How would you manage the glory era?

Blackout2006

2 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

She ain’t no Madonna that’s for sure and no one is asking her to be, but Britney’s work ethic in the 90s/2000s was one that even astonished Madonna herself.

Glory was her trying, sure I’ll give you that, but the direction was all wrong hence why it underperformed and turned out the way it did. It’s actually a shame and had the content been there, I think she would have had it in her to release a killer track. 

Now I admire Britney’s passion then, but just because she was more ‘artistically involved‘ with a certain album doesn’t presumably make it one of her best and stans need to stop convincing themselves otherwise.

well you referenced Madonna earlier... Soooo

but

Britney’s work aesthetic from the 90s was her label pushing her to become a success and Britney obviously a small town girl at 16 eager to please and succeed and make her mom proud..didn’t she grow up poor..any child would want to succeed for their family or be pushed by their fam to succeed.. But we see where her pushing herself and being held to a cookie cuter image yet being **** at the same time and becoming a major pop star did to her. 

Idk y u seem pressed that her work ethic isn’t what it used to be lol . She’s kinda over it She’s been over it actually and has been.
The less you expect from Brit  the better at this point we may get another 2016 Britney again in the future but it’s ok if we don’t at the same time. 

I’d love a b10 but glory was cute and better step for Britney. I think that’s why fans like it Bc it’s better than what we been getting for years.  

But Britney doesn’t care to promote her stuff really much since ff..No need to get worked up it’s just what it is.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I think the issue is that she's not able to creatively go beyond what her team allow her to. Therefore, we'll never really see her evolve into anything other than a 'se.x pop kitten ios 2.1.3'.

That being said, Private Show and What You Need were definitely a different avenue for Brit. Her excitement for the project really did show that she was happy with it and there were some really good tracks on that album. But it'll never be an extension of Blackout, mainly because it was an attempt to follow trends and not set them.

Yes and no. First off, nobody is asking for a Blackout 2.0, especially since Blackout was also following trends and patterns of the music industry during the mid-2000s. I mean, the fact that she only co-wrote 2 tracks on the entire album should tell you enough. Danja was the protege of Timbaland, and you can clearly hear his influence from albums like Loose, FutureSex, Shock Value and Scott Storch with Paris on Blackout, just to name a few. 

Second, I agree that there are certain topics that she (through the influence of her team) chooses not to write about. That doesn't mean she can't release a Toxic or Baby 2.0, or even release a heartfelt ballad. Something fresh, groundbreaking and of quality. Obviously, she needs the right producers and team of songwriters to help her through it. It's also important to remember that Britney isn't nearly anywhere in-demand as she once was. The decline of her artistry could have also played a major role. I wouldn't even be surprised at this point if certain songwriters/producers were asked to work with Britney during that time but the offers were turned down. I mean even the producers who worked on Glory seemed to give her a lot of the scraps. For example, look at how rushed and cheap 'Mood Ring' sounds when you compare it side-by-side to Rihanna's 'Needed Me', both released during the same year using the same DJ Mustard formula. 

Again, she needed a completely new direction for Glory to transcend her career to the next level. 

I would try to squeeze as much work into a super short time so that Britney doesnt have to stay away from home long so I would shoot 4 music videos back to back. (Slumber Party, Man On the Moon, Make Me and Liar)  I would also do what she used to do: pick 3-4 songs off the album and prepare great performances for all of them.

Leading up to the album I would have her do something thats cute and would get a little attention. Have her upload 7 songs on her Youtube channel that she is singing acoustic (with good production) Upload 1 song every day and make sure the voclas are amazing. I think only doing hits would be better but i would want her to do these songs because I think she could really sound amazing if done well ( Man On the Moon, Out From Under, Unusual You, I run Away, I will Be there, Lucky, Why should I be sad)

I would have her go to New York for a week and film a **** ton of little skits, interviews and performances and then the next week do the same for Los Angeles. Those interviews and shows would all be shown the week leading up to and the week of the album release.

