Rapper Chynna Rogers dead at 25

Chynna (<a href="http://www.ebruyildiz.net/">Ebru Yildiz</a>)

I'm so devastated and sad. i feel like i'm in a dream.... F 2020 

Fan of hers since 2017.  stream her EP Incase I "DIE" first  :crying1:

Philadelphia rapper Chynna Rogers, best known as Chynna, died today, her family confirmed through her management. “Chynna was deeply loved and will be sorely missed,” they wrote in a statement. Her cause of death is currently unknown. She was 25.

Rogers began her career as a model, signing with Ford Models when she was 14. She found a mentor in A$AP Yams as a teenager, and her affiliation with the A$AP Mob ignited her efforts to build a career as a rapper. She released her first singles in the early ’10s, finding online success quickly with 2013’s “Selfie” and 2014’s “Glen Coco.” She followed those with a few EPs, including 2015’s I’m Not Here. This Isn’t Happening and 2016’s music 2 die 2. She later said her music was “for angry people with too much pride to show how angry they are.”

Rogers was open about the opiate addiction she struggled with in the wake of her music taking off, addressing her trouble on her 2016 mixtape Ninety. She released Ninety on her 22nd birthday that August, having accomplished three months of sobriety. She told Pitchfork in a 2018 Rising interview, “It got to the point where I had to do something just to be able to get onstage and do my job. I didn’t like that.” Her final release was December’s in case i die first EP. - Pitchfork

chynna.jpg

• Love 1

Rollin' the dice all the time
I almost die all the time
Showin' the ice all the time
Question my life all the time
Took by the pint, regular
Took with the knife, jugular
You wanna fight, right?
You want this life, right?
I do what I like, *****
Made you excited
Still too defiant, and
Still get too violent
Bruises too violet
And let that remind ya
So what is the night ya?
You ain't suave

****...:crying1:

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

RIP. I didn't know anything of or about her but that breaks my heart.  :(

LA rapper, Mac P Dawg from Shoreline Mafia also died a couple days ago. 

00151870.jpgEVBeB-aXQAAtfcK.jpg

Young talent taken too soon. :( 

ugh ... may he RIP </3

2020 is cancelled officially 

she's a very talented rapper who went thru hell to achieve what she wants 

abusive EX, addiction, failing modeling career 

:crying1:

Philadelphia Rapper Chynna Dead at 25 | HYPEBEAST

RIP ANGEL :crying1::crying1:

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, RATCHET❤ said:

ugh ... may he RIP </3

2020 is cancelled officially 

she's a very talented rapper who went thru hell to achieve what she wants 

abusive EX, addiction, failing modeling career 

:crying1:

Philadelphia Rapper Chynna Dead at 25 | HYPEBEAST

RIP ANGEL :crying1::crying1:

She's literally so beautiful. My prayers go out to her and her family. Ygap8Gt.gif 

Are you from the East Coast btw? Ygap8Gt.gif Gonna check out the songs you posted in the OP btw. Ygap8Gt.gif 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

RIP. I didn't know anything of or about her but that breaks my heart.  :(

LA rapper, Mac P Dawg from Shoreline Mafia also died a couple days ago. 

00151870.jpgEVBeB-aXQAAtfcK.jpg

Young talent taken too soon. :( 

1 hour ago, RATCHET❤ said:

Chynna (<a  data-cke-saved-href="http://www.ebruyildiz.net/" href="http://www.ebruyildiz.net/">Ebru Yildiz</a>)

Philadelphia rapper Chynna Rogers, best known as Chynna, died today, her family confirmed through her management. “Chynna was deeply loved and will be sorely missed,” they wrote in a statement. Her cause of death is currently unknown. She was 25.

Rogers began her career as a model, signing with Ford Models when she was 14. She found a mentor in A$AP Yams as a teenager, and her affiliation with the A$AP Mob ignited her efforts to build a career as a rapper. She released her first singles in the early ’10s, finding online success quickly with 2013’s “Selfie” and 2014’s “Glen Coco.” She followed those with a few EPs, including 2015’s I’m Not Here. This Isn’t Happening and 2016’s music 2 die 2. She later said her music was “for angry people with too much pride to show how angry they are.”

Rogers was open about the opiate addiction she struggled with in the wake of her music taking off, addressing her trouble on her 2016 mixtape Ninety. She released Ninety on her 22nd birthday that August, having accomplished three months of sobriety. She told Pitchfork in a 2018 Rising interview, “It got to the point where I had to do something just to be able to get onstage and do my job. I didn’t like that.” Her final release was December’s in case i die first EP.

- PITCHFORK

i'm so devastated and sad. i feel like i'm in a dream.... **** 2020 

fan of hers since 2017.  stream her EP Incase i "DIE" first  :crying1:

I didn't know about both of them but wishing their family and close ones well. RIP ❤️

1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

She's literally so beautiful. My prayers go out to her and her family. Ygap8Gt.gif 

Are you from the East Coast btw? Ygap8Gt.gif Gonna check out the songs you posted in the OP btw. Ygap8Gt.gif 

ikr. she was proceeding in modeling career she's so beautiful :crying1:

check her songs... i recommend listening to her ep " In case i die first " and "Music 2 Die 2" 

also 

and nah i moved to the middle east. originally from AZ :hiii: 

why tho? 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, RATCHET❤ said:

ikr. she was proceeding in modeling career she's so beautiful :crying1:

check her songs... i recommend listening to her ep " In case i die first " and "Music 2 Die 2" 

also 

and nah i moved to the middle east. originally from AZ :hiii: 

why tho? 

I was just wondering since she's from philly so I thought you may be from that area Ygap8Gt.gif 

6 minutes ago, osherlovesbritney said:

Rappers come; Rappers go. :kyliecry:

tbh; I dont miss the boys so much (Sorry not sorry):xfactorlook: , but she had potential :crying3:

I honestly don’t care about rap, because of its lack of versatility and substance, but why it really sucks as for how many rappers are starting to pick up success, and then pass away. I only came to know of XXXtentacoin only because of his death and controversies (I think that’s how like 60% of his fans came to know of him sorry not sorry :joanne:) but it really sucks whether male or female. But ouch.

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

I honestly don’t care about rap, because of its lack of versatility and substance, but why it really sucks as for how many rappers are starting to pick up success, and then pass away. I only came to know of XXXtentacoin only because of his death and controversies (I think that’s how like 60% of his fans came to know of him sorry not sorry :joanne:) but it really sucks whether male or female. But ouch.

YES. :smokney:

36 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I’m going to Hell. My immediate reaction wasn’t “how sad”, it was “who?”

My condolences to her loved ones and fans, may she R.I.P.

once you listen to her you'll know how awesome she is. and how sad it is that she wasn't discovered yet :( RIP

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block