Today Is The 25th Anniversary Of Selena's Death

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On March 31st, 1995, at 11:50 AM, a 911 dispatcher received a call about a woman who had just been shot at a Days Inn hotel. The woman had run into the hotel lobby claiming that she had just been shot

JLo posted a video a few weeks ago as a tribute to Selena and in it, she talked about how the family had to rush to make the movie despite their grieving due to trashy rag magazines posting fabricated

@AmorProhibido What a thoughtful thread Main paged it

Posted Images

Omg... :crying2:

This is the first time I'm reading details about her death. I had no idea that was the reason. I've never seen the J.Lo film either even if I've known about it for yearsss. Maybe it is high time I watch it. :idkney:

Great thread btw! ❤

• Love 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Exhale+
31 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

This is the first time I'm reading details about her death. I had no idea that was the reason. I've never seen the J.Lo film either even if I've known about it for yearsss. Maybe it is high time I watch it. :idkney:

Great thread btw! ❤

Thank you! :) I know a lot of people on Exhale aren't very familiar with her and I wanted to write something small about her just to inform people and maybe even attract new fans. And yes, you should definitely watch it. I watch it a lot in general, but my friends and I always make time to watch it and her live concerts on this day. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

🌟They flicker, flicker, flicker, but they ain't gonna shine like us 🌟

16 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

Thank you! :) I know a lot of people on Exhale aren't very familiar with her and I wanted to write something small about her just to inform people and maybe even attract new fans. And yes, you should definitely watch it. I watch it a lot in general, but my friends and I always make time to watch it and her live concerts on this day. 

Well, it's a good read. ❤ It's comprehensive and fat free and from the heart. I didn't even know your username was related to her until...

1 hour ago, AmorProhibido said:

Amor Prohibido (1994)

:gaspney:

I'm like, oh ok so she's a stan. :o

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Exhale+

I've never listened to any of her music, but, as a fan of true crime, I'm very familiar with her story. She was absolutely beautiful inside and out. A gorgeous woman and, most importantly, a gorgeous soul and human being. Such a genuinely sad and tragic story. RIP, and may her legacy live on for decades and centuries to come. ♥♥♥

• Like 2

Probably we all say the same about artists that pass away, or people in general, that they were the best, that they had a brilliant career ahead of them and whatnot, but in Selena's case, she really WAS that brilliant. She had the talent, the charisma, the looks, she had already started recording those more pop/r&b songs in English. She was already big but I'm sure her career was about to skyrocket even more had she lived a bit longer.

Yes, after all she's been immortalized as a legend, and her music is still loved and played by millions, more than two decades later, but that doesn't remove that feeling of wondering what could've been of her career, what could've her sound and style evolved into, how she would've influenced the music and the Latin artists. Not to mention that is super unfair the way she died. It wasn't an accident, she wasn't sick, that woman simply stole her life, at such a young age, and it's one of those things one will never understand why they happen. Why did things have to be this way.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Community Curators

My favorite song from her is como la flor 

ugh will be listening to it today

she was a truly kind soul who came from a small family and really worked her *** off to get to where she was with the help of her family ofc 

rip selenaS :tifftear:

• Like 1
  • Exhale+
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think this is my favorite song of hers

El Chico Del Apartamento 512 is such a bop :barbie: I love her laugh in this song.

4 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

My favorite song from her is como la flor 

ugh will be listening to it today

she was a truly kind soul who came from a small family and really worked her *** off to get to where she was with the help of her family ofc 

rip selenaS :tifftear:

I love Como La Flor but listening to it always makes me so sad :kyliecry: it's just got this heartbreaking quality to it, apart from the lyrics I mean. It's impossible for me to narrow down my favorite since it's always a tie between I'm Getting Used To You and La Llamada. 

• Like 3

• Exhale+
1 hour ago, pieceofbritUK said:

Rest in peace Selena, she achieved so much and is an icon for the latin community. Amor prohibido, techno cumbia, si una vez... so many hits! :crying2:

Btw where is the Netflix series about her life? Wasn't it meant to be released this year?

Yesss the girl had so many hits! :yesplease: She truly was an icon. And as far as I know, the series is coming out sometime this year.

• Like 2

I love Selena. And I'm so happy that even after all this time, JLo always takes the time to pay respects (as she should, as much as I love JLo, she wouldn't be half as successful as she is if not for Selena).

It's really so sad that what killed her was the blood loss. I've heard several people say over the years that if she had just stayed in the room and not moved around so much, she could've been saved. Tragically, her attempt to escape is what sealed her fate.

We stan an iconic Latina queen. She really did pave the way for current and past Latino megastars like JLo, Shakira, Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias and others. R.I.P. Selena, we miss you.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Great thread btw! ❤

JLo posted a video a few weeks ago as a tribute to Selena and in it, she talked about how the family had to rush to make the movie despite their grieving due to trashy rag magazines posting fabricated stories about both Selena's life and her death.

So since the family was being approached for biopics anyways, they jumped at the chance to clear up all the lies and rumors to keep Selena's reputation intact. And that's just sad to me. They couldn't let the family grieve. They had to process their hurt through the making of the movie.

9 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I've never listened to any of her music, but, as a fan of true crime, I'm very familiar with her story. She was absolutely beautiful inside and out. A gorgeous woman and, most importantly, a gorgeous soul and human being. Such a genuinely sad and tragic story. RIP, and may her legacy live on for decades and centuries to come. ♥♥♥

I don't know your musical tastes, but if you love Latin music, definitely check out her Spanish hits. If not, then definitely check out "Dreaming Of You", "I Could Fall In Love" and "Captive Heart". The first two are her most iconic English songs and DOY is her signature hit after the movie, while CH is a **** moody Gimme More-style bop. (But in 90's style because duh.)

1 hour ago, AmorProhibido said:

Yesss the girl had so many hits! :yesplease: She truly was an icon. And as far as I know, the series is coming out sometime this year.

I think my favorites are Bidi Bidi Bom Bom (since childhood), Como La Flor (because it's iconic), her Disco Medley, the Enamorada De Ti Club Mix and Captive Heart, which is just so damn FIRE.

The Netflix series is supposed to be made with her family's involvement, right? I hope it's good.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

JLo posted a video a few weeks ago as a tribute to Selena and in it, she talked about how the family had to rush to make the movie despite their grieving due to trashy rag magazines posting fabricated stories about both Selena's life and her death.

So since the family was being approached for biopics anyways, they jumped at the chance to clear up all the lies and rumors to keep Selena's reputation intact. And that's just sad to me. They couldn't let the family grieve. They had to process their hurt through the making of the movie.

Omg. That must've been so hard and added more stress to their already grieving hearts. How long since her death when the movie was released?  :idkney:

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Exhale+
26 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Omg. That must've been so hard and added more stress to their already grieving hearts. How long since her death when the movie was released?  :idkney:

It came out only 2 years after her death :tifftear: it was an absolutely crazy and heartwrenching situation. Her husband, who was also the guitar player in her band, talked about how much pain the movie caused him and how he could barely watch it. 

• Love 3