PCD perform "React" acoustic style

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I wasn't expecting this to work, but it turned out to be really good. I don't understand why they're being so tone-deaf about not making the group more equal though. Even if Nicole mostly sang the studio version, they could've at least had them alternate verses/choruses here.

I think it really boils down to two matters.

1) The Pu$$ycat Dolls started off as a burlesque group and then incorporated musical guest celebs (Carmen Electra, Xtina, Gwen, Scarlette...ect) where they were the forefront singer. I think they were signed in that same fashion. Nicole who had previous fame with Eden's Crush was the "guest" aka sole singer. 

2) They are known as amazing performers. The rest of the girls can sing, but can't while dancing. Since being a dance troupe first and foremost, they have to keep that level high. The other girls sing great in the studio, but if you see videos of the last tour they did where they all had time to perform a solo song, they all relied on playback or in Melody's case, no choreo just live vocals (which honestly was pitchy at times).

I think this time around, they don't need to feed into the "brand" of the old days underground PCD. They are now viewed as strictly the once girl group. They can/ should share verses. Even if it's like Nsync, where Justin and JC had all the leads and the rest did the harmonies (where the others had the occasional solo part). That's better than this. I love PCD, obvi with my avi haha, but I would like the rest of the girls to get their shine. 

React GIF by PUSSYCAT DOLLS - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Born2Die said:

I think it really boils down to two matters.

1) The Pu$$ycat Dolls started off as a burlesque group and then incorporated musical guest celebs (Carmen Electra, Xtina, Gwen, Scarlette...ect) where they were the forefront singer. I think they were signed in that same fashion. Nicole who had previous fame with Eden's Crush was the "guest" aka sole singer. 

2) They are known as amazing performers. The rest of the girls can sing, but can't while dancing. Since being a dance troupe first and foremost, they have to keep that level high. The other girls sing great in the studio, but if you see videos of the last tour they did where they all had time to perform a solo song, they all relied on playback or in Melody's case, no choreo just live vocals (which honestly was pitchy at times).

I think this time around, they don't need to feed into the "brand" of the old days underground PCD. They are now viewed as strictly the once girl group. They can/ should share verses. Even if it's like Nsync, where Justin and JC had all the leads and the rest did the harmonies (where the others had the occasional solo part). That's better than this. I love PCD, obvi with my avi haha, but I would like the rest of the girls to get their shine. 

React GIF by PUSSYCAT DOLLS - Find & Share on GIPHY

Thank you for taking the time to educate me

bad girls club wow GIF

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block