GP's misconceptions about Britney

Strongest

Today I was thinking about how much it grinds my gears when I'm scrolling through the YouTube comment section below a classic Britney video or performance and see someone reply "she was only ___ at the time" and it's the wrong age. 

For example, for the Oops VMA performance, I know there are few comments stating she was 19. She wasn't. She was 18. Or for the Slave video, she was 19, not "20". 

What people are doing are seeing these videos, seemingly for the first time in a while or first time period and then searching the year she was born and subtracting that from the current year. But her birthday is in December, so in the majority of those videos, that equation won't work.

And yes, I know it's "only a year", but for someone who is acclaimed to be as charismatic and talented and how it is emphasized how young she was when she accomplish so much, I personally believe people should get her age right. 

take a bow thank you GIF by Iliza

Is there anyone else who has a pet peeve or maybe a commonly held belief with the general public has about Britney (I'm hoping to get a few responses about pet peeves that are as mundane as mine :embarrassney: )

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About her age, it's quite normal for December celebrants (like myself) to always be, like, a year younger. Because it's like we turn a year older the following year. That's why people always get her age wrong. Hehe. I was born December 7th.

My pet peeve is seeing/hearing wrong song titles. Like, hearing Jayden on his IG live say "Hit me baby one more time" got me like :dead:

and "Oops! I Did It Again" is another one :wontcry: 

and then there's "I'm a Slave for You:queenie: 

and then we have "If You Seek Amy:orangu:

like why is it so hard to be a Britney stan like why are her song titles so outta this world and worse cause they always pick the hard titles to become singles. That's why locals get it wrong all the time. :crying1:

But it's the GP so I guess we can't do anything about that. We can't expect them to know the facts. It's also a different story when I see a fan not write the accurate song titles... ugh... i can't. Don't get me started on flop fans. :embarrassney:

• Content Curators

A huge and one of very few pet peeves I have regarding Brit is when people spell her name like Brittany, Britani or Brittny or however they spell it. I'm like her name is right there on the video or on the article why in the world are they spelling it like that besides the way Britney spells is so much easier to write instead of all those variants. I'm all mad again. I need to go smell Prerogative and calm down.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Another one of mine. Is the whole songwriting thing. She does write. But they will put her lyrics against Xtina, Taylor swift or MC. And it's annoying. She will never be an artist that will let you in her personal life, her political beliefs or whatever else is personal. She knows her audience wants to escape and she knows not a lot of pop music acts do that now. 

• Content Curators
On 3/29/2020 at 4:56 AM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten this reponse after telling someone that I love Kneedle: "But she can't sing..." :sponge: GRINDS MY FREAKIN' GEARS!!! :rihit: One time, a Selena Gomez fan told me that... MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!! :bichpls:

A SG fan said that :xfactorlook: they need to go get their ears checked, you cant even call Selina a singer that's just offensive to the art and a flat out lie.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

People who say she cant dance or sing (I know she opted out of doing those things much lately lol). But they use to say it when she was at her peak.

But thats a pet peeve in general when people say a person can't sing because they don't like the tone of a person's voice. Singing ability is a fact, liking a person's tone is an opinion and clearly 70 million people like the tone of her voice.

But I guess it comes with the territory of being one of the most famous people in the world. 

Archived