What really happened between Outrageous video shoot and Greatest Hits My Prerogative?

zxcvb

For those that were actually fans during this time and really remember, what happened during this period.  Because it appears to be a critical juncture in Britney's career.

I'm aware that her injured her cancelled the rest of the Outrageous shoot and her tour.  But why weren't other singles released from the album in the meantime?

Obviously Outrageous should have never been the 4th single, but since it was, shouldn't her cancelled Outrageous shoot have opened the door for another single and music video-especially a non-dancing music video?

Why did they abandon In The Zone at that point?  What really happened?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was with Kevin. The rebellion had already begun and I think her focus shifted from work to starting a family. Which in turn was the rise of Britney the socialite. I think they had to cancel the tour because of her knee injury. And as far as I’ve always heard, Outrageous had to be a single- which I always found peculiar. What was so special about that song? Is R. Kelly that powerful in the music industry? Anyway I think this is a really interesting topic! Hope I could help a little!

Outrageous was still released for the most part as a radio single, but obviously it had no music video to promote it. There was rumours a fifth single was being planned to be released from In the Zone but this never happened when Britney injured her knee. I mean you can’t exactly do much promotion for singles when you have injured yourself. 

The injury kinda changed a lot of things. As well as allowing Britney to recover (she was pictured many times with crutches/a cast on her knee at that time) it also gave her time to slow down and take a break from her career, which is what I think she wanted for some time. She then got married to Kevin a few months later of course. I think this break and her marriage, as well as her injury, pretty much put an end to the ITZ era and allowed Jive to release GHMP.

Because what's the point when she cant even do promo anymore? I remember she was advised to take like a break that i'm not sure was it 6 months or 3 months. So really, what can they do other than just close the era. :mhm:

But that's not even really the main reason. The injury was just the beginning. But ultimately it's something else. She already secretly got married to Kevin in a civil wedding in September that year so she wanted to have a break. That's ultimately the reason for the ITZ era ending. It was her really just wanting everything to just stop, to just stop and just shut everything off - is what she said on For The Record. And wanting to start a new life via the perfumes. Which is not as grueling as being a popstar. :mattafact:

48 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

Outrageous was still released as a single, just without the video. I remember the song on the radio during that time. 

The last part of ITZ basically got scrapped

It was only sent to American radios but it wasn’t released internationally 

she lived with brian for a while too (not so sure but they were very close)
she used to live in this apartment where she used to be photographed all the time on the balcony. she was living her life of no worries with kevin, shopping, smoking weed and watching movies lol

kevin was so hot during that time :airpls:

i don't blame her falling for him, look how cute they were :katycry:

040.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

017.jpg

Tbh I don’t get why they didn’t edit the video in a way that it was full length with what they shot already and maybe filled in some scenes with shots she’s not needed in? It’s not like she performs every single on talk shows anyway? Then wait till what would’ve been my prerogative to release breath on me 

She wanted to get married, have a child, cut off her family and label, and told her fans in a letter that she wants to stop music for a while. Which is why she released a greatest hits album so she doesnt have to do anything for a while. This is the real time Britney started rebelling..

It was the out she desperately wanted. Britney was with Kevin and she had made it very clear that was her focus. She wanted to get married and be a mