ARTPOP is overrated in the fandom

artpop is her weakest studio album (so exlc the soundtrack and jazz collaborations cause idgaf about those and they're just so different) imo but joanne isn't THAT much better. gaga got cringey around the artpop era. wasn't she like high a lot or something during it? i feel like i heard that somewhere.

i remember hearing the live performances of it somewhere just before it leaked and was pretty excited then it came out...and i was like oh.

aura - 8.5/10 i love this one. it retained the more aggressive gritty sound i liked from the live version. it's an oddball song and i enjoy the experimentation. it was actually a great (and misleading) way to open the album.

venus - 7.5/10 - i do like this one a lot. the stems are ******* hilarious tho like that edit where its just her roll calling the planets in different pitches lwejsrtghweiog

g.u.y. - 8/10 - i love this one too, and the video is amazing and i wish it didn't flop hard but then again she kind of deserved it at that time period. the chorus is so euphoric sounding 

sexxx dreams - 7.5/10 - this one is great too (i love the guitar noise) but the lyrics could be a lil better

jewels and ***** - 3/10 - this is where it all went to hell in a handbasket like what was she thinking...

manicure - 7/10 - this one is good. i liked it more when i was 14 tho lmfao

artpop - 5/10 - this one could've been interesting but the lyrics are stupid as all ****, like, pretentious AND idiotic

swine - 5/10 - what a ******* let down it sounded like an electro rock song when i first heard it then the album comes out and its mediocre...i was SO sad i actually like most of the lyrics a lot

donatella - 7/10 - this one is very funny. i had a character i would dress as when i was 14-16 to take photos to make me and my friends laugh and this song was a whole *** meme in that time period bc of it lol i do like it

fashion! - 10/10 - okay THIS one goes hard af. one of my top ten gaga songs. really ******** the rest of the album imo. it sounds like it was literally made for a runway and honestly, if she did a whole album like that i would stan again at least for the music

mary jane holland - 5.5/10 - this one is so so subpar and unremarkable yet annoying

dope - 6.5/10 - i dont hate this, i used to like it a lot when i was a teen but it's just okay/good to me now. it doesn't fit at all though 

gypsy - 6.5/10 - i heard an acoustic version of this first and liked it far more. it's just an unremarkable, anthemic piece of late-era electropop, though i love the post-chorus (? or is it the chorus and the bit before a pre-chorus? the rlly fast "cause im im im a gypsy gypsy gypsy")

applause - 7.5/10 - this one was good. it's not anywhere near as iconic as her lead singles the proceeded it but it's better by far than joanne's lead single

do what u want - 0/10 - this song has made my opinion of gaga sour. after seeing people point a lot of stuff out, i just feel she's not quite what she presents to the public... working with someone KNOWN to be a ****** predator, that was previously on trial for nasty ****, defending him, the video, all that, then later on she wore that shirt that i think was snow white getting ******** assaulted? only to then in the years following backpedal, announce she had been ******** assaulted, suddenly be some kind of advocate? profit off of it? i don't deny that she was ******** assaulted by the way (because it's ****ty to do that to someone; i assume maybe 1-3% of people lie about that and it's usually with some kind of legal motivation or severe mental issues, and gaga has neither of those), but to defend a KNOWN ****** and a *********, but also A SECOND ****** predator who was KNOWN to be so: terry richardson. there was no maybe about these men being scum, they were notorious in their horrid behavior. richardson had AMPLE photos of him doing ****** things to models, and some simply don't look like it was something they really consented to + he had been accused multiple times; r kelly was blatant, everyone knew. i've seen arguments that trauma made her behave that way; neither myself nor anyone i've known that's been through ****** assault has been THAT nasty. of course there are people that derive pleasure in it but those are people that are severely mentally ill, that's not gaga. i know people respond differently to ****** assault, but her having been doesn't excuse the things she did. no one gets a free pass. the christina version is far superior because her vocals are good, it's better than what xtina was doing at the time solo, could've been a big hit imo, it's not CREEPY or unethical....no idea why she thought r kelly was EVER a good idea. even musically he's outdated af and sucks...

the xtina version would be an 8/10. what a joke that she did what she did.

it would be around a 6.3/10 for me but overall i would rate the era at about a 5.5/10 - 6/10. joanne didn't really make up for it either; she came back to earth but that album felt like a gimmick and a half + i am fatigued with people calling it a country album or having country songs....like it has one country song (million reasons) and it's not even that twangy like country is. kesha and miley were more actually influenced by country in their releases than she was...gaga looked at her team one day and said "hey i have an idea for another madonna concept we should take...y'all seen the video for Don't Tell Me? well don't tell me not to copy it" lol but anyway that's tangential. i just want her to either break out of gimmicks, or focus more on the aesthetics like i felt she did during BTW and TFM cause the faux cowboy theme layered over tepid electropop and ballads didn't make up for the flop of artpop in my mind.

8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

What is this? :zoomzoom:

The lack of taste really jumped out here. Like, wow. Artpop is not overrated and is not a bad album. I can't with this. :byebitch:

That’s not my exact point. It’s  a goody album. What’s I mean is that the little monsters overhype it to much but it was very messy, confusing and overproduced. Plus, fame/fame monster/born this way were better. I don’t lack taste please don’t for get I have been britney in my trinity :bigkiss: plus I love melodrama .Anyways my taste is any day better than someone who is a Britney Jean Stan (who ranked Britney’s Jean above in the zone and blackout at least) and another that finds fame and fame monster trash albums:beysip:

Spoiler

Hola Pokémonspears and Easythere :gagasmile: nice of u to open the spoiler

2 hours ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

artpop is her weakest studio album (so exlc the soundtrack and jazz collaborations cause idgaf about those and they're just so different) imo but joanne isn't THAT much better. gaga got cringey around the artpop era. wasn't she like high a lot or something during it? i feel like i heard that somewhere.

i remember hearing the live performances of it somewhere just before it leaked and was pretty excited then it came out...and i was like oh.

Reveal hidden contents

aura - 8.5/10 i love this one. it retained the more aggressive gritty sound i liked from the live version. it's an oddball song and i enjoy the experimentation. it was actually a great (and misleading) way to open the album.

venus - 7.5/10 - i do like this one a lot. the stems are ******* hilarious tho like that edit where its just her roll calling the planets in different pitches lwejsrtghweiog

g.u.y. - 8/10 - i love this one too, and the video is amazing and i wish it didn't flop hard but then again she kind of deserved it at that time period. the chorus is so euphoric sounding 

sexxx dreams - 7.5/10 - this one is great too (i love the guitar noise) but the lyrics could be a lil better

jewels and ***** - 3/10 - this is where it all went to hell in a handbasket like what was she thinking...

manicure - 7/10 - this one is good. i liked it more when i was 14 tho lmfao

artpop - 5/10 - this one could've been interesting but the lyrics are stupid as all ****, like, pretentious AND idiotic

swine - 5/10 - what a ******* let down it sounded like an electro rock song when i first heard it then the album comes out and its mediocre...i was SO sad i actually like most of the lyrics a lot

donatella - 7/10 - this one is very funny. i had a character i would dress as when i was 14-16 to take photos to make me and my friends laugh and this song was a whole *** meme in that time period bc of it lol i do like it

fashion! - 10/10 - okay THIS one goes hard af. one of my top ten gaga songs. really ******** the rest of the album imo. it sounds like it was literally made for a runway and honestly, if she did a whole album like that i would stan again at least for the music

mary jane holland - 5.5/10 - this one is so so subpar and unremarkable yet annoying

dope - 6.5/10 - i dont hate this, i used to like it a lot when i was a teen but it's just okay/good to me now. it doesn't fit at all though 

gypsy - 6.5/10 - i heard an acoustic version of this first and liked it far more. it's just an unremarkable, anthemic piece of late-era electropop, though i love the post-chorus (? or is it the chorus and the bit before a pre-chorus? the rlly fast "cause im im im a gypsy gypsy gypsy")

applause - 7.5/10 - this one was good. it's not anywhere near as iconic as her lead singles the proceeded it but it's better by far than joanne's lead single

Reveal hidden contents

do what u want - 0/10 - this song has made my opinion of gaga sour. after seeing people point a lot of stuff out, i just feel she's not quite what she presents to the public... working with someone KNOWN to be a ****** predator, that was previously on trial for nasty ****, defending him, the video, all that, then later on she wore that shirt that i think was snow white getting ******** assaulted? only to then in the years following backpedal, announce she had been ******** assaulted, suddenly be some kind of advocate? profit off of it? i don't deny that she was ******** assaulted by the way (because it's ****ty to do that to someone; i assume maybe 1-3% of people lie about that and it's usually with some kind of legal motivation or severe mental issues, and gaga has neither of those), but to defend a KNOWN ****** and a *********, but also A SECOND ****** predator who was KNOWN to be so: terry richardson. there was no maybe about these men being scum, they were notorious in their horrid behavior. richardson had AMPLE photos of him doing ****** things to models, and some simply don't look like it was something they really consented to + he had been accused multiple times; r kelly was blatant, everyone knew. i've seen arguments that trauma made her behave that way; neither myself nor anyone i've known that's been through ****** assault has been THAT nasty. of course there are people that derive pleasure in it but those are people that are severely mentally ill, that's not gaga. i know people respond differently to ****** assault, but her having been doesn't excuse the things she did. no one gets a free pass. the christina version is far superior because her vocals are good, it's better than what xtina was doing at the time solo, could've been a big hit imo, it's not CREEPY or unethical....no idea why she thought r kelly was EVER a good idea. even musically he's outdated af and sucks...

the xtina version would be an 8/10. what a joke that she did what she did.

it would be around a 6.3/10 for me but overall i would rate the era at about a 5.5/10 - 6/10. joanne didn't really make up for it either; she came back to earth but that album felt like a gimmick and a half + i am fatigued with people calling it a country album or having country songs....like it has one country song (million reasons) and it's not even that twangy like country is. kesha and miley were more actually influenced by country in their releases than she was...gaga looked at her team one day and said "hey i have an idea for another madonna concept we should take...y'all seen the video for Don't Tell Me? well don't tell me not to copy it" lol but anyway that's tangential. i just want her to either break out of gimmicks, or focus more on the aesthetics like i felt she did during BTW and TFM cause the faux cowboy theme layered over tepid electropop and ballads didn't make up for the flop of artpop in my mind.

The most rational comment on it. Probably her weakest but you're right Joanne wasn't much better. I listen to more songs on ArtPop than Joanne, but i still don't listen to them all. 

Im excited for the new direction of her new album.
and yea she was more in her head during this era. She kept changing things and re-working beats/lyrics. She was high (on weed tho, so not really) during this too, thats why she wrote Dope.

51 minutes ago, JonEmory said:

Won’t it be nice one day to be referred to as just “fans” and not “gay fans”.

Also, “too much”. 🙄

Sorry not to offend anyone but mostly because like...ummm...how do I explain it.....because the gay fans really love this song (they also love the album to death) so I just said that the gay fans were gonna get triggered. Sorry I didn’t mean to offend u:kyliecry:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block