How is COVID-19 affecting your wellness?

Whether it’s mental, physical, or emotional wellness, how is COVID-19 affecting your wellness?

————————————————————————————————————

For me, ironically enough, COVID-19 seems to be improving my wellness. I was feeling burnt out before all of this. Now I get to completely choose what I do during my day. I’ve wasted less time traveling and sitting through lectures that I struggle to pay attention in. Now I can watch my lectures at a higher playback speed to save time. I’ve had more time to focus on things I’ve been wanting to do, but didn’t have time to before.

I’ve been more consistent with my exercises and workouts than I was before all of this, and I actually can see myself getting leaner. Not being able to go to the gym has forced me to do workouts and exercises I would’ve never done before, which I’d think is leading me to become more all-around fit, rather than just being muscular.

It does suck not being able to plan my life. I was supposed to graduate college and start my career, but I have no idea how plausible getting an entry-level job in my field anytime soon will be. I also miss being with my family and friends in-person, getting to go out, and being spontaneous. It sucks always being paranoid about people getting to close to you or what surfaces you touch. It sucks not being able to just go to the store for a few things and instead trying to plan out and strategically go when you’ll be safest. I feel very fortunate for the situation I’m in though.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s affecting my wellness in that I still have to go to work and these ****s won’t cover their damn coughs :lessons: don’t get me wrong I’m fortunate to still have a job to go to but at this point it’s like when am I going to get infected and not if I’m going to get infected :tifftear:but I do be getting into arguments with people on the daily because I’m sorry but the bank is NOT an essential service at this point because mostly everything important can be done online right now but we have the same people going every single day as if nothing has changed and I want to throw hands :lessons:

35 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s affecting my wellness in that I still have to go to work and these ****s won’t cover their damn coughs :lessons: don’t get me wrong I’m fortunate to still have a job to go to but at this point it’s like when am I going to get infected and not if I’m going to get infected :tifftear:but I do be getting into arguments with people on the daily because I’m sorry but the bank is NOT an essential service at this point because mostly everything important can be done online right now but we have the same people going every single day as if nothing has changed and I want to throw hands :lessons:

That’s scary. I’m sorry you still have to deal with that. I’d be frustrated too. I’m anxious just thinking about going to the grocery store. I can’t imagine being on the front lines everyday. Stay safe! :hugs:

Well, I've been kinda in quarantine probably a month before the lockdown so yeah. I like that I'm getting the rest that I need. It's been a really tough 2018-2019 for me with regards to my demanding job. :wontcry: The only difference with the lockdown is that it is imposed by the goverment as opposed to my hibernation a month prior. :idkney: I'm pretty chill here at home but I'm paranoid about everything. I literally close all the windows. I feel like as long as my house is completely shut down and locked and closed, I'll be safe. Like, I just live in a bubble right now and just pray everyday for this to be over. Because I am scared for the world. I'm scared for an apocalypse to happen. Like, i'm chill but also scared. I don't know I can't explain. :embarrassney:

49 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I love you and please be safe and stay safe. I'll pray for you. 💜

18 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

That’s scary. I’m sorry you still have to deal with that. I’d be frustrated too. I’m anxious just thinking about going to the grocery store. I can’t imagine being on the front lines everyday. Stay safe! :hugs:

Thank you! I’m just glad if I have to work that they’re at least implementing the social distancing and we are limiting the amount of people inside. It’s still scary but it’s something for the moment :tifftear:

To be honest, quarantine has been amazing for my mental health. I needed this time on my own, working from home to kind of recharge my batteries and regroup my thoughts. I was on the verge of quitting a few months ago because I was so exhausted of the same boring office routine. So working from home has been great...I can work from the comfort of my sofa, or while watching my favorite show or music full volume. I can set my own time as long as I finish everything. I also get to be with my dog ALL DAY. My parents and family are safe. Whenever I do need to leave the house there is zero traffic. I’ve also noticed people be kinder, more thoughtful and empathetic. It’s crazy but I feel we’ve all been humbled because of this. 

I have a small business and have still been working on small jobs inside but the doors are locked since we aren't essential but I have been at a home a lot more than usual and even though I'm scared for others health wise and also the economy, I've really enjoyed not being rushed all the time and always having to be in a hurry.  This is the chillest my life has been in like ten years so I'm trying to relax and do all of the things I never have time to do at home.  I am worried also about people not being able to pay their bills and also if my business can survive this depending upon how long this goes on but being at home so much is a much needed change:tiffanynod:

I'm becoming lazier than ever :blol: I mean, I'm doing great emotionally and all, but it's very difficult to work from home for me. I just need someone telling me to do things or asking me for results, otherwise I just get distracted by everything.

To begin with, I just moved to this new job like a month ago. This new boss I have, he just doesn't ask for results or deadlines or anything, he's very easy going, so I was already procrastinating a lot even at the office. Now things are just getting worse.

Every day I'm like, I'm gonna wake up early, and do everything  as if I was going to the office, but every day I oversleep, and nobody wakes me up lol  I mean, it's nobody's responsibility but mine, but still, it's like, they know I have "to work" and nobody cares lol So I'm like, fine, I'll keep "working" the extra hours even if I finished later, but then I spend all day here at Exhale, or going out with my cats, or watching youtube. I'm always like, I'll put this youtube playlist to listen while I'm programming, but I end up just watching the entire playlist without doing anything else.

I've never really worked out, like at the gym or something, but I had started this sort of "program", like a month ago too, of home workouts, and I actually was starting to get used to it, but ever since the quarantine started, I just became so inconsistent and lazy.

But other than that I'm doing fine :gimmemoar: Time goes by so fast, I don't even notice. I wake up, and when I least expect it it's dark outside already. It's Monday, and all of a sudden it's Friday. I do miss my cousins and other relatives that I used to see every Sunday, but I know they're good. I definitely don't miss being stuck at the city's traffic, but I do miss going to San Diego to my weekly trip :P

Tomorrow is Monday again, so once more I'll make the promise to wake up earlier, to finish my work earlier, and do other stuff I can't never do, like play videogames without guilt, working out, and stuff, but we'll see.

I never go out, except for shopping when I go to San Diego, so in that department I'm also good.

I had just finished a job in December of 2019 and decided to take a break until March to travel. I ended up travelling for just a few weeks and was really looking forward to starting work in March, but then came March snd everyone is quarantined and losing jobs...

I am going cookoo too much time at home doing nothing :wontcry:

Archived