How would you manage the glory era?

• Exhale+

If you were the manager or person who took care and helped in promoting Britney Spears glory era, how would u handle the era? What singles would u choose? Where would Britney perform her album? Would she have a tour? How would you basically take care of like the full era.

• Love 2

Young Billie Run Pop :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, dragging this on is painful for me.

Ddddd I wish they had picked Rihanna as a feature as well but the thing is that Tinashe is such a sweet girl and she’s the ultimate Britney stan and she was so happy to collab with her so I’m kinda gl

Okay hear me out -- I would scrap the entire album with the exception of a few tracks like MOTM, Love Me Down, Liar, and Slumber Party. I would have her team up with people like Calvin Harris, Diplo,

First of all, and I'll never get tired of saying it, Breathe on Me should've been released as a warm-up single at the beginning of 2016 to promote POM 2.0 and take advantage of the new performance.

Then, Private Show should've been released as a promo single (it kinda was) but with a proper video of the full song, to promote the perfume, then it should've been added to Glory only as a bonus track. This would've been in the summer.

The singles of the album should've been:

1. Do You Wanna Come Over? -> this should've been performed at the VMA's. Music video featuring some famous actor, like one of those super heroes, or even a **** actor like Johnny Sins. It would've been about this man seeing Britney everywhere in the most random places, from his apartment, on the streets, on the bus, her dancers will come out of nowhere during the choruses, and by the bridge of the song he falls through a sewer, or maybe in some whole on the street because of a construction or something, so he reaches "hell" but is more like a night club and all the dancers are there dressed in red, with Britney as a **** Devilney, with mini skirt, high boots and cute little devil horns, they take him and when Britney is about to get him at the final "do you wanna come over?" he wakes up and he's in his bed as he was at the beginning of the video.
  2. Make Me... -> still not convinced we needed that as a single
  3. Better -> a video at the beach, everything very **** and in golden tones, kinda like the Japanese cover of the album, very sandy and there's like trees, and wood, and rocks
  4. Liar -> Old West kind of video with Britney coming to town to beat up her man who has cheated on her. A lot of action and hitting and kicking, with choreo scenes in between. At the end she walks into the sunset, well, actually rides a horse who's dragging his man tied up with a rope.
  5. If I'm Dancing -> dance video at the beach as well, but this is very tropical, with a sea very blue-ish/green-ish, and the dancers and Britney and everything is very colorful and joyful, and there's a lot of props and these kind of loose clothes and ribbons and stuff.

Now here's where I think Glory should've been a video album, because every song has that video potential, except maybe Just Luv Me or HTFY. But even songs like Invitation or Coupure Électrique could've had a trippy video, very artistic, some could be very minimalistic, and others could've had more story. Man on the Moon, Change Your Mind, Mood Ring are my strongest options.

• Like 3

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

1. Make Me... officially released along with its music video so that the song can debut inside the top 10. And maybe it should’ve been released and performed at the BBMAs right after her medley. 
2. Another single as soon as Make Me... starts to die on the charts, with the music video released on its first day of course. 
3. VMAs performance: instead of performing just Make Me..., Britney should’ve performed a medley of Glory so that the album maybe would’ve debuted at #1. 
4. As soon as the album is released, single number 3. 
5. After that some international promo in countries like the UK, Germany, France etc 

Oh and of course Glory should’ve had a ticket bundle with Vegas 

• Like 1

Well I feel the lead single should have been released early 2016, so that it can be performed along with her BBMA medley :tiffdrink:

Lead single should have been something uptempo and dance like DYWCO instead of Make Me. :tiffdrink:

• DYWCO - Lead single. Make Me released as the first promotional single the next day. Make Me could keep the same video it has now since it’s a promo single. I imagine DYWCO video to be something like a backstage tour of POM. Like we are the cameraman and Britney takes us to many rooms and stages where we meet many people along the way like her dancers and stuff. Then towards the last chorus, she takes us to the main stage where the auditorium is full packed and her and the dancers perform the final chorus choreo :tiffdrink:
  • Make Me... released as the official second single, with a better video. By this time DYWCO would already be leading the charts (Imagine it to be Dont Start Now and Make Me to be Physical) :tiffdrink:
  • Third single Slumber Party ft. Rihanna or any other mainstream 2016 artist.
  • VMA performance starts with DYWCO and slowly transitions to Slumber Party :tiffdrink: The whole stage would be transformed to fit the music video, like purple lighting, bubbles, candles, many burlesque chairs and dancers and colours overall :tiffdrink: The same choreo for Slumber Party but improved to fill in the gaps between the verses and some lines.
  • Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) ft. Maluma/Shakira as the fourth single. It would be A Spanks themed music video with Tango like choreography :tiffdrink:
  • Just Luv Me as the fifth single to close the era. A very emotional music video, kind of something like her old perfume commercials :tiffdrink: would star a major actor alongside her. A very stripped down piano version of the song performed at the AMAs with live vocals and minimal to no dancing :tiffdrink:
  • At the Grammys 2017, she would perform a medley of Glory. So,thing on the same lines of what Ariana did with thank u, next at the 2020 Grammys :tiffdrink:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Her vma performance should of been like her bbmas medley but Rihanna was doing that so that wasn’t happening...a mix of just love me/make me would of been fine. Mayb acoustic and live version if she really wanted ppl talking about her no dancing or ****** gimmicks. As ppl know Britney for only lip syncing this would have had her vmas comeback actually bigger than it was. Bc it was overshadowed by Beyoncé/Rihanna unfortunately. 

A Gma performance/ sit n talk to jimmy Kimmel instead of that skit and perform or mayb do snl.  I honestly think make me was a good choice as a lead something different than we’re used from Britney but g easy needed a diff verse as it made sound like a Ariana grande reject song with that dangerous woman line. 

2nd single deff should of been do u wanna come over and partner up with Tindr/grindr/okc and make it go viral. Make a video. Make a cute campaign to come over tonight or something. 

3rd single mood ring remix with an rnb artist like jene aiko to hit that demographic.  Or slumber party ft Rihanna. 

7 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

1. Make Me... officially released along with its music video so that the song can debut inside the top 10. And maybe it should’ve been released and performed at the BBMAs right after her medley. 
2. Another single as soon as Make Me... starts to die on the charts, with the music video released on its first day of course. 
3. VMAs performance: instead of performing just Make Me..., Britney should’ve performed a medley of Glory so that the album maybe would’ve debuted at #1. 
4. As soon as the album is released, single number 3. 
5. After that some international promo in countries like the UK, Germany, France etc 

Yes! And I would make a lot of emphasize the promotion in European and Caribbean countries because they are the ones that would like the most of the music in Glory

Release Make Me original vid with original choreo,

Perform Make Me at BBMA's alongside the medley as originally planned,

Perform at VMA's with original choreo instead of that minimalistic whatever it was that we got,

Love Me Down second single (had the most potential to be a hit),

Just Luv Me third single (beautiful and **** and personal, love this song),

Do You Wanna Come Over fourth and final single. This song had the most potential to become a staple and signature song for her. Its original, very Britney, and a bop.

A tour wasnt necessarily needed but it was a mistake to promote only the first single with performances and then just simmer off. Had she promoted throughout the era, Glory might have been more successful and memorable.

9 minutes ago, Theo04t said:

Yes! And I would make a lot of emphasize the promotion in European and Caribbean countries because they are the ones that would like the most of the music in Glory

Maybe they should’ve given “Make Me...” a “Womanizer” treatment by starting a brief promotional campaign in Europe. For example in the UK she could’ve performed it at the X Factor considering that the *****cat Dolls, who haven’t been relevant since like 2006 (?), performed their new single “React” there earlier this year and it went #29 in the UK, so higher than Make Me... (#42) :mj:

• Exhale+
15 minutes ago, DanaDotte said:

Love Me Down second single (had the most potential to be a hit),

Should have been the lead tbh. It was a bop made for the charts. I don’t see it get a lot of love but it was the stand out bop over dywco in my opinion :duadance:

• Like 2

Might I freak ya out, 'magine if I work ya out 😛

1 minute ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Should have been the lead tbh. It was a bop made for the charts. I don’t see it get a lot of love but it was the stand out bop over dywco in my opinion :duadance:

It was and it had the potential to rise on the charts at the time,

But DYWCO had the most potential to become a signature song, and remembered with this era.

• Like 2

Okay hear me out -- I would scrap the entire album with the exception of a few tracks like MOTM, Love Me Down, Liar, and Slumber Party. I would have her team up with people like Calvin Harris, Diplo, Hit-Boy, Max Martin and Mike Will Made It. Release an urban banger with an electronic and tropical house influence as the lead. Something next level. Something that would have stood out from the rest and would have transcended her career to the next level. I would still choose Slumber Party as the second single (since it has a killer production) but with Rihanna as a feature instead.

Aesthetically, I was hoping for something more edgy instead of the unflattering leotards and minimalistic lingerie. Bring out the rugged jeans and skin-tight leather. Get rid of that worn-out bleach blonde ragged hair and go for a darker look.

I would obviously still keep the BBMA/VMA performances but completely change the setlists. BBMA needed far better transitions as well. I would have also loved for the VMA performance to be more of a spectacle rather than G-Eazy coming in and stealing the spotlight halfway through with a Bebe Rexha song. I mean, what the f.uck was that messy rollout???

Obviously, if I was managing that era, I wouldn't have even allowed a song like 'Make Me' to be worthy of a lead or a single for that matter. That song was doomed to begin with and hardly held much replay value. Oh and have her perform at the AMAs, but only if she felt comfortable doing so. Most importantly, I think it would have been nice for her to showcase live or acoustic-style singing during the 'Glory' era. I believe that would have also transcended her career to the next level as a more respected artist. 

For the singles, I would have loved something minimalistic with dream-pop, electronic and/or tropical house influences (as stated above). A new sound for Britney that wasn't just on the theme of s.ex and hooking up. Something more introspective and groundbreaking, especially with what was going on in the world at that time. Again, none of the songs on Glory fit that mold. Not saying she shouldn't release any songs about s.ex but an entire album on just that topic was a little too much. It's the reason why 'Glory' even failed to crossover towards a wider demographic because truth of the matter is that people, and by people I mean the general public, were NOT here for it. And I understand why. There was hardly anything groundbreaking about the era or the music. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

I would still choose Slumber Party as the second single (since it has a killer production) but with Rihanna as a feature instead.

Ddddd I wish they had picked Rihanna as a feature as well but the thing is that Tinashe is such a sweet girl and she’s the ultimate Britney stan and she was so happy to collab with her so I’m kinda glad they did a collab together :airpls:

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Okay hear me out -- I would scrap the entire album with the exception of a few tracks like MOTM, Love Me Down, Liar, and Slumber Party. I would have her team up with people like Calvin Harris, Diplo, Hit-Boy, Max Martin and Mike Will Made It. Release an urban banger with an electronic and tropical house influence as the lead. Something next level. Something that would have stood out from the rest and would have transcended her career to the next level. I would still choose Slumber Party as the second single (since it has a killer production) but with Rihanna as a feature instead.

That’s b a cute idea but also glory took 2 years to make as she said n nowadays that’s wayyyyy to long to produce an album if u want to be radio friendly Bc trends come and go hence y so many artist release singles n not a whole body of work anymore. If glory was released late 2015 it would of done great as she wanted a Selena Gomez vibe n that’s when her hit album was released and received well. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

That’s b a cute idea but also glory took 2 years to make as she said n nowadays that’s wayyyyy to long to produce an album if u want to be radio friendly Bc trends come and go hence y so many artist release singles n not a whole body of work anymore. If glory was released late 2015 it would of done great as she wanted a Selena Gomez vibe n that’s when her hit album was released and received well. 

You can still release a cohesive body of work and make it radio friendly. I lengthened my initial post and stated why I think Glory fell short in many aspects but the truth of the fact is that there was hardly any creative risks taken with that album. Sure, we had her sing in French and Spanish for a couple songs but the entire body of work was about making love and s.ex. I mean, how many times is she going to sing about getting f.ucked in the a.ss or having a one-night stand? IMO it's far too played out, especially for an artist of her caliber to be singing about the same stuff for an ENTIRE album, that she was doing over 10 years ago. There's hardly any evolution there. I mean, if I, or the general public, wants to even listen to a s.ex-themed Britney album, my first response would be to listen to ITZ or Blackout, not just because they're pop classics, but the albums reflected her life at that moment unlike Glory which tried so hard to fit this mold of what was expected of her. 

For example, look at Madonna and the contrast between Erotica to Ray of Light or American Life where she fully transitioned her art into spirituality and bold political statements. Her act was getting tired and she knew exactly how to shift her image during a time when the general public was losing interest in her (mostly during the ROL era). Glory on the other hand carried nothing new or revolutionary and made her out to be a joke to the general public which took her several years to recover from.

I also think that's why Britney and her team were beyond hesitant to release anything else after Slumber Party, even a remix track or a feature, because they realized how much her career had taken a toll and was sabotaged from the messy rollout during the Glory era - from the album cover to the singles to the embarrassing VMA performance to the lackluster performances to the lip-syncing to the scrapped videos, etc.

I mean the fact that Britney explicitly stated that Selena Gomez, Selena f.ucking Gomez, was the inspiration behind Glory should tell you enough. :cackling:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

I mean the fact that Britney explicitly stated that Selena Gomez, Selena f.ucking Gomez, was the inspiration behind Glory should tell you enough. 

Lol n there u go..Britney ain’t no Madonna so expecting anything super artistic from her ain’t gonna happen.. for Britney.. glory was her trying. N we know home girl barely tries. lol 

5 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Lol n there u go..Britney ain’t no Madonna so expecting anything super artistic from her ain’t gonna happen.. for Britney.. glory was her trying. N we know home girl barely tries. lol 

She ain’t no Madonna that’s for sure and no one is asking her to be, but Britney’s work ethic in the 90s/2000s was one that even astonished Madonna herself.

Glory was her trying, sure I’ll give you that, but the direction was all wrong hence why it underperformed and turned out the way it did. It’s actually a shame and had the content been there, I think she would have had it in her to release a killer track. 

Now I admire Britney’s passion then, but just because she was more ‘artistically involved‘ with a certain album doesn’t presumably make it one of her best and stans need to stop convincing themselves otherwise.

I'd change the cover to start with....

Make Me should've been released a month earlier with the original video. If Brit didn't like the edit, they should've re-shot extra scenes and replaced or made a new edit with the footage they already had.

Man On The Moon could've been a cool second single before releasing the album

Just Luv Me as promo single 1

DYWCO as promo single 2

Slumber Party as promo single 3

Love Me Down as single 3 - the video for this would've been so good!

If they were going to do a potential 4th single, either Change Your Mind or Better would've been good

9 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

She ain’t no Madonna that’s for sure and no one is asking her to be, but Britney’s work ethic in the 90s/2000s was one that even astonished Madonna herself.

Glory was her trying, sure I’ll give you that, but the direction was all wrong hence why it underperformed and turned out the way it did. It’s actually a shame and had the content been there, I think she would have had it in her to release a killer track. 

Now I admire Britney’s passion then, but just because she was more ‘artistically involved‘ with a certain album doesn’t presumably make it one of her best and stans need to stop convincing themselves otherwise.

I think the issue is that she's not able to creatively go beyond what her team allow her to. Therefore, we'll never really see her evolve into anything other than a 'se.x pop kitten ios 2.1.3'.

That being said, Private Show and What You Need were definitely a different avenue for Brit. Her excitement for the project really did show that she was happy with it and there were some really good tracks on that album. But it'll never be an extension of Blackout, mainly because it was an attempt to follow trends and not set them.