A lof of celebrities have done Netflix specials so I would have her do an entire series. People would watch it just because its her and would get her new stuff stuck in their heads. So I would focus very heavy on Glory music.

• Episode 1: Throwback to her past
  • Episode 2: Making the Album
  • Episode 3: Making the Music Videos/Visuals
  • Episode 4: Tour and Performance preparation
  • Episode 5: Britney Acoustic Set with ( Make Me, Just Love Me, Man on the Moon, Liar)  and 3 old songs
  • Episode 6: Camera following Britney around during the Glory promo scedule
  • Episode 7: ABC Special Style mini show with (Do You Wanna Come Over, Clumsy, Slumber Party, Change Your Mind, Better, If Im dancing)
  • Episode 8: Britney sit down Interview about her Life

I would also have her do 1 performance for every award show and would have her sing a beautiful ballad version of Man On the Moon at the Grammys.  I just really want her to prove herself as a singer and thats the best place to do it imo. Also I really want her to move away from the lipsyncing *** kitten image because imo she just doesnt pull it off anymore.

Edit: I would also in my dream fantasy world have RCA put together a huge 90es festival and make a giant show with the biggest hits of the 90ies early 00s and then put that on another streaming service.

My dream would be:

Spoiler

Britney:

• Baby One more time
  • Crazy
  • Sometimes
  • Oops I did It again
  • Stonger
  • Lucky
  • Dont Let Me Be the last to Know

Christina

• Genie In a Bottle
  • What a girl wants
  • Come on Over
  • I turn To you
  • Reflection
  • Nobody wants to be lonely (with Ricky Martin)
  • Lady Marmalade (with all the girls)

NSYNC

• Whatever their biggest hits are.

Backstreet Boys

• Everybody
  • Shape of my Heart
  • Drowning
  • Show Me the meaning of being lonely
  • Quit Playing Games with my heart
  • The One
  • Larger than Life
  • I want it that Way

Spice Girls

• Wannabe
  • Stop
  • Viva Forever
  • Who do you think you are
  • Say youll be there

39 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

well you referenced Madonna earlier... Soooo

but

Britney’s work aesthetic from the 90s was her label pushing her to become a success and Britney obviously a small town girl at 16 eager to please and succeed and make her mom proud..didn’t she grow up poor..any child would want to succeed for their family or be pushed by their fam to succeed.. But we see where her pushing herself and being held to a cookie cuter image yet being **** at the same time and becoming a major pop star did to her. 

Idk y u seem pressed that her work ethic isn’t what it used to be lol . She’s kinda over it She’s been over it actually and has been.
The less you expect from Brit  the better at this point we may get another 2016 Britney again in the future but it’s ok if we don’t at the same time. 

I’d love a b10 but glory was cute and better step for Britney. I think that’s why fans like it Bc it’s better than what we been getting for years.  

But Britney doesn’t care to promote her stuff really much since ff..No need to get worked up it’s just what it is.

I referenced Madonna because she is also referred to as a pop music legend who, like Britney, laid the foundation for the modern-age pop star. Not to mention, there have been many comparisons made throughout their careers. Anyway,  I said what I said. If Britney even chooses to release a tenth studio album at some point in time, I think it's critical and CRUCIAL she wins over the general public through showcasing a more intuitive and vulnerable side when it comes to her art. This could even be something as simple as singing live or taking a more artistic risk like how she did during the Original Doll era. Releasing music that holds more value and longevity than what we saw last decade. Not just another meaningless tune but something more raw and real. Even something along the lines of Toxic would be amazing.

As we can see on social media and the news, as well as when people refer to the beloved Y2K culture that is so transparent now in our society, Britney is still very much a massive and important household name. More-so than ever, I notice this pattern of the general public being on her side that it's almost scary. I think more and more, people are beginning to understand her presence in pop culture and music. People are beginning to respect and appreciate not only her craft but the barriers she broke down and what she went through in the industry. In theory, all I'm essentially saying is if she ever decides to come back musically, it's crucial she and her team play their cards right this time because the potential for Britney to commercially succeed is still there and I don't want her to f.uck it up with another Glory 2.0. 

