Exhalers that never post, why don't you post?

8 minutes ago, F3rzz said:

kkkkkk that's the only one i heard, i honestly liked it quite a lot, but since i barely know any rock i was ashamed of maybe liking somethig that was actually bad:katyfrog: i'm just noticing that i've been saying i'll give their music a try for 10 years :ehidk:

I remember I was shook when I first saw her videos in 2010 and was like that looks like Taylor Momsen and surprise surprise :surprisedney:

8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:haha: and I know this thread is useless, because if they never post, they never will, but what's up with that? :idkney:

I always see there's 40 - 90 users online, but it's always the same dozen of people that keep the threads alive. I remember when I used to lurk Exhale, but I did it without an account. Once I created my account I couldn't stop myself from commenting. 

Unless Exhale is now hidden for non users? I haven't logged out in a while. 

Exhale is such a nice and tolerant place, I don't know why someone would not want to join our conversation latest?cb=20140310213723

People that are recently visiting the site maybe are getting used to it. I was around here from 2012, and decided to make an account in 2016 (a long time being undercover :kermit:), and I think I started to comment in 2018 sporadically, until recently where I became more comfortable with the people around here and felt like I could comment a little more. So give them time, I'm sure more people will join and post thirst threads, because that's what most of them are here for, besides our queen :lollipop:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Okay I'll bite :quirkney:

Honestly, I don't post here because I feel so out of place lol. I mean, don't get me wrong, over the last year or so that I've been lurking it couldn't be more clear that there are a-lot of quality posters on this board and the vast majority of you guys seem really nice and welcoming. But, I've also come to realize that I don't seem to fit the demographic of posters here which is ironic because I started lurking this board in the first place because as a single 23 year old straight male who has predominately listened to hip hop his whole life and has friends that listen to the same I literally have zero people to discuss my "Britney Spears" fandom with in my real day to day life either lol. 

Just as a little backstory, Ive been a fan of Britney's music for a large part of my life. Before I lost her to country music, I grew up with an older sister who was a big Britney fan. Britney, ITZ, Blackout, were all albums I was exposed to early and it's probably pretty safe to say that Britney was my first (and admittedly still is) celebrity crush growing up. 

That era is what I would describe as the start of my Britney fandom, and was kind of when I just enjoyed her music but didn't have anything more than a surface level understanding of her as a person or performer. After a hiatus probably lasting from 2012-2018 my fandom definitely grew exponentially however. In what I think started as a nostalgic youtube search of some old Britney songs I eventually ended up on what seemed like a 3 week binge of watching every Britney Spears Music video/Documentary/interview on that website and after that ventured onto this one to fill in all the rest of the details. Here is where I learned damn near everything I could want and did not want to know (lol) about her and even ordered Britney: Inside the dream (outstanding book) and Lynne Spears book based on some recommendations I saw from posters and got even more of a fix. It was after that I gained a much bigger appreciation for her as an artist and person and have been hooked ever since.

But anyways, that was way longer than I anticipated and was my introduction and reasoning for not posting comment all combined into one I suppose. I think all you guys are super informative over here and make this a fun and insightful board to hang/lurk out on! Hopefully, I''ll eventually start becoming more of an active contributor but I thought I'd say my piece first. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, ILuvMe said:

People that are recently visiting the site maybe are getting used to it. I was around here from 2012, and decided to make an account in 2016 (a long time being undercover :kermit:), and I think I started to comment in 2018 sporadically, until recently where I became more comfortable with the people around here and felt like I could comment a little more. So give them time, I'm sure more people will join and post thirst threads, because that's what most of them are here for, besides our queen :lollipop:

that's what I would think, that they're new, but then I started checking the users that are online, and I see many of them have been members even before I joined, and I don't recognize their names and they have a very low post count, so I was like, without trying to be rude, why did they bother to create an account if they never comment, react or anything. I would understand if they just wanted to lurk as "guests" (that's what I did for many years before joining). I really wish we got to see more opinions on things.

For example, I'm on resetera which is a huuuge videogames forum, and there's so much activity that if a thread doesn't get comments in 15 - 20 minutes, they're gone from the first page, because they're all constantly moving. I concentrate mainly on the Pokémon threads, and it's refreshing to see so many users sharing their thoughts. Of course you start recognizing those that comment more frequently, but that doesn't prevent other users from commenting as well. Even if most individual users comment occasionally, they're so many, that you always see variety on every thread.

Of course this isn't as big of a forum, but, if Jordan says he's getting hundreds of new members, then where are they? :snooptoya:

47 minutes ago, Prime said:

Honestly, I don't post here because I feel so out of place lol. I mean, don't get me wrong, over the last year or so that I've been lurking it couldn't be more clear that there are a-lot of quality posters on this board and the vast majority of you guys seem really nice and welcoming. But, I've also come to realize that I don't seem to fit the demographic of posters here which is ironic because I started lurking this board in the first place because as a single 23 year old straight male who has predominately listened to hip hop his whole life and has friends that listen to the same I literally have zero people to discuss my "Britney Spears" fandom with in my real day to day life either lol. 

Just as a little backstory, Ive been a fan of Britney's music for a large part of my life. Before I lost her to country music, I grew up with an older sister who was a big Britney fan. Britney, ITZ, Blackout, were all albums I was exposed to early and it's probably pretty safe to say that Britney was my first (and admittedly still is) celebrity crush growing up. 

That era is what I would describe as the start of my Britney fandom, and was kind of when I just enjoyed her music but didn't have anything more than a surface level understanding of her as a person or performer. After a hiatus probably lasting from 2012-2018 my fandom definitely grew exponentially however. In what I think started as a nostalgic youtube search of some old Britney songs I eventually ended up on what seemed like a 3 week binge of watching every Britney Spears Music video/Documentary/interview on that website and after that ventured onto this one to fill in all the rest of the details. Here is where I learned damn near everything I could want and did not want to know (lol) about her and even ordered Britney: Inside the dream (outstanding book) and Lynne Spears book based on some recommendations I saw from posters and got even more of a fix. It was after that I gained a much bigger appreciation for her as an artist and person and have been hooked ever since.

But anyways, that was way longer than I anticipated and was my introduction and reasoning for not posting comment all combined into one I suppose. I think all you guys are super informative over here and make this a fun and insightful board to hang/lurk out on! Hopefully, I''ll eventually start becoming more of an active contributor but I thought I'd say my piece first. 

That's really interesting to read, and it takes me back to my own experience.

When I first joined in 2013 I was a bit scared too, because the general consensus was that Blackout was her best album, and I think that's what most people still believe, but before it used to be even more taboo if you dared to disagree. I came here and basically started contradicting anybody that said so :haha: not to be a troll, but more in a attempt to let the Exhalers know that there were many fans out there that thought differently. That I actually knew many people in real life that thought the same as me, and it's true, many people around my age, used to be fans upt until that album precisely, and after that they never cared to listened to anything she released afterwards. For many people in here was the opposite, they became fans because of Blackout and didn't like her bubblegum pop days.

That's just an example, but that's something I've been thinking lately. BreatheHeavy / Exhale used to be the biggest Britney fansite and we kinda get trapped in this bubble and miss or ignore that there's a whole different population out there, that are fans of Britney as much as we are, and have completely different opinions. There's this huge stereotype of Britney fans only being young, gay males, but I see outside of Exhale many women that love Britney Spears, especially as seen on the M&G's and, even if Exhale doesn't believe it, straight males too (even if it's the minority).

Another thing comes to nationalities as well. I once joined a Brazilian forum, I think it's called Rebellion or something, back when I started my campaign to put Britney on Super Smash, and it was a whole different vibe. She has a huge fanbase there, and I'm sure she must have her fans in other countries too, and they must have their own opinions, very different than the ones we see here (even if some of us aren't American here in Exhale).

So I don't know, I think I've just become self conscious lately in the sense that I post a lot, and I see these threads about users fighting, or dissing Britney's albums/songs, or our funny threads/comments, etc, and I wonder what do all these mute users and lurkers think about us :blol: Circus says "there's only two types of people in the world, the ones that entertain and the ones that observe" and it feels weird to me, because in real life I'm a very shy, introvert person that barely says a couple of words throughout the day, the typical guy that always knew the answer in class but never dared to raise the hand, that never goes out and if I happen to be in a public place I try to pass as unnoticed as possible.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Prime said:

Hi @Prime! ❤

First of all, let me just start by saying that if you don't wanna cross the line, then imma make you change your mind. :thelook:

