Was it a good decision for Britney to preform in Israel?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DanaDotte said:

Not sure what offer youre talking about from the 1960s.

In December 1947, the UN proposed the partition plan which granted the Arabs all and eveb more of what is today claimed to belong to Palestinians. The Jews accepted, the Arabs declined and all the neighboring Arab countries immediately attacked the barely-alive and at the time poor and unarmed state of Israel with the express attempt of "driving the Jews into the sea".

Excuse us for not bowing down and accepting such a grim fate just a couple of years after 6 million of our people were ******** (we are a small people to begin with). And if we're already on the subject, Id just like to mention that immediately following the UN vote, Jewish communities living in Arab countries were massacred and disenfranchised in pogroms throughout the Arab world. My own grandparents fled as a result of such a pogrom, and made their way to Israel, which, as a refuge for the Jewish people, took them and hundreds of thousands of Jews from Arab countries in with open arms.

Ever since its inception, modern-Israel has been the target of endless rockets, terror attacks, indiscriminate stabbings, car rammings, wars, etc. from our neighbors, who insist that we shouldnt have the right to own land to begin with (in their own words!) and that we must be exterminated. Israel has a zero-tolerance policy for those who seek its destruction and the death of its citizens.

Compared to the Arab world as a whole, Israel makes up less than half of 1% of all the land that Arab countries have. Should we not even be allowed to have that? 

As I suggested above, everyone is welcome to visit Israel to see reality on the ground with their own eyes. Arabs living in Israel enjoy full rights as full citizens of the state of Israel. They work alongside Jews, sit side by side with Jews on public transport, hold public service positions, serve in the Israeli parliament, and the list goes on. Countless tourists who visit here for the first time are stunned by the sheer contrast between what theyve heard and been told about Israel (and its government and army) and what the reality is on the ground. Again, anyone and everyone is more than welcome to visit and see for themselves any and every piece of land that makes up Israel, from the ancient biblical towns in Judea-Samaria, to the Bedouin villages in the south, to the agricultural communities i  the north, to the religious neighborhoods in Jerusalem of every religion, to the Arab towns in Judea-Samaria, and the list goes on (post-corona...)

Stop watching  CNN people!!!!! Get  on an airplane and start thinking for your self.  (After this pandemic) 

I ❤️  Israel. 

I actually never heard about backlash for her concert, I only heard about the fact that she delayed a vote in the city. There've been plenty of people played there since her and I don't see them being cancelled. She got one of the biggest audiences in a while and she did fine especially compared to the 2018 tour.

Also, does anyone outside of Isreal even know what's the problem? I never hear about this kind of stuff unless there's a small backlash for an artist performing but I never hear anything bad

6 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Nope considering what Israel is doing to muslims and rest of the world.but let's not go into it.

Another reason is,she completely ruined her performing reputation once again. By looking messy and performing badly in front of the biggest audience of her life.

Most of POM Tour dates were messy. But I think that was the worst one. :nyschool:

Do you even like Britney oh my god! All day talking **** about her! Get a life! 

6 hours ago, osherlovesbritney said:

jesus was there.
jesus was jewish
the jesus were there first 

It’s Palestine’s land, what IDF is doing is genocidal, killing people, killing children, taking children as political prisoners,  destroying schools, crops and so much more. I am very well informed about this as I am very much involved with The Palestine Project. I encourage anyone who wants to know what is really happening to look up The Palestine Project for the truth. 

as a half-palestinian person (and the other half, Kosovo :wonka:

i was definitely unpleased w/ her going to Israel, to say the least, lol. 

Israel is occupying territories illegally according to the international court. how could a country (country? is really Palestine a country rn? some space there and there, how could you organise it?)

they keep grabbing territories more and more. just go & check the map. quite easy to explain & understand. 

there's no excuse for them to invade a land and proclaim their own state. and justifying is because they were there more than a millenium ago is just pitiful and ridiculous. what would happen if every empire back then wanted to get its borders back as before? what is the Turks just decided to invaded all of the Balkans & Australia because it was part of the Ottoman Empire? 

she should've boycotted it. going there & singing when there are people a few kilometres away that are lacking opportunities because they can't organise into a defined state isn't an ethical idea. 

there are enough states in the world outside of Israel. 

oh and please, don't ever anyone here dare to mingle antisemitism & antizionism. 

3 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

It’s Palestine’s land, what IDF is doing is genocidal, killing people, killing children, taking children as political prisoners,  destroying schools, crops and so much more. I am very well informed about this as I am very much involved with The Palestine Project. I encourage anyone who wants to know what is really happening, to look up The Palestine Project for the truth. 

