Christina Aguilera appreciation thread!

I grew up with Christinas music. I might say that her attitude/ego gets in the way of her success but I still adore her. I remember painting my room the summer Genie came out, dancing in my room to what a girl wants, my step mom and i have a song and its “i turn to you” then seeing the sears commercial (i think) for come on over lol. 

Lady marmalade was number one in America on my 13th birthday. Stripped came out and I didn’t know what to think of her new look but loved her nose ring and *****. Beautiful helped me come out at 14. The voice within helped me thru bullying. Can’t hold us down empowered me to embrace my biracial roots.

I dedicated Ain’t no other man to my first love. Hurt reminds me of my relationship with my own father and Candyman was another song I would sing to my boyfriend when he’d come over after work. A lot of her songs evoke emotion for me.

Her Bionic phase reminds me of being single and going out to the clubs, but thats where I think I started losing a connection to her music. I liked lotus but again her music didnt connect like it used to. I had high hopes for Liberation but I didn’t connect to a lot of the material. Stand outs to me were Deserve, Pipe and Like I do. Her older music has a special place in my heart and I won’t deny her talent EVER. 

The Voice Television GIF

• Love 2
On 4/9/2020 at 12:34 AM, Blackout2006 said:

I think we give ~Xtinct~ I mean, Christina too much hate on this platform so I decided to make a cute thread that appreciates her:runga:. What’s your most favourite album from her? What funny and cute memories of Xtina? Let’s appreciate the Christina Aguilera:hiii:. Let’s show Xtina fans like @DignifiedLove, some love too. Enjoy:duadance:

christina-app.jpg

i respect and follow her since her first album!!

But after Stripped i don't know what happen to her, like she forgots her first album , and the back to basics tour setlist it was awfull, and i think she got problems at selecting the setlist for her tours because 

i know few people that is not so fan like me and assisted to her concerts and when the concerts end he just get like :imacat:

i understand that we are not on 1999, BUT GIRL YOU AT LEAST NEED TO PERFORM THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF GENIE IN A BOTTLE, AND AT LEAST THE 60% OF SHOW WITH HITS OR NOTABLE SONGS. 

Thats the reason OF HER TICKETSALES. 

• Like 1
On 4/15/2020 at 12:14 PM, Luke13 said:

Even tho Britney is my #1 and always will be, Xtina is my fave too among many others.

Of course she has one of the best voices ever.

Her Back to Basics tour was my first ever concert.

Stripped album is my fave.

This performance is one of the best ever from start to end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIo3Sglmfj4

she was so skinny here. Jessica Simpson in the end was like wow

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2020 at 5:14 AM, Luke13 said:

Even tho Britney is my #1 and always will be, Xtina is my fave too among many others.

Of course she has one of the best voices ever.

Her Back to Basics tour was my first ever concert.

Stripped album is my fave.

This performance is one of the best ever from start to end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIo3Sglmfj4

This was a great performance from xtina. I truly think she should write an entire album with Megan Trainor. Another back to basics album would do well. Like imagine Xtina singing songs from Meghan trainors title album...that would be a hit. But then again, I think Xtina is too far gone. The label doesn’t care anymore.... they don’t promote her anymore. Imagine if bionic gets to #1 when the justice for bionic campaign comes, and her fans get nothing because the label doesn’t give a 💩.  Like, RCA clearly cares about Britney still (obviously) since they changed the glory album cover AND paid money for “mood ring” to be listed first on the new music list on iTunes. But Xtina and her fans aren’t getting that. It’s kinda sad. I wonder if she’s truly as bad behind the scenes as they say. But I wish her well 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block