Bernie Sanders officially endorses Joe Biden

• Leader

After dropping out last week, Bernie Sanders publicly endorses Joe Biden for president, CNN reports.

"We need you in the White House. I will do all that I can to see that that happens, Joe," Sanders said to Biden in a livestream broadcast.

Biden was quick to reply.

"I think that your endorsement means a great deal," Biden said. "It means a great deal to me. I think people are going to be surprised that we are apart on some issues but we're awfully close on a whole bunch of others. I'm going to need you -- not just to win the campaign, but to govern."

Both agreed to form six task forces to work on policy matters, including economy, education, criminal justice, immigration, climate change and health care.

"It's no great secret out there, Joe, that you and I have our differences, and we're not going to paper them over. That's real," Sanders said. "But I hope that these task forces will come together utilizing the best minds and people in your campaign and in my campaign to work out real solutions to these very, very important problems."

Earlier: Bernie Sanders Drops Out of 2020 Democratic Race for President, Posted Wednesday at 09:58 AM

Spoiler

From The NY Times:

Mr. Sanders’s exit from the race establishes former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. as the presumptive nominee to challenge President Trump, and leaves the progressive movement without a prominent voice in the 2020 race.

“I cannot in good conscience continue to mount a campaign that cannot win and which would interfere with the important work required of all of us in this difficult hour,” Mr. Sanders said.

Bernie's out, Joe Biden is in. How do we feel about this Exhale?

sanders-biden.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I'm not American but I've been following the democratic election. Bernie was the best candidate and would have been such a refreshing change from the A$$hole currently sitting in the white house now. It's honestly so sad, Bernie is a man of great integrity. You Americans pull him back in! :crying1::tiffanycries:

Joe Biden seems just as dumb as Trump. Maybe like 1% smarter. I'm sorry but things don't look good for America for the next four/five years. I honestly think Trump supporters rallied behind Biden, because his a much easier candidate to beat. This is just my opinion everybody I don't want to start any political debates. Love from South Africa. :hugs:

59 minutes ago, rik said:

I'M SAD AND CONFUSED AS TO WHY BERNIE DROPPED OUT :crying1:

When candidates see there's zero hope of them winning the election they drop out. It's very expensive to run an election campaign and Joe Biden is miles ahead in the race. It's also difficult to get financial support for a losing candidate, so his probably shifting his money, time and energy in other worthy causes. 

Archived