Janet Jackson gets heat for linking Nelson Mandela's prison sentence to social distancing

• Leader

Janet Jackson Tweeted a picture of Nelson Mandela with the hashtag #StayAtHome.

It included the quote: 

"In isolation for 27 years. No family, luxuries, phone. Just hope and a vision. We can do this... đŸ’Ș 🙏"

She deleted it, but the fact she thought this was inspiring I- :cackling:

If you're wondering what the big deal is... Mandela unjustly served 27 years in prison for conspiring to overthrow the state following the Rivonia Trial.

Janet was basically saying, if this man could endure 27 years in prison and come out on the other side, then certainly we can deal with being in quarantine.

However, his time behind bars does not = social distancing in any capacity. Apples and oranges. :jj:

I get what Janet was trying to accomplish with this. There was good intentions. I'll leave it at that. :jj:

Thoughts? Is the Internet outraged over nothing?

EUy6LpLUYAEdW5h?format=jpg&name=large

janet-jackson-mandela.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Not really seeing the huge controversy here. Isn’t she saying NM endured much worse, so we should keep things in perspective and realize this quarantine situation isn’t that bad?

I looked on twitter and this isn’t a big story at all so why you’re posting it on this site idk. A few ppl are mad bc NM was arrested not merely under quarantine for illness or something. but where in janets post did she undermine NM was arrested? she’s saying he’s a beacon of hope and perseverance 

maybe it was in poor taste but I don’t see this story picking up steam. It’s just fake outrage imo

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block