• Super Mods

I hate talking about politics but for me, everything can be solved when you throw Britney in the mix :) I don’t think entertainment should get mixed with politics, she was there to perform. People shouldn’t get worked up for her being there  at least she’s not like Beyoncé accepting private bookings from warlords, I guess you can say she’s just doing her job but that’s a private event while Britney’s was a public one where anybody can enjoy Britney not just the rich and exclusive kind of thing. 

On a side note, She should follow in Audrey Hepburn’s footsteps and become a goodwill ambassador in the far future when she really wants to call it quits from the entertainment industry, then she’ll really be this ethereal goddess going around the world ending wars. That’s why we’re in a pandemic! We need Britney to save us!

4 hours ago, Slave_4_u said:

It’s Palestine’s land, what IDF is doing is genocidal, killing people, killing children, taking children as political prisoners,  destroying schools, crops and so much more. I am very well informed about this as I am very much involved with The Palestine Project. I encourage anyone who wants to know what is really happening to look up The Palestine Project for the truth. 

"I am very well informed about this" literally every single thing you just listed is a slanderous blood libel. Blood libels against Jews are so 14th century, get with the times! :ban:

4 hours ago, conceptuel said:

as a half-palestinian person (and the other half, Kosovo :wonka:

i was definitely unpleased w/ her going to Israel, to say the least, lol. 

Israel is occupying territories illegally according to the international court. how could a country (country? is really Palestine a country rn? some space there and there, how could you organise it?)

they keep grabbing territories more and more. just go & check the map. quite easy to explain & understand. 

there's no excuse for them to invade a land and proclaim their own state. and justifying is because they were there more than a millenium ago is just pitiful and ridiculous. what would happen if every empire back then wanted to get its borders back as before? what is the Turks just decided to invaded all of the Balkans & Australia because it was part of the Ottoman Empire? 

she should've boycotted it. going there & singing when there are people a few kilometres away that are lacking opportunities because they can't organise into a defined state isn't an ethical idea. 

there are enough states in the world outside of Israel. 

oh and please, don't ever anyone here dare to mingle antisemitism & antizionism. 

I can only hope that users on here are more well informed than to take your word for it. Its unfortunate you think that way.

And for the record? Targeting and calling for the destruction of one country that is majority Jews, and where literally 50% of the world's Jewish population resides, IS anti-semitic, no matter how you look at it. 

5 hours ago, DanaDotte said:

"I am very well informed about this" literally every single thing you just listed is a slanderous blood libel. Blood libels against Jews are so 14th century, get with the times! :ban:

I can only hope that users on here are more well informed than to take your word for it. Its unfortunate you think that way.

And for the record? Targeting and calling for the destruction of one country that is majority Jews, and where literally 50% of the world's Jewish population resides, IS anti-semitic, no matter how you look at it. 

When did I call for the destruction of one country, or ****** ?

How would've you react if an Arab nation invaded your whole country tomorrow and then proclaims it at its state?

Oh, and stop playing the victim, it's pa-the-tic. "jdkfhsq U HaTe JeWs" that's w-r-o-n-g. period. Do you hate Muslims? Because you're defending the disparition of a culture, a state, a people : the Palestinians. I'm once again talking about a state that has been robbed.It has nothing to do with religion. Arabs didn't have the problem that Christians had with Jews. Go get your facts right. I just find it quite dishonest, to hind behind the 'antisemitic' wall. 

And why don't you answer about the illegal colonisation?

How funny when every time somebody talks about Palestine, and go and see the map, that's not normal that a 'state' that should be Palestine looks like that.

I checked very well the History behind Israel & Palestine.
And don't you even dare to say "Palestinians didn't accept" because when Great Britain proposed their 2nd White Book I guess (don't know how to say that in English), the Israeli opposition grew and their anti-Arab feelings just exploded at that time. 

Two more questions

- How do you justify the invasion? 

- How do you justify the illegal colonisation?

PS : I hope that this thread don't get locked, I find it quite interesting to debate on such an issue on this website, definitely more than Britney's messy hair these past few days. I'm quite used to such things, either people ask me how I'd feel about Serbia, either how I'd feel about Israel, lol. 

9 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

When did I call for the destruction of one country, or ****** ?

How would've you react if an Arab nation invaded your whole country tomorrow and then proclaims it at its state?

