Female Song Of The Decade 2010s - Brackets: Round 3

Round 3  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FEMALE SONG OF THE DECADE 2010s 

BRACKETS

Spoiler

Please also vote on:

7KTnZNV.jpg

Round 2

Poll 1

Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-g2qgnJKIy-dm_wVwnBh

A mid-tempo electropop power ballad, with instrumentation consisting of massive synths and crushing drums. Lyrically, similar to the Fifty Shades Of Grey, the song talks about the uncontrollable feeling of falling in love and being seduced by someone whose touch leaves her begging for more, even when it hurts. It received acclaim from music critics and was a global success, becoming Goulding's most successful single as well as becoming her first number-one in various countries, topping the charts of over 25 territories.

VS

Let It Go - Idina Menzel (performed as Queen Elsa)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJkWWPWvpbUT0TwtJJ7lQ

The lead single of the Frozen soundtrack released in January 2014, it won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media, and the Critics' Choice Award for Best Song, and was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. Let It Go became an international hit, with the single cover version by Demi Lovato also attaining global success. 

___

Poll 2

thank u, next - Ariana Grande

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqk3nqDdV-8RlinNUZZ4y

Released on November 3, 2018 as the lead from Grande’s 5th studio album without any prior official announcement or promotion, the song debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States, becoming Grande's first. It was critically acclaimed, with critics praising its catchinessand positive message. It has been listed as one of the 100 songs that defined the 2010s decade by Billboard. The music video, references the films Mean Girls, Bring It On, 13 Going on 30 and Legally Blonde and subsequently broke several YouTube and Vevo records at the time.

VS

7 Rings - Ariana Grande

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK4sfkWKVewUOhQlRmnxe

Sampling an interpolation of "My Favorite Things", the song debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, earning Grande her second number one single (and second number one debut), where it spent 8 non-consecutive weeks atop the chart, becoming her longest running number one single to date. The single is also Grande's longest chart runner on the Hot 100 to date, spending 33 consecutive weeks before dropping out. The song also topped the charts in 19 countries, and reached the top 10 in 10 countries.

___

Poll 3

California Girls - Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg

XUcn1aD.jpg

The lead single of Teenage Dream, its midtempo production incorporates disco-pop with influences of new wave and electropop. The catchy chorus would go on to set the tone for the 5 #1s the album would follow with. Majority of critics labelled it a "summer anthem" with Billboard ranked the song number 1 on a special The 30 Summer Songs of All Time. The song was a worldwide success, peaking at #1 in 10 countries, including US for six consecutive weeks. The video features Perry with a whipped cream-gun on her breasts, a scene that would turn to be heavily parodied.

VS

We Found Love - Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzSyHARRgDjLxzaoVleCk

Written and produced by Calvin Harris, the song served as the lead single of Rihanna’s sixth studio album, Talk That Talk. The song topped the US Billboard Hot 100 for ten weeks becoming her 11th #1 single. According to Billboard it is the 24th most successful single of all time in the US. As of 2018, the single has sold 20.5 million copies worldwide. The video won a Grammy for "Best Short Form Music Video" at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards and "Video of the Year" at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.

rsz_20200409_150429.jpg.92d09c715fb89b9193501c09037252ef.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My picks:

Here I stand, and HERE I STAY! Let the storm RAGE ONN! The cold never bothered me anyway

elsa GIF

One day I’ll walk down the aisle, holding hands with my mama, I’ll be thanking my dad Cus she grew from the drama

thank you next legally blonde GIF by Ariana Grande

California Gurls we’re unpredictable, daisy dukes bikinis on top! Sun kisses skin so hot we’ll melt your popsicle!

snoop dogg GIF by Katy Perry

Archived