Female Song Of The Decade 2010s - Brackets: Round 2

Round 2  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FEMALE SONG OF THE DECADE 2010s

BRACKETS

Refer to Round 1 for the details:

The full bracket:

7KTnZNV.jpg

ROUND 2

Poll 1

Work Rihanna ft. Drake

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKv8EV3xWK0AJG3sIP9on

Work is a dancehall, reggae-pop and R&B song. Lyrically, the song incorporates themes of working for money, as well as discussing fragile relationships. The song reached number one on the United States' Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song remained at the top for nine weeks. “Work" became the first dancehall song to top the Billboard Hot 100 since Sean Paul's "Temperature" back in 2006. Work would go on to set the tone for ANTI.

VS

Chandelier SIA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_nJm6T8f5Giho7M1lrXH

Released on 17 March 2014 as the lead single from 1000 Forms Of Fear, it is an electropop song, featuring electronica, R&B and reggae influences. Lyrically, the song has a melancholic theme, detailing the demoralisation and rationalisation of alcoholism. The song received 4 nominations at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards for Song of the Year, Record of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance, with its video receiving a nomination for Best Music Video and reaches the top 5 of 20 countries.

___

Poll 2

All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDlU4tq-oKchE6iupWJwF

As Trainor’s debut single, the song combines bubblegum pop, doo-wop and retro-R&B genres, and incorporates elements from 1960s music. Lyrically, Trainor intended the song to promote positive body image and self-acceptance. In the US, "All About That Bass" spent eight weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified diamond by the RIAA. As of March 2020, the video is the 30th most viewed YouTube video of all time with over 2.3 billion views.

VS

Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCQIRfb45XoP0rMk84G2u

“Call Me Maybe" is a synth pop track that alludes to the inconvenience that love at first sight brings to a girl who hopes for a call back from a new crush. It topped the chart in 17 countries, thanks to a viral tweet and parody video starring Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. It would go on to become one of the most parodied and lip-dubbed songs in history. It would launch Jepsen into super stardom overnight and was a pivotal cultural phenomenon of 2012.

___

Poll 3

Work From Home - Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZldniy4Ki3ng2Y8lwmsZ

The song was released as the lead singlefrom the group's second studio album, 7/27 in March 2016 and song is primarily an R&B track that incorporates elements of trap music and tropical house beats with lyrics depicting "work" as a euphemism for ***. Many music publications included it in their lists of best songs of the year. It became the first top-five single in the country by a girl group in ten years, following "Buttons" by The *****cat Dolls. It is the first song by a girl group to reach 1B streams on Spotify.

VS

Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRClER8_E2iMKK3Jl2-7i4

“Bang Bang" is an up-tempo, "soulful" song, that features a "clap-heavy" production, built over "big bouncy beats and horn blasts." Bang Bang" debuted at number six and later reached number three on the US Billboard Hot 100. It debuted at number one in the United Kingdom becoming Grande's second top ten single and second number one debut that year. It also marked as Nicki Minaj's first number one single on the chart.

1323524623_rsz_20200409_145731(1).jpg.c18301db536f2be796f382b0306a710e.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Omg how long should I wait I'm impatient sorry:tiffdrink: Also it's a difficult task creating so many threads I might have to seek some other voting system so we can get this over with easily :tiffdrink: what do you think? 

I guess it seemed easier in your head huh? :nicki2: It only seemed weird to me cause in the other one, only 9 people voted so far. I guess the whole first round is a drag cause there are so many polls. Are you allowed only 3 polls per thread?

3 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

I guess it seemed easier in your head huh? :nicki2: It only seemed weird to me cause in the other one, only 9 people voted so far. I guess the whole first round is a drag cause there are so many polls. Are you allowed only 3 polls per thread?

Exhale only allows maximum 3 polls per thread so yeah it's a big drag. Should I conduct the polls in some other website and link y'all to the site for you to vote on?

I can’t vote in this round. I used to love Chandelier, but I can’t even remember the last time I listened to it and I always skip it. I like Work, but I never got super into it.

And I don’t like any of the other songs or the artists that made those songs.

:tiffdrink:

Archived