I am confused that you guys want make me still a single...I mean make me is a nice song, but we already know how it ended up commercially. Plus, it doesn’t even have that single value. Love me down in my humble opinion, should be the lead or second single because it had crazy potential to be a huge hit worldwide. The song was huge in China, so imagine how well it would perform commercially!:janet: also, I personally think slumber party video suits love me down (please don’t kill me dignifiedlove:britdrown:

• Make Me.. (Solo) - Lead single, original video, release in April
  • Mood Ring - Early promotional single along with the album pre-order in early May
  • Hits medley performance ending with Make Me... at the BMAs on May 22
  • Album release end May
  • Filmed listening album party in June
  • Better - Second single, killer choreography video, release in June
  • Change Your Mind - Third single, **** music video, release in August
  • Medley performance of Change Your Mind / Better at the VMAs on August 28 
  • Just Luv Me - Fourth single, storyline video, release in October
  • Performance of Just Luv Me at the AMAs on November 20 

New Tracklist :

1. Invitation
  2. Do You Wanna Come Over
  3. Make Me...
  4. Man On The Moon
  5. Just Luv Me
  6. Slumber Party
  7. Better
  8. Change Your Mind
  9. Just Like Me
  10. Clumsy
  11. Love Me Down
  12. Mood Ring
  13. Liar (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  14. If I'm Dancing (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  15. Hard To Forget Ya (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  16. What You Need (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  17. Private Show (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  18. Coupure Électrique (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)

Also :

• David LaChapelle visuals for the album artwork
  • POM 2.0 break after April dates
  • Glory World Tour from June to September 
  • POM 2.0 final dates from October to December
  • No Tinasha on Slumber Party, no video, no Sam Asghari :jj:

3 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Okay hear me out -- I would scrap the entire album with the exception of a few tracks like MOTM, Love Me Down, Liar, and Slumber Party. I would have her team up with people like Calvin Harris, Diplo, Hit-Boy, Max Martin and Mike Will Made It. Release an urban banger with an electronic and tropical house influence as the lead. Something next level. Something that would have stood out from the rest and would have transcended her career to the next level. I would still choose Slumber Party as the second single (since it has a killer production) but with Rihanna as a feature instead.

Aesthetically, I was hoping for something more edgy instead of the unflattering leotards and minimalistic lingerie. Bring out the rugged jeans and skin-tight leather. Get rid of that worn-out bleach blonde ragged hair and go for a darker look.

I would obviously still keep the BBMA/VMA performances but completely change the setlists. BBMA needed far better transitions as well. I would have also loved for the VMA performance to be more of a spectacle rather than G-Eazy coming in and stealing the spotlight halfway through with a Bebe Rexha song. I mean, what the f.uck was that messy rollout???

Obviously, if I was managing that era, I wouldn't have even allowed a song like 'Make Me' to be worthy of a lead or a single for that matter. That song was doomed to begin with and hardly held much replay value. Oh and have her perform at the AMAs, but only if she felt comfortable doing so. Most importantly, I think it would have been nice for her to showcase live or acoustic-style singing during the 'Glory' era. I believe that would have also transcended her career to the next level as a more respected artist. 

I feel like this is more similar to what the 2015 album was going to be, "Pretty Girls", "Love Me Down", "Man on the Moon"

4 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Yes and no. First off, nobody is asking for a Blackout 2.0, especially since Blackout was also following trends and patterns of the music industry during the mid-2000s. I mean, the fact that she only co-wrote 2 tracks on the entire album should tell you enough. Danja was the protege of Timbaland, and you can clearly hear his influence from albums like Loose, FutureSex, Shock Value and Scott Storch with Paris on Blackout, just to name a few. 

Second, I agree that there are certain topics that she (through the influence of her team) chooses not to write about. That doesn't mean she can't release a Toxic or Baby 2.0, or even release a heartfelt ballad. Something fresh, groundbreaking and of quality. Obviously, she needs the right producers and team of songwriters to help her through it. It's also important to remember that Britney isn't nearly anywhere in-demand as she once was. The decline of her artistry could have also played a major role. I wouldn't even be surprised at this point if certain songwriters/producers were asked to work with Britney during that time but the offers were turned down. I mean even the producers who worked on Glory seemed to give her a lot of the scraps. For example, look at how rushed and cheap 'Mood Ring' sounds when you compare it side-by-side to Rihanna's 'Needed Me', both released during the same year using the same DJ Mustard formula. 

Again, she needed a completely new direction for Glory to transcend her career to the next level. 

No, I wasn't saying literally a Blackout 2.0.

I was talking about her artistry evolving in the same way it did with Blackout, and In The Zone.

Blackout touched on current trends while incorporating new ones. It was fresh, and that isn't up for debate.

Songwriting credits are obviously irrelevant at this point - musical direction, themes and even vocal delivery is what the focuses should be. We got the latter from Glory (in comparison to BJ and even FF and Circus tbh) but that's about it.

Bottom line is that Glory didn't provide any evolution as an artist or musically, even with more of her input.

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I am confused that you guys want make me still a single...I mean make me is a nice song, but we already know how it ended up commercially. Plus, it doesn’t even have that single value.

It went top 20 for 2 weeks and ended up platinum. It’s not a groundbreaking achievement but it’s not like any other songs would’ve done better, especially with that type of rollout. It’s not about the quality of the music, it’s just that she’s a veteran so of course she’s not gonna get hits as easily as she used to 

15 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Bottom line is that Glory didn't provide any evolution as an artist or musically, even with more of her input.

Well it definitely did compared to Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. It might not be as good as In The Zone but it was definitely an improvement 

8 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

It went top 20 for 2 weeks and ended up platinum. It’s not a groundbreaking achievement but it’s not like any other songs would’ve done better, especially with that type of rollout. It’s not about the quality of the music, it’s just that she’s a veteran so of course she’s not gonna get hits as easily as she used to 

But honestly when u have songs like love me down and change my mind in the album, it just felt wrong to choose that as a single, that too lead single.  If the team had sense knocked into their small brains:rupaulslap: the rollout would have been perfect. Honestly, I see LMD being a top 10 hit if it were a single. It had so much potential tho:crying3:

I liked the Glory era but the single choices were poor. 

I’d have opted for 

Man On the Moon as lead single. It’s radio friendly, catchy and was current for the times. She also sounds natural on the track and very Britney. 

If I’m Dancing as second single and launch the album with it. She should have come up with a catchy dance for the song or something. I don’t care if it’s cringe af but do a Tiktok video. If I’m Dancing was already starting take off when the album got released and lots of memes started to use it so I think it was already catchy and radio friendly. 

Change Your Mind should have been third single. It would have fitted in with the whole Spanish vibe that was about to come with signs like Seniorita. She was ahead of her time with that one and could have lead the trend. Plus it’s catchy af and you can tell she likes the song 

Slumber Party would have been a good fourth single. I wouldn’t really have changed much about the release other than take Tinasha :demi: out of the release. She should have just did the song solo there was no need for anyone else to be in it. 

Liar could have been thrown out there as 5th single. It’s a solid track and I could hear it all over the radio. She would have had a killer video with her starring as a cowgirl and a whole country and western theme. She’d look hot af. Something like the look from the Triple Ho Show.   

I’d add Mood Ring in place of What Ya Need

I liked the artwork and the promotion for Glory. It’s the most confident she’d been in years so I don’t think I’d change much in that respect.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/7/2020 at 2:02 PM, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Okay hear me out -- I would scrap the entire album with the exception of a few tracks like MOTM, Love Me Down, Liar, and Slumber Party. I would have her team up with people like Calvin Harris, Diplo, Hit-Boy, Max Martin and Mike Will Made It. Release an urban banger with an electronic and tropical house influence as the lead. Something next level. Something that would have stood out from the rest and would have transcended her career to the next level. I would still choose Slumber Party as the second single (since it has a killer production) but with Rihanna as a feature instead.

Aesthetically, I was hoping for something more edgy instead of the unflattering leotards and minimalistic lingerie. Bring out the rugged jeans and skin-tight leather. Get rid of that worn-out bleach blonde ragged hair and go for a darker look.

I would obviously still keep the BBMA/VMA performances but completely change the setlists. BBMA needed far better transitions as well. I would have also loved for the VMA performance to be more of a spectacle rather than G-Eazy coming in and stealing the spotlight halfway through with a Bebe Rexha song. I mean, what the f.uck was that messy rollout???

Obviously, if I was managing that era, I wouldn't have even allowed a song like 'Make Me' to be worthy of a lead or a single for that matter. That song was doomed to begin with and hardly held much replay value. Oh and have her perform at the AMAs, but only if she felt comfortable doing so. Most importantly, I think it would have been nice for her to showcase live or acoustic-style singing during the 'Glory' era. I believe that would have also transcended her career to the next level as a more respected artist. 

For the singles, I would have loved something minimalistic with dream-pop, electronic and/or tropical house influences (as stated above). A new sound for Britney that wasn't just on the theme of  and hooking up. Something more introspective and groundbreaking, especially with what was going on in the world at that time. Again, none of the songs on Glory fit that mold. Not saying she shouldn't release any songs about s.ex but an entire album on just that topic was a little too much. It's the reason why 'Glory' even failed to crossover towards a wider demographic because truth of the matter is that people, and by people I mean the general public, were NOT here for it. And I understand why. There was hardly anything groundbreaking about the era or the music. 

U snapped with this :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: But wasn't Glory already a tropical house record or were you just implying it needed a different direction with the tropical music? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

1. Man On The Moon

2. If I’m Dancing

3. Change Your Mind

4. Slumber Party

5. Liar

I’d have never released Make Me as a single. It’s so mediocre and would have been better as nothing more than an album track. All of these songs above are radio friendly and catchy. After that I’d have did a re-release of Glory with more tracks like Mood Ring, SITS, Matches, Exaholic and released it on vinyl.

The promotion for Glory was actually pretty good to be honest and she was in good spirits so there not much I’d change about that. I’d have kept the VMA performance but used it to promote If I’m Dancing rather than MM. I’d have kept her BBMA performance but added in her new singles to the medley. 

What I would have done was ended POM in 2015/early 2016 then instead of doing POM 2.0 reinvented, I’d have just did a Glory World Tour. She was already going to take the tour on the road eventually so she could have just did it earlier. I’d have kept similar concepts to POM 2.0 but added in more Glory tracks like Man on the Moon, Mood Ring, SITS, Exaholic, Love Me Down, Better etc. 

The Glory era was definitely one of her best just badly mismanaged in terms of singles imo. 

Single One: Make Me 

Single Two: If Im Dancing 

Single Three: Slumber Party (original version) 

The original Make Me video would’ve been released on the same day as the single, she would still perform it at the VMA’s but there would’ve been another performance of it before then on one of the late night shows. 

If I’m Dancing would be released as the 2nd single shortly after the album’s release. The video would be super fun/colorful. 

Slumber Party would be released in late November with the exact video that we got just without Tinashe obviously. The remix with her would be released in December to boost sales. 

The album’s release date would’ve been switched to a week later when there were no other major releases. The day of the album’s release she would have performed a mini concert on GMA the set list would’ve been Make Me, If I’m Dancing, Do You Wanna Come Over, and Slumber Party.  As far as teaser tracks before the album’s release I would’ve switched them to Just Luv Me, DYWTCO, and Liar. 

In January 2017 the album would be re-released titled Glory (Ultimate Edition) and include Mood Ring, Swimming In The Stars, another new song, Slumber Party (Remix) Feat. Tinashe, and Make Me (VMA Remix). Mood Ring would be added to POM, but not officially released as a single. 

Archived