Unlike you, I have not lurked on Exhale ever. I only created an account to save this username. I have been an avid reader of BreatheHeavy but I don't come here to lurk cause at the time, I didn't care about what other fans are saying and thinking about Britney Spears. I lived in a bubble for 21 years, sticking to what I know and what I believe in. I thought I was the best Britney fan ever - knowing all her sales and chart peaks and the exact length of her songs and whatever. Last year, out of boredom, while at work, I opened my Twitter (which I only use as like a personal outlet for my feelings and only my closest friends follow me. And then I don't know what happened but I just ended up being part of stan Twitter and I learned so much about what the fans have been dealing with. For example, I read about the Myah Marie controversy on BreatheHeavy but I never paid much attention to it. I was like mhm k whatever. But being on stan Twitter opened my eyes like 'oh wow people really hate Britney Jean and Pretty Girls' and I didn't know the Myah thing was a BIG DEAL. And then I just found it too toxic and I was aching for something more. For more interaction with co-Britney fans. And that's how I ended up on BreatheHeavy Community - until it closed and I had to cross over to here, Exhale.

I've only been here for only two months and I've been really active since, so I guess I have collected a considerable amount of understanding by way of observation, and lemme tell you that I don't think Exhalers really care if you're a straight guy or bisexual or gay or lesbian, straight girl, queer, questioning, or asexual (we even have a diverse list of gender categories for you to choose from and you can see them on your profile) - unless they're hitting on you. But as a fellow Exhaler and fellow Britney stan, we are all equal here.

I want you to know that Exhale is a safe place for Britney fans of all *** and gender, race, and social class. ❤ While I can not deny that this is a predominantly LGBTQ+ forum, I can maybe speak for everyone else when I say, I don't think people care about those things. Like, really. Also, we have straight guys on Exhale.

To be honest, what you need to worry about are the toxic members and not so much about whether you're gonna fit in here or not. Cause trust me, they are here. Lurking. Watching from the shadows. Waiting for the right moment to fight somebody. BUT not on MY watch. I think our efforts in making Exhale a safe place for everyone is kinda getting there, and like @JordanMiller has said, we don't want Exhale to be called 'Exhell' anymore. I can honestly count on just one hand, the number of toxic Exhalers. It's also common in a community to have disagreements with your fellow Exhalers. It's part of life. But what I want you to know is that you can trust us. And in order for this relationship to work, you have to trust in us and we will trust you, to trust us. Does that make sense? ❤

So baby take a chance, and show your confidence. Oh baby tell me who you are. Y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶a̶m̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶.̶ Don't you be intimidated. :barbie:

Roxxy 💋

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Prime said:

Aww I had the same frenzy of watching every piece of Britney I came across on YouTube and other sites when I also started to be a fan in 2018 :tiffdrink:

And I always had this inferiority complex because I'm just 17 and only started stanning in 2018 but most people here have been with Britney for 20+ years. I found out a lot about Britney from exhale and that's why I think it's very essential for every Britney fan to have an exhale because there's always that one photo you have never seen before, that one interview you never heard before and that one performance you didn't know about and that one unreleased song you were not aware of occasionally popping up on exhale, which educated me and made me grow as a Britney fan :tiffdrink: 

Like now I sometimes feel like I'm on the same level as many veteran fans because although they were fans since the beginning and I only became a fan recently, doesn't mean they are in any way superior to me. Exhale helped me overcome that. I may not have lived through the PrimeNey experience but I read all the stories here and each story gives me a new glimpse of what it was like, which helps me grow as a fan :tiffdrink:

And now, I don't hold back with my posts. If I have something to say I will :tiffdrink: So don't be worried of fitting in. And I adore you for being a straight Britney fan because very rarely does anyone have the courage to admit they listen to Britney. It just proves your masculinity ain't fragile lol :tiffdrink: 

I used to be this fragile little snowflake fan when I began on exhale but lol those days are long gone. So don't hold back! You'll definitely fit in and are always welcome! We could always use more thoughts and opinions here! ❤️

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Ok, so this is (I think) my first post here although I've been visiting this page for many years. I used to be very active on forums when they were a thing. Now I'm just reading the news and read some of the comments cause they can be hilarious :clown: To be honest, I miss forum discussions a bit. As Polish forums are dead maybe I will participate more here :cigney:

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block