Free Comrade Britney

ColdAsFire89

Whilst the communist memes and jokes are happening due to Britney’s post to „redistribute wealth“ somebody took the time to research (or is from exhale) and write about the conservatorship. It’s a good stance and questions why supported decision making is not proposed as an option for Britney.

Glad this is getting to different audiences.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/britney-spears-conservatorship/

Spread the word. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got around to reading this article and I must say it is a fantastic piece

Especially these bits which I thought were very compelling but ultimately heart wrenching

Crane explained to me that once someone is under guardianship, they only rarely get back out: “You need to go to court and establish that the conservatorship isn’t necessary anymore. But because you haven’t recently had the opportunity to make decisions for yourself, it’s extremely difficult to persuade a judge that you can make those decisions.”

Another newer option is something called “supported decision-making.” Supported decision-making is a more informal arrangement than guardianship, in which a disabled person who may have difficulty making decisions can consult family and friends, while the person retains their legal rights. In California, where Spears lives, supported decision-making is an option for disabled people and their families, even though there is no specific legal recognition of it yet.

While we all joke about how Comrade Britney will be the first celebrity over the barricades when we storm Mar-a-Lago and make edits of Chinese Communist propaganda, please keep in mind that she is experiencing an extreme abrogation of her civil rights that remains unquestioned, difficult to break, and hidden from public view for many Americans.

Also it's a shame that for a magazine with such a large following it barely had any impact

8 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Finally got around to reading this article and I must say it is a fantastic piece

Especially these bits which I thought were very compelling but ultimately heart wrenching

Also it's a shame that for a magazine with such a large following it barely had any impact

Yeah it's a shame that a lot of Britney related crap has been trending lately, yet FreeBritney fails to have an impact even when it's covered by magazines. It's so frustrating.

Archived