Missed opportunities in Britney’s career?

Blackout2006

According to you, what were missed opportunities in Britney’s career that could have marked huge moments in pop culture and save her career (occasionally:yesokay:). Please don’t post of miss opportunities from the Britney Jean and Glory as you would have to list hundred and hundreds of moments that could have saved these both eras :airpls:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not making Don’t Go Knockin On My Dior, WUSIWUG, Can’t Make You Love Me, Lonely, Cinderella, Let Me Be, What It’s Like To Be Me (with JT MV and performances), The Hook Up, Breathe On Me, Hot as Ice, Shattered Glass, Unusual You, Inside Out, DYWCO, Love Me Down, Change Your Mind, Better singles/music videos, 2004 VMA performance, 2008 VMA comeback performance, 2011 VMA performance, releasing her unreleased songs, tell all documentary, world tour 2013, proper promo for the last two eras with proper single releases...the list goes on and I don’t wanna cry :kidcries:

1 hour ago, DanaDotte said:

Basically everything that was scrapped post 2006. 

Blackout tour :crying1:

Blackout deluxe edition with documentary :crying1:

Scrapped choreos on TCSBS (Circus, Mannequin...)

Original FF concept (if this is true?) :crying1:

Make Me original mv release :crying1:

4 Glory singles :crying1:

I know theres more but this is off the top of my head...

I agree with everything in this list except blackout deluxe edition and make me original my release. Circus era was terribly needed at that point of when her personal life was so talked about and obver news channel. They needed to discard that era ASAP so people could forget about what happened last year. I am honestly so happy that they didn’t add the make me mv. She is a mother, and you can feel Britney’s forced. It was too overdone. That video would have been controversial, but people would be disgusted and start hating on her. Otherwise I agree with EVERYTHING. I wish Britney could have done what she wanted with femme fatale.

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not making Don’t Go Knockin On My Dior, WUSIWUG, Can’t Make You Love Me, Lonely, Cinderella, Let Me Be, What It’s Like To Be Me (with JT MV and performances), The Hook Up, Breathe On Me, Hot as Ice, Shattered Glass, Unusual You, Inside Out, DYWCO, Love Me Down, Change Your Mind, Better singles/music videos, 2004 VMA performance, 2008 VMA comeback performance, 2011 VMA performance, releasing her unreleased songs, tell all documentary, world tour 2013, proper promo for the last two eras with proper single releases...the list goes on and I don’t wanna cry :kidcries:

Here’s a tissue gurl Sick Flu Season GIF by Emma Darvick calm down. Life’s (and her silly team) is sadly unfair :disappointed:

I mean it all REALLY went downhill during the X-FACTOR stint when she refused to perform 'Scream and Shout' live and capitalize on its success.

so it's basically all missed opportunities from fall of 2012 - now... with very few seized opportunities.

prove me wrong, bb's

Wendy Williams Tea GIF by Reactions | Gfycat

20 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Wait, what was the original Femme Fatale concept? I need to know. :o

Supposedly more urban sounding, there’s an article about it on the archived unreleasedbritney site (which no longer exists)

Not releasing these songs as singles: I Will Be There, What U See, Anticipating worldwide, Cinderella, Boom Boom/Breathe On Me/Touch Of My Hand instead of Outrageous, Get Naked, Unusual You, Inside Out/Up N Down as 5th FF single, Alien, Do You Wanna Come Over, Just Luv Me, Love Me Down, basically Glory deaerved more than two singles.

Not releasing the original Gimme More, Perfume or Make Me videos.

- Vma 2008 performance

- Superbowl performance 

- Not releasing an album that showcased her artistry and vocals (with songs like To Love, Let Go, Rebellion, Everyday for example)

- Releasing Britney Jean

- Releasing Pretty Girls

- Releasing songs like Better, Just Luv Me, Make Me almost 2 years later

- Not releasing music since 2016 :crying2:

• Video Breathe On Me.
  • Super bowl.
  • Original documentary that later became the mini reality trash.
  • Release as single "And Then We Kiss".
  • Assume that she fires Larry and has a new team with capable people from her old team and she starts a record label.
  • Release Original Doll with its corresponding music videos.
  • Having film projects, the project with Naomi Watts seemed interesting.
  • Release an album with all the B-sides and her unreleased songs like "Let Go"
  • The era of the circus should not have existed (as much as I love you "Unusual You") and FF and Bj should not have existed, at least not so, with that musical and professional direction and even less living under illegal conservatorship.
8 hours ago, Isla said:

Supposedly more urban sounding, there’s an article about it on the archived unreleasedbritney site (which no longer exists)

Here's link to the article. 
Wayback Machine link 

Breathe On Me should have had a video, And Then We Kiss should have been a single, Strangest Love should have been released. Blackout deserved more, but as @Blackout2006 already said, Circus was much needed and helped to clean her image so.. Yeah. Unusual You & Mannequin should have been singles tho! Like, maybe have a 3 video trilogy with Circus - Mannequin - Unusual You with a cute story? Idk. 

Madonna feat could also have been iconic, I love MATM but I feel like there could have been something, idk, bigger? And maybe have a Human Nature remix where Britney is singing too? 

Glory obvs should have had more singles too.

Archived