The infamous Britney, Paris, Lindsay photo encounter explained (a thread)

• Leader

We all know of the infamous night Britney united with Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. It was the same night Britney flashed her kitty. Iconic all the way around. 

A user who goes by the username popculturediedin2009 (@pcd200900 on Twitter went into DE-MF-TAIL about all the events leading up to the night, and it's worth your undivided attention. 

Class is in session! 

tumblr_lxm54yRKiM1r3ty02o1_500.gif

britney-paris-lindsay.jpg

• Like 4

I never liked this back then, and I still don't like it now.

I mean, I won't deny the whole tale is interesting to read :gimmemoar: but I'm still disgusted that Britney was dragged into all that mess. It's definitely not what she needed at the time with all the things she was going through in her personal life. And I even feel bad for Lindsay and Paris. I never liked Paris before, because I thought she was to blame for all this, and most likely that was the case. I mean, she's the one that grew up in that environment, Lindsay and Britney should've never fallen into that mess. But I've kinda started to like Paris in recent years, I've seen her in interviews when she's come to Mexico, I've started watching her YouTube channel lol she's definitely not as dumb as the media portrays her (though not as smart as her fans claim either). So I feel bad, because this whole "era" if we can call it that way, I don't think it brought any positive for Lindsay, Britney nor Paris. Maybe it helped Paris with publicity in the short term, back in the day, but in retrospective, I think the work and the result of what she's doing nowadays with her companies and her humanitarian labor and stuff, would be more recognized today if it wasn't for that dark past. She should/could be occupying Kim Kardashian's position, but she's far from it.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, ****y said:

popculturediedin2009 took inspiration from my iconic tweet from April 3rd I see. 

Your impact lovey. ❤ They be copying your platinum selling tweets while you're at home just being an unproblematic baseball legend. :barbie:

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Your impact lovey. ❤ They be copying your platinum selling tweets while you're at home just being an unproblematic baseball legend. :barbie:

I swear you’re the best hype man and I love you. He should at least give credit where credit is due.

anigif_enhanced-28278-1434064198-3.gif?d

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I never liked this back then, and I still don't like it now.

I mean, I won't deny the whole tale is interesting to read :gimmemoar: but I'm still disgusted that Britney was dragged into all that mess. It's definitely not what she needed at the time with all the things she was going through in her personal life. And I even feel bad for Lindsay and Paris. I never liked Paris before, because I thought she was to blame for all this, and most likely that was the case. I mean, she's the one that grew up in that environment, Lindsay and Britney should've never fallen into that mess. But I've kinda started to like Paris in recent years, I've seen her in interviews when she's come to Mexico, I've started watching her YouTube channel lol she's definitely not as dumb as the media portrays her (though not as smart as her fans claim either). So I feel bad, because this whole "era" if we can call it that way, I don't think it brought any positive for Lindsay, Britney nor Paris. Maybe it helped Paris with publicity in the short term, back in the day, but in retrospective, I think the work and the result of what she's doing nowadays with her companies and her humanitarian labor and stuff, would be more recognized today if it wasn't for that dark past. She should/could be occupying Kim Kardashian's position, but she's far from it.

To me, the simple truth is that Britney should have started her own label (and fashion line) in 2004-2005.

I absolutely was never paying attention to any of them during this time and don't recall the reception from the public but in retrospect based on what I've read/watched, It's obvious that this specific incident lead to the 2007 negative press that they got: