Drake's new song "Toosie Slide" blasts to #1, ties Mariah Carey record

• Leader

Any Drake fans here in Exhale? Or is everyone in the Britney section :jj:

Drake recently released a music video for his new song titled "Toosie Slide." In the clip, Drake finds himself wandering around his mansion with a face mask, a clear nod to the global coronavirus crisis. :goat:

The song is also lighting up Tik Tok because of the dance that goes along with it. :lizzie:

It's kinda boring upon first listen, but I just knew the GP would eat this up. It officially debuted at #1 on the Hot 100 this week. It becomes his third single to debut at #1, tying the record previously set by Mariah Carey. :gunriah:

He's a living legend. :peasants: 

Do you like Toosie Slide?

drake-toosie-slide.jpg

It's very... boring. Nothing special. But, as @iAlwaysSingLive already said, I'm sure it'll become a huge hit and go viral on TikTok purely because of who released it. :tired:

Also, on a side note, I really don't get how rappers can release as much material as they do. While most popstars have a 2-3-year-long break before releasing another album, many modern rappers can pump out 3-4 ALBUMS in 1 year alone. And they're not just any albums: they frequently have 17+ tracks. :umomg:

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

It's very... boring. Nothing special. But, as @iAlwaysSingLive already said, I'm sure it'll become a huge hit and go viral on TikTok purely because of who released it. :tired:

Also, on a side note, I really don't get how rappers can release as much material as they do. While most popstars have a 2-3-year-long break before releasing another album, many modern rappers can pump out 3-4 ALBUMS in 1 year alone. And they're not just any albums: they frequently have 17+ tracks. :umomg:

Carly Slaé Jepsen could do that too, but she wants to put out quality music instead. I mean, we weren't even close to the release of "Eau De Dedicatéd" when she said that she had already written like a hundred songs. :tiffdrink:

• Like 2
  • Leader
3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I was like "does he really think he can pull this **** again?!" wKySbEM.gif I swear the GP will eat up anything, but when Carly Slaé Jépsén released "EAU DE É●MO●TION" (literally album of the century) we got crickets. :tired:

Drake IS immensely talented, but yea he burbs and the GP goes :bop:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
  • Leader
3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Carly Slaé Jepsen could do that too, but she wants to put out quality music instead. I mean, we weren't even close to the release of "Eau De Dedicatéd" when she said that she had already written like a hundred songs. :tiffdrink:

Yea when artists say they have 100 songs, sometimes I'm convinced it's cause they're LOST. Like, is it a good thing :cackling:

1 minute ago, JordanMiller said:

Yea when artists say they have 100 songs, sometimes I'm convinced it's cause they're LOST. Like, is it a good thing :cackling:

Honestly, it annoys the hell out of me when artists say that because it makes me thirst over something that I'm never going to get. :tired: Wish every artist was like Chris Brown and released 48 song albums. wKySbEM.gif

6 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Wish every artist was like Chris Brown and released 48 song albums. wKySbEM.gif

Honey, no... for one, Chris' music is City trashes garbage bins in bid to 'clean up', so he's a bad example. wKySbEM.gif Also, keep in mind that a 50+ song album will usually have many average / mediocre songs that just aren't worth your time. That's one of the positives about having shorter albums: you're more likely to have an album filled with great tracks. Also, an album that long is just... y'know, LONG. A 2-hour-long listen just doesn't sound fun. For fuc|<'s sake, most compilation / greatest hits albums aren't even that long.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Honey, no... for one, Chris' music is City trashes garbage bins in bid to 'clean up', so he's a bad example. wKySbEM.gif Also, keep in mind that a 50+ song album will usually have many average / mediocre songs that just aren't worth your time. That's one of the positives about having shorter albums: you're more likely to have an album filled with great tracks. Also, an album that long is just... y'know, LONG. A 2-hour-long listen just doesn't sound fun. For fuc|<'s sake, most compilation / greatest hits albums aren't even that long.

Carly Slaé Jepsen is an exception since she is physically incapable of releasing mediocre music, and I'd take a 50 song album any day. :tiffdrink:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block