Today Is The 25th Anniversary Of Selena's Death

38 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I think my favorites are Bidi Bidi Bom Bom (since childhood), Como La Flor (because it's iconic), her Disco Medley, the Enamorada De Ti Club Mix and Captive Heart, which is just so damn FIRE.

The Netflix series is supposed to be made with her family's involvement, right? I hope it's good.

The taste! I prefer the original Enamorada De Ti to the Club Mix, but Captive Heart is one of her best songs, period. And Disco Medley is so iconic, especially when it gets to On The Radio. 

I'm really looking forward to the Netflix series. I adore the movie, but I'm ready for something fresh. The 1997 biopic introduced so many new fans to Selena, and the upcoming series will definitely do that too.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

It came out only 2 years after her death :tifftear: it was an absolutely crazy and heartwrenching situation. Her husband, who was also the guitar player in her band, talked about how much pain the movie caused him and how he could barely watch it. 

Oh god. That's a short time cause in those 2 years, they had to do pre prod, shoot, and post prod. So they really rushed into making the film and that's awful. :sobbing:

36 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Omg. That must've been so hard and added more stress to their already grieving hearts. How long since her death when the movie was released?  :idkney:

Yeah, I can't even begin to imagine what they were going through. :wendycry:

3 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

The taste! I prefer the original Enamorada De Ti to the Club Mix, but Captive Heart is one of her best songs, period. And Disco Medley is so iconic, especially when it gets to On The Radio. 

I'm really looking forward to the Netflix series. I adore the movie, but I'm ready for something fresh. The 1997 biopic introduced so many new fans to Selena, and the upcoming series will definitely do that too.

I just hope the Netflix series is better than that corny "El Secreto De Selena" mini-series on Telemundo. All of that build-up to reveal that there wasn't any secret. People thought she was banging some plastic surgeon, but he was just her friend and she was asking him for advice about her business shortly before her death or something.

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Oh god. That's a short time cause in those 2 years, they had to do pre prod, shoot, and post prod. So they really rushed into making the film and that's awful. :sobbing:

And one of the most famous facts about the movie was that JLo got so much backlash after being cast. Like, a TON. Selena's fans did not want a Puerto Rican actress to portray the Mexican Selena, despite the fact that the two were practically doppelgängers.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

And one of the most famous facts about the movie was that JLo got so much backlash after being cast. Like, a TON. Selena's fans did not want a Puerto Rican actress to portray the Mexican Selena, despite the fact that the two were practically doppelgängers.

She did? Omg. I thought that movie was like revered and was like J.Lo's breakout thing. or was Anaconda? Cause that one really is so iconic to me. I've seen that more times during my entire childhood and teen years more than the total times I've seen Crossroads. :imcute:

Yea I do see the resemblance very much. Now I really want to see the movie. 

9 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Yeah, I can't even begin to imagine what they were going through. :wendycry:

I just hope the Netflix series is better than that corny "El Secreto De Selena" mini-series on Telemundo. All of that build-up to reveal that there wasn't any secret. People thought she was banging some plastic surgeon, but he was just her friend and she was asking him for advice about her business shortly before her death or something.

Ugh don't even get me started on that mini series. :ririshade2: it only exists because of Yolanda and her attenting seeking lies. :smokney2: And everyone forgets about how much JLo was bullied for taking on that role, despite the fact that Selena was all about bringing people of different races and ethnicities together.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Roxxy said:

She did? Omg. I thought that movie was like revered and was like J.Lo's breakout thing. or was Anaconda? Cause that one really is so iconic to me. I've seen that more times during my entire childhood and teen years more than the total times I've seen Crossroads. :imcute:

Yea I do see the resemblance very much. Now I really want to see the movie. 

The movie is definitely revered. All the haters ate their words when the movie came out and everyone loved her in the role. But in the very beginning, people did not want her to play Selena whatsoever.

12 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

Ugh don't even get me started on that mini series. :ririshade2: it only exists because of Yolanda and her attenting seeking lies. :smokney2: And everyone forgets about how much JLo was bullied for taking on that role, despite the fact that Selena was all about bringing people of different races and ethnicities together.

I actually never watched the mini-series. Mostly because I don't get Telemundo on my TV lol But my mom and grandma watched it, and they were so unimpressed. My mom is a high-key Selena stan, and even kinda looked like her when she was young.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The movie is definitely revered. All the haters ate their words when the movie came out and everyone loved her in the role. But in the very beginning, people did not want her to play Selena whatsoever.

Was the movie just about, like, her humble beginnings, rags to riches, how she rose to stardom? Did it include what happened during that tragic day? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Was the movie just about, like, her humble beginnings, rags to riches, how she rose to stardom? Did it include what happened during that tragic day? 

Yep, the movie covered most of the major events, including her childhood, her rise to stardom, her love life, and of course the events on March 31st. I think they did it rather tastefully, though it's a jarring scene. I'm not going to spoil how they do it since you've never seen the movie but it was done well. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

Yep, the movie covered most of the major events, including her childhood, her rise to stardom, her love life, and of course the events on March 31st. I think they did it rather tastefully, though it's a jarring scene. I'm not going to spoil how they do it since you've never seen the movie but it was done well. 

OMG this got me intrigued. Am I gonna be horrified and cry during this scene? Cause I'm a cry baby. :crying3:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

Yes you most definitely will be crying. :eheeek: Literally no one gets through this scene without shedding some major tears :wontcry:

5 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Go watch it, sis. It's worth it, I promise.

Hey ladies! Is it on Netflix?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Hey ladies! Is it on Netflix?

15 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I think so, but I'm not sure. If it's not on Netflix, it'll definitely be on Hulu. Everything is on one or the other.

It's actually not on either, which is beyond irritating. :tiffdrink: But the DVD is pretty cheap on Ebay. It's also on Kodi with the addon Exodus or literally any of the other movie addons if you know what that is. :lollipop:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block