Oh, and stop playing the victim, it's pa-the-tic. "jdkfhsq U HaTe JeWs" that's w-r-o-n-g. period. Do you hate Muslims? Because you're defending the disparition of a culture, a state, a people : the Palestinians. I'm once again talking about a state that has been robbed.It has nothing to do with religion. Arabs didn't have the problem that Christians had with Jews. Go get your facts right. I just find it quite dishonest, to hind behind the 'antisemitic' wall. 

And why don't you answer about the illegal colonisation?

How funny when every time somebody talks about Palestine, and go and see the map, that's not normal that a 'state' that should be Palestine looks like that.

I checked very well the History behind Israel & Palestine.
And don't you even dare to say "Palestinians didn't accept" because when Great Britain proposed their 2nd White Book I guess (don't know how to say that in English), the Israeli opposition grew and their anti-Arab feelings just exploded at that time. 

Two more questions

- How do you justify the invasion? 

- How do you justify the illegal colonisation?

PS : I hope that this thread don't get locked, I find it quite interesting to debate on such an issue on this website, definitely more than Britney's messy hair these past few days. I'm quite used to such things, either people ask me how I'd feel about Serbia, either how I'd feel about Israel, lol. 

Sweety, several Arab countries have invaded our country together at the same time, SEVERAL times. The only problem being that they lost and did not manage to complete their explicit goal of pushing us into the sea and cleansing the land from Jews.

Your comment is so messy and filled with so many falsehoods that I dont even know where to start. How do I answer questions whose very premises are innately flawed?

So, Jews just imagined themselves being subjected to dhimmitude and pogroms for centuries in Arab countries? 

Plenty of Muslim citizens in Israel.

And last I checked, there are 1.8 billion Muslims living in Muslim majority countries. There are a total of 6.8 million Jews in Israel. 

Thats 0.0038% of the total Muslim population. And we're supposedly the ones "defending the disparation of a culture, a people, etc."? Are you so petty that you must also own the tiny piece of land that has historically belonged and been associated with the Jews?

What kind of sick trip are you on?

I wont even give your ludicrous "illegal colonization, invasion, look at the map, anti-Arab feelings exploding" claims the time of day since their very essenses stem from ludicrous yet oft-repeated libels that only the world's least self-conscious, least decent people still repeat. The truth is readily availible, theres no excuse nowadays for that manifestation of ignorance.

And anyone remotely familiar with our history and the way the world works wouldnt call legal posession of property, and purchase of property by Jews (at incredibly inflated prices I might add), "illegal colonization" or "invasion". 

Seeing this type of rhetoric still being spouted on the internet in 2020 is inexcusable. Im afraid this is where I retire from this conversation.

For those who are genuinly interested in knowing and understanding- Most, if not all, of the answers can be found previously in this thread. And of course, the suggestion to visit Israel and see the reality on the ground with your own eyes still stands, always.

11 hours ago, DanaDotte said:

No anti-Zionism is not anti-Semitic.  Do you call the Jewish activist groups fighting for Palestinians anti-Semitic? I’m apart of those too, Jewish Voice For Peace, What do you have against Muslims? What I wrote is still a daily occurrence in Palestine in 2020. There is no excuse for what is happening to Palestinians. The IDF invades, rapes and kills Palestinians and destroys their land. It is the Palestinians land. It is their country. They were robbed. Get out of here with Zionism. 

4 hours ago, DanaDotte said:

Sweety, several Arab countries have invaded our country together at the same time, SEVERAL times. The only problem being that they lost and did not manage to complete their explicit goal of pushing us into the sea and cleansing the land from Jews.

Your comment is so messy and filled with so many falsehoods that I dont even know where to start. How do I answer questions whose very premises are innately flawed?

So, Jews just imagined themselves being subjected to dhimmitude and pogroms for centuries in Arab countries? 

Plenty of Muslim citizens in Israel.

And last I checked, there are 1.8 billion Muslims living in Muslim majority countries. There are a total of 6.8 million Jews in Israel. 

Thats 0.0038% of the total Muslim population. And we're supposedly the ones "defending the disparation of a culture, a people, etc."? Are you so petty that you must also own the tiny piece of land that has historically belonged and been associated with the Jews?

What kind of sick trip are you on?

I wont even give your ludicrous "illegal colonization, invasion, look at the map, anti-Arab feelings exploding" claims the time of day since their very essenses stem from ludicrous yet oft-repeated libels that only the world's least self-conscious, least decent people still repeat. The truth is readily availible, theres no excuse nowadays for that manifestation of ignorance.

