One Of The Boys, with some selfwritten songs :tiffdrink:

Katheryn Hudson's debut album was Katy Hudson. Just think of it as you recording some songs in your garage and releasing it for your church. 

Katy Perry's debut album was One Of The Boys - a major studio release with the singles I Kissed A Girl and Hot n Cold.

Why else do you think her upcoming album is called KP5 by the mass and not KP6? :tiffdrink:

I know y'all didn't ask for this but just putting it out there :tiffdrink:

2 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Because she's being goofy? :tiffdrink:

That's why I mentioned "major studio" release :tiffdrink: 

Katy Hudson is a Christian music album released in 2001 when she was still Katheryn Hudson, when she was 16 :tiffdrink: The label that released it got suspended a few weeks later and the album didn't even sell 200 copies, 200 is an exaggeration. :tiffdrink:

After this, she moved to LA and changed her name to Katy Perry (her mother's birth name). She started writing songs by herself during which she was dropped and signed by 3 labels :tiffdrink: She rose as a background vocalist and some of her songs went to other artists like Kelly Clarkson :tiffdrink: Her last label introduced her to Max Martin and Dr Luke and finally she released her debut studio album One Of The Boys, with some selfwritten songs :tiffdrink:

Katheryn Hudson's debut album was Katy Hudson. Just think of it as you recording some songs in your garage and releasing it for your church. 

Katy Perry's debut album was One Of The Boys - a major studio release with the singles I Kissed A Girl and Hot n Cold.

Why else do you think her upcoming album is called KP5 by the mass and not KP6? :tiffdrink:

I know y'all didn't ask for this but just putting it out there :tiffdrink:

The mass doesn’t know about her flop debut and yes I knew it was a Christian album but that doesn’t excuse the fact it’s tied to her as her debut :tifflmao: imma stop though cause that’s your fave and I need to be respectful :firega:

Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

The mass doesn’t know about her flop debut and yes I knew it was a Christian album but that doesn’t excuse the fact it’s tied to her as her debut :tifflmao: imma stop though cause that’s your fave and I need to be respectful :firega:

5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Well Jessica sold 4 million worldwide with her debut so yeah 4 million over 200? :gloria: she took the billboard 200 literally :queenie:even Christina’s demo sold 129K copies in the US :tifflmao:

Jessica's album was a studio record released by a major label catering to everyone. Katy Hudson was released by a church affiliated institution to only Christians :tiffdrink: 

Ur So Gay, a droplet even before One Of The Boys sold 500k in the US alone :tiffdrink:

One Of The Boys sold 7M before 2010 :tiffdrink:

7 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Jessica's album was a studio record released by a major label catering to everyone. Katy Hudson was released by a church affiliated institution to only Christians :tiffdrink: 

Ur So Gay, a droplet even before One Of The Boys sold 500k in the US alone :tiffdrink:

One Of The Boys sold 7M before 2010 :tiffdrink:

I get that but you only get one shot at a debut. Not our fault the other girls had the spark right away for a major studio debut :duadance:

Archived