PCD perform "React" acoustic style

I honestly don't mind this being Nicole with a bunch of the sexiest background dancers ever. I truly don't. It's still pop gold. BUT what really pissee me off is the fact that they're still trying to sell me this "everyone has a voice!" s hit. No they don't and I can see it and hear it in every thing they put out. Stop it.
But funny enough, Nicole simply CANNOT have a solo career. That's weird.

• Like 2

Ok, I need something explained.

First of all, this is a bit of an odd song to sing acoustically but ok, that's the single... 🤷🏽‍♂️

When they were signed to Interscope it was record company's decision to put Nicole as a the main one. In the meantime, we learned that the rest can sing too, plus, the are now indie so who is deciding that the other dolls should just do a back up here and there?

It's 2020! Equality is needed. People will get tired of the same old formula... 

Jusy sayin... don't get it...

React GIF by PUSSYCAT DOLLS

On 4/3/2020 at 3:11 PM, IgorMarleyBasic said:

Ok, I need something explained.

First of all, this is a bit of an odd song to sing acoustically but ok, that's the single... 🤷🏽‍♂️

When they were signed to Interscope it was record company's decision to put Nicole as a the main one. In the meantime, we learned that the rest can sing too, plus, the are now indie so who is deciding that the other dolls should just do a back up here and there?

It's 2020! Equality is needed. People will get tired of the same old formula... 

Jusy sayin... don't get it...

React GIF by PUSSYCAT DOLLS

The rest of the girls are first and foremost burlesque dancers and they became a pop group after Nicole was brought in as a singer/dancer.
Yes they can 'sing', but we don't know if they actually WANT to sing or if they are capable of singing WHILE dancing (some people can't do both at the same time). I don't like when people slam Nicole because it's not her decision, it's the managements and the girls themselves. Carmit did say the plan is for them to sing on the album, so we'll just have to wait and see since they're still recording the album. But so far, they just have louder background vocals on the lead single. It's kind of like how Destiny's Child was before they became a trio... it was like 99% Beyonce lol. I do hope they they give the other girls get solo parts as well, but honestly if they didn't WANT to be in the group, they wouldn't have re-joined. We do know that at least Carmit and Jessica did some indie solo singing before, so they might add vocals from them too... or (hopefully) they'll let all 5 sing.  So really we just have to wait and see. But don't be surprised if we don't.

• Like 2

Yes, we will wait and see. And I wasn't slamming Nicole for any decision, I was just wondering why and if the other girls will get the chance to showcase their talents.

Besides Nicole, Ashley and Jessica are the only member who released solo albums, although Ashley only in Europe (Butterfly Effect, in my opinion one of the best best solo Dolls works), Kimberly collaborated on an album with another artist and Karmit released singles only.

It would really be a shame not to hear the rest. But, I am hopeful and optimistic so I believe we will. 😃

This is cute in that it’s ok way....not a str8 up bop but pop music is meh rn so I took r we what I can get. The acoustic version is nice as u hear the other girls more I’m sure if they released more music they’ll have more parts but I also feel this song was rushed picked in everything as I think they got back together within a week recorded and practiced there routine to give on xfactor all those months ago etc etc. I feel like they probably tried to voice the others girls but it didn’t sound right on this track. 

I wasn't expecting this to work, but it turned out to be really good. I don't understand why they're being so tone-deaf about not making the group more equal though. Even if Nicole mostly sang the studio version, they could've at least had them alternate verses/choruses here.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block