And anyone remotely familiar with our history and the way the world works wouldnt call legal posession of property, and purchase of property by Jews (at incredibly inflated prices I might add), "illegal colonization" or "invasion". 

Seeing this type of rhetoric still being spouted on the internet in 2020 is inexcusable. Im afraid this is where I retire from this conversation.

For those who are genuinly interested in knowing and understanding- Most, if not all, of the answers can be found previously in this thread. And of course, the suggestion to visit Israel and see the reality on the ground with your own eyes still stands, always.

Funny how you finish your message 'come and visit Israel', just shows how much you want to rip off the small portions left of Palestine. And why are you suddenly retiring of the conversation? Nobody called for ******, no insults were thrown. 

I'll answer step by step following the order of your statements.

Introduction: 

"cleaning the land from the Jews" another confusion with anti-semitism and anti-zionism. So here are some items for you to finally understand the difference between those two words, and how historically wrong what you just said is. Feel free to ask any question, I know enough about the subject, & I've read several books about it.

1. The zionist ideology comes from Herzel's 1896 book. In this book, because of Western Europe anti-Jewish feeling growing up (France, Germany, GB), Jews were more and more accused (wrongly) & ejected. So they decided to emigrate to Palestine. 

Palestine mandate is considered as sui generis. It has a special status. In November 1917, here goes the First Balfour Declaration : the British government accepts the emigration but Palestinian rights shall remain as they are. Arab people are scared of an Algeria 2.0 case in the Middle-East: a colony trying to steal a part of the territory. 

06/03, 1922: political statement from the UK 'first white book', in which it is written that Palestine shall not be entirely jew, neither given to Jews. Jews of Palestine didn't agree, thus appeared the Yichouv, that wanted to can the second white book. The third one limited the immigration to 75,000 persons a year. And Jews shall not constitute more than a third of Palestine's territory. Zionism starts to radicalise itself: David Ben Gourion tries to cut any relationship w/ the UK. He proclaims unilaterally the independence of Palestine 05/14/1948. The country is recognised by the UNO & Western Europe. Of course, Arab countries refused.

Resistance started, such as in every colonies in the world: Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Soviet Republics, Lake's Africa, Northern Africa, & South America. 

The wars that followed had consequences on the world's geopolitics & economy (1973). 

In 1967, when Nasser obliged the UNO to get off of Sinai's borders, Israel decided to attack: invasion of Jordan's Palestine (Golan). 

During 1987-1993, the dissymmetry started to grow: charts at the borders, against slingshots. 

In conclusion: Arabs attacked after a proclamation that was not accepted, and after the emergence of a radical party. 

2. Don't confuse historical facts: Jews & Christians had bad relationships. Not with Muslims. For centuries long, they were pointed out for economic crisis because they worked in banks. Oh, and also a religious feud. 

3. 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. Oh! Muslims from Bosnia & Herzegovina do have the same culture as the ones in Indonesia (200 million)? So who cares if Bosnia gets annexed by any country, if they can move to Indonesia?

There are more non-Arab Muslims than Arab Muslims in the world. 

4. Words, words, words, no facts. 'I can't with ignorance', so you answer my question with an ignorant answer. So, as you asked me, I did some researches quickly. Even though I'm educated on the matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_territories

Here it is: second picture.
Occupied territories. You basically defended occupation. 

5. Whats the consequences of it? One's opportunities in Palestine just happen to disappear: the country is fragmented, and you have to cross Israel's illegal borders to go over there.

6. Bought properties by the Jews. Sure, why not. There's a world between buying houses and establishing a country, don't you think so? 
Wouldn't it be funny if China decided to implant a State within California because they bought houses over there?
7. They might have been her more than a millenium ago, it gives no excuses to implant a country, and continue to colonise it. You know what happens in a millenium? New borders. Every, year. Wouldn't it be funny if Turkey decided to buy houses in the Balkan Peninsula and decide to extend its borders because they ruled that part of the world some 200 years ago? 

I might add that you're exclusively talking about Israelis, and never about the Palestinians. 

'To forget one nation, and act as if it never existed, is the last step of a genocide'. Kinda ironic coming from people who struggled with such an awful issue. Oh, and before turning your 'anti-semitic' card on, remember that Arabs did help way more Jews than a third of Europe, with which Israelis have good relationships right now.

9 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Every religion hates gays the **** you talking about.

Lemme guess you're an islamophobic?

Well that explains all :nyschool:

I’m not islamophobic, I’m homophobic-phobic, so **** every religion out there! Why would I pick a side or defend people who would kill me lol. I don’t like any of them. 

Archived