Lil Nas X: ‘I 100% want to represent the LGBT community’

Jordan Miller

• Leader

We stan a legend in the making :katycry:

Lil Nas X tells The Guardian he wants to represent the LGBTQ community. Some of you may say DUH, but it's still pretty common for queer artists to hide their sexuality because they fear it'll translate to less sales or label them.

Lil Nas X found a second home atop the Hot 100, and he did so as an out young man. That's admirable. 

“I 100% want to represent the LGBT community,” he says, adding that he also worries about the safety and wellbeing of fans who may grapple with the decision to come out. “I don’t want to encourage them to do something they don’t 100% want to do. Especially in, like, middle school or high school. Because it’s just super hard.”

“It’s easier for me,” he says. “I’m not depending on anybody. There’s no one who’s going to kick me out of the house – nobody to start treating me ****ty.” This may not be the case for “another 20-year-old who doesn’t quite have it figured out and still lives with his parents”. What about his own parents? “My family knows now. But it’s not something that’s ever brought up or we speak about. We’re quiet on it. Nobody’s like, ‘Oh, you got a boyfriend?’”

Thoughts? :selenerz:

4894.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

4811.jpg?width=1300&quality=45&auto=form

5894.jpg?width=300&quality=45&auto=forma

5778.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

lil-nas-x-gay.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the very beginning I knew he wasn't mediocre as an artist, he had something different (not just about sexuality, but about everything surrounding him), he has some very cool ideas for music (just check his Panini MV or the MTV 2019 VMAs performance) and he is also a LGBT+pro, we definitely will stan.

I just want to see what is his next music outside you know, the memes and the internet community, or maybe that will be he is aesthethic, idk i really want to see his next move rn

Tylor the creator should follow suite, can you imagine how Jaden Smith felt after he denied that they were together?  How his gay fans felt when he was trying to cover his sexuality?  To do so is so toxic for the many young LGBTQIA+ who look up to people like him. They need to know it's ok to be themselves!Keeping Up With The Kardashians Facts GIF by E!

12 hours ago, YvonneSpears said:

Tylor the creator should follow suite, can you imagine how Jaden Smith felt after he denied that they were together?  How his gay fans felt when he was trying to cover his sexuality?  To do so is so toxic for the many young LGBTQIA+ who look up to people like him. They need to know it's ok to be themselves!Keeping Up With The Kardashians Facts GIF by E!

Tyler the Creator basically came out 20 times. Before he changed his twitter bio, it said he liked boys...

He and Jaden Smith are for sure banging... everyone Jaden's age are all basically bisexual now. Everyone banging everyone.

I respect him a 100% on this.He got his biggest hit old town road and then decided to come out.He could have stayed in the closet and could have given even more albums and big hits easily.But he decided to come out..Imagine being a rapper and being black,People have a certain image in their minds for these people.He might have lost many fans,Might have not gotten any kind of further record deals due to hatred towards LGBTQ+ artists yet he took the guts and decided to live his identity.I completely respect him for taking the chance to live his own identity without any fears...! :)

• 1 month later...

Archived