Should the movie and concert industry cut prices?

Spicechinodiva

When the world resumes normal activity instead of staying at home and alienating from loved ones..

My big question is...

Should movie theaters and concerts be a lot more cheaper?

If you think about. People are cutting Netflix and certain things just to stay alive during this financial crisis.

Some people don't have a Choice but to stay home as a single parent. 

So should the entertainment industry in general should cut their prices so people can afford to take their family or friends out to have some fun?

I think they should. It's not like they are the ones suffering from this. 

movies.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader

I think things should initially be cheaper, YES. 

The world has changed, therefore industries must change as well. 

I think movies being instantly made available at-home upon their premieres will be something that stays. Imagine having to go to a theater to listen to a new album when it comes out. 

Awesome thread @Spicechinodiva

I have an AMC Stubs membership and going to the movies on that is incredibly cheap. I attend loads of concerts and those are the ones I think should be cheaper. They need to cut down on “convenience” fees :nochillbrit: I don’t get how a ticket can be advertised as $40 but then when you add all of their fees to it you pay $80-100 :bang:

I've been screaming this for YEARS.

I'm speaking for my homecountry which is Belgium:

The lowest ticketprices for a concert of an A-list entertainer is around €65.

€65 to sit at the top and in the back of the arena where you need to watch a screen in order to see anything as you're too far away from the stage.

That's WAY too much for such bad seats, the best seats closest to the stage are usually around €115 for Britney (POM 2018), €154 for Taylor Swift (Lover Fest+other artists) and up to €180 for Madonna, Celine Dion (2020), ...

I don't agree with going to a concert to watch a screen, you just could stay at home and wait for a DVD release or fan uploaded vids instead which is a lot cheaper in my opinion. I always buy the best seats but it really isn't cheap.

As to what's happening right now in the world, we are facing both a medical and economic disaster. When the virus has come to an end, the real aftermath will begin: many people will lose their jobs as many employers will go bankrupt, extra taxes are most likely to come alive to decrease the economic damages, people will be left with debts, ...

I'm actually more scared for the economic aftermath than for the virus itself. This is alreayd being called the BIGGEST economic disaster since World War 2.

No way people will massively buy concert tickets for the next 2 years as EVERYONE needs to recover from this disaster...

Archived