Was it a good decision for Britney to preform in Israel?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rik said:

i was about to bring this up actually, @EasyThere

in the 1960s (I have read the UN Partition Plan for Palestine for a class) they offered Palestinians the option to receive fifty percent of the land. This being saId, the British colonizers were already treating Palestine and Israel like two separate nations, particularly after the end of WW2. This is my issue though, Israelis did not agree to the split either. Historically speaking israelis claim land to it due to religiousity whereas Palestinians have populated the land forr very very long (over 100s of years when you consider contmporary history). they've both been there for a long *** time

The UN declaration however is unfair by today's standards given that the UN is always going to side with the US which consistently supports Israel (and by virtue the army) through trade deals,  assistance, and so on. It's kind of unfair tbh and that's why I think it's strange that IDF would use the entirety of their forces in defence from a much weaker, non-funded group of rebels that are significantly weaker. i think that everyone deserves peace and that the state shouldn't be making it mandatory for citizens to join the army.

I also think that palestinians deserve the right to exist, as does israel as two sovereign nations

Not sure what offer youre talking about from the 1960s.

In December 1947, the UN proposed the partition plan which granted the Arabs all and eveb more of what is today claimed to belong to Palestinians. The Jews accepted, the Arabs declined and all the neighboring Arab countries immediately attacked the barely-alive and at the time poor and unarmed state of Israel with the express attempt of "driving the Jews into the sea".

Excuse us for not bowing down and accepting such a grim fate just a couple of years after 6 million of our people were ******** (we are a small people to begin with). And if we're already on the subject, Id just like to mention that immediately following the UN vote, Jewish communities living in Arab countries were massacred and disenfranchised in pogroms throughout the Arab world. My own grandparents fled as a result of such a pogrom, and made their way to Israel, which, as a refuge for the Jewish people, took them and hundreds of thousands of Jews from Arab countries in with open arms.

Ever since its inception, modern-Israel has been the target of endless rockets, terror attacks, indiscriminate stabbings, car rammings, wars, etc. from our neighbors, who insist that we shouldnt have the right to own land to begin with (in their own words!) and that we must be exterminated. Israel has a zero-tolerance policy for those who seek its destruction and the death of its citizens.

Compared to the Arab world as a whole, Israel makes up less than half of 1% of all the land that Arab countries have. Should we not even be allowed to have that? 

As I suggested above, everyone is welcome to visit Israel to see reality on the ground with their own eyes. Arabs living in Israel enjoy full rights as full citizens of the state of Israel. They work alongside Jews, sit side by side with Jews on public transport, hold public service positions, serve in the Israeli parliament, and the list goes on. Countless tourists who visit here for the first time are stunned by the sheer contrast between what theyve heard and been told about Israel (and its government and army) and what the reality is on the ground. Again, anyone and everyone is more than welcome to visit and see for themselves any and every piece of land that makes up Israel, from the ancient biblical towns in Judea-Samaria, to the Bedouin villages in the south, to the agricultural communities i  the north, to the religious neighborhoods in Jerusalem of every religion, to the Arab towns in Judea-Samaria, and the list goes on (post-corona...)

4 minutes ago, DanaDotte said:

Not sure what offer youre talking about from the 1960s.

In December 1947, the UN proposed the partition plan which granted the Arabs all and eveb more of what is today claimed to belong to Palestinians. The Jews accepted, the Arabs declined and all the neighboring Arab countries immediately attacked the barely-alive and at the time poor and unarmed state of Israel with the express attempt of "driving the Jews into the sea".

Excuse us for not bowing down and accepting such a grim fate just a couple of years after 6 million of our people were ******** (we are a small people to begin with). And if we're already on the subject, Id just like to mention that immediately following the UN vote, Jewish communities living in Arab countries were massacred and disenfranchised in pogroms throughout the Arab world. My own grandparents fled as a result of such a pogrom, and made their way to Israel, which, as a refuge for the Jewish people, took them and hundreds of thousands of Jews from Arab countries in with open arms.

Ever since its inception, modern-Israel has been the target of endless rockets, terror attacks, indiscriminate stabbings, car rammings, wars, etc. from our neighbors, who insist that we shouldnt have the right to own land to begin with (in their own words!) and that we must be exterminated. Israel has a zero-tolerance policy for those who seek its destruction and the death of its citizens.

Compared to the Arab world as a whole, Israel makes up less than half of 1% of all the land that Arab countries have. Should we not even be allowed to have that? 

As I suggested above, everyone is welcome to visit Israel to see reality on the ground with their own eyes. Arabs living in Israel enjoy full rights as full citizens of the state of Israel. They work alongside Jews, sit side by side with Jews on public transport, hold public service positions, serve in the Israeli parliament, and the list goes on. Countless tourists who visit here for the first time are stunned by the sheer contrast between what theyve heard and been told about Israel (and its government and army) and what the reality is on the ground. Again, anyone and everyone is more than welcome to visit and see for themselves any and every piece of land that makes up Israel, from the ancient biblical towns in Judea-Samaria, to the Bedouin villages in the south, to the agricultural communities i  the north, to the religious neighborhoods in Jerusalem of every religion, to the Arab towns in Judea-Samaria, and the list goes on (post-corona...)

marry me.
now :sendinglove:

20 minutes ago, rik said:

i think the main issue is that the government shouldn't be making it mandatory to attach state to the IDF. like why is everyone joining the army? that in itself is so horrible. 

that being said, both states deserve the right to exist and if you see my comments above on UN Partition Plan for Palestine i think it'll make a lot of sense. Both deserve freedom and it's actually the British Empire and the US to blame for continued and legacy conflicts imo

It being mandatory for Jewish citizens to join the IDF is the result of a very necessary measure taken during Israels first couple of decades of existence to ensure its literal survival. Neither Israel nor nearly half of current-day's Jewish population would be in existence today were it not for this measure and the people's unrelenting insistense of not letting themselves be exterminated, as our forefathers have been countless times in the millenia that they were in exile. 

Today, the IDF consists not only of foot-soldiers- but of thousands of citizens eager to volunteer for their state in a wide variety of ways. They have taken in and treated countless wounded refugees from neighboring Syria, they volunteer in old-age homes and in schools and protect countless communities that are at constant risk of being attacked (both in Israel proper and in Judea-Samaria).

You are more than welcome to see them for yourself when visiting Israel. I guarentee they will be nothing but friendly and welcoming to you and anyone with you, so long as youre not throwing rocks at them, pointing a gun or a knife at them, or throwing fire-bombs at them.

@rik lives for these kinds of discussions and I live to see him live for it. :haha: I still don't see why the initial topic would bother someone for years, however I am happy that this thread exists because I love seeing rik in action and flexing his PolSci muscles. :tiffdrink:

I love Israelis cause I dated one, and I didn't know we have a lot of Israeli Exhalers. ❤

Archived