Can we talk about how they took the fun out from the Hot As Ice demo?

Nickey

I mean, check out the demo of this song

Then the official one:

Is it just me or the official version isn't as good? I feel like there's too much pitch correction, the demo has a better ending, the "oooh"s at 0:12 and so on by a woman impersonating (?) Xtina in the beginning doesn't fit the song for me. And Britney's vocals are just. Too much. Autotuned. :nyheadache:

It might be just me and nostalgia as I remember myself blasting to this leaked demo in 2007... but I still miss the fun that you can clearly hear in the demo. And I don't mind that she's off key in some parts, it's a fun song, like it should be.

Btw please don't come at me, I really love Blackout anyway, demos or not :outwithit:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, i'm confused. You say it like it's just one recording. As a new Exhaler, I don't know if you all know something I don't, but i've always thought that they are two different recordings. Like, an early demo and another recording - the one they used and 'produced' as the final version. So this demo is also the final version?

psychadelic GIF

I mean, like, the same way there is a Womanizer early demo - one I totally forgot existed but was reminded of it by another member in another thread, like, weeks ago. Hehe.

34 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Wait, i'm confused. You say it like it's just one recording. As a new Exhaler, I don't know if you all know something I don't, but i've always thought that they are two different recordings. Like, an early demo and another recording - the one they used and 'produced' as the final version. So this demo is also the final version?

psychadelic GIF

I mean, like, the same way there is a Womanizer early demo - one I totally forgot existed but was reminded of it by another member in another thread, like, weeks ago. Hehe.

I think the demo is just a demo, like a preview of the final one. It has raw vocals and almost everything put together pretty rough but accurate enough to hear if the song is good enough to put in the album. I'm not sure if demo vocals are on the final one though.

I prefer the album version, but I get what you’re saying. They did the same thing to Mona Lisa. Ruined all the rawness,  authenticity, emotion of the song in the released version. The original is far better imo.

Britney’s entire goal around this time was to take a ‘less is more’ approach (she said this in interviews), and then they took the same old pop approach and diluted out all the authenticity, fun, and ‘live’ sound.

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

I prefer the album version, but I get what you’re saying. They did the same thing to Mona Lisa. Ruined all the rawness,  authenticity, emotion of the song in the released version. The original is far better imo.

Britney’s entire goal around this time was to take a ‘less is more’ approach (she said this in interviews), and then they took the same old pop approach and diluted out all the authenticity, fun, and ‘live’ sound.

I soooo agree. The demo is so pure and creative, her way of singing the song makes it so authentic and strong.  While the final version sounds cheap and almost basic, they took away the most powerfull thing in the song: her way of singing.

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

saaaame! The Hot as Ice demo is not my tea, but the Mona Lisa demo... :yesplease:

Danja said they didn't use any autotune on the songs he produced, though this is the one song that sounds like a lie. I think the filter on her voice is just high. And thats is Britney's voice in the beginning lol

The only thing I hate about the album version is that it's edited badly during the bridge, they literally just cut her voice off (2:05) instead of blending it better or using the demos vocals to fix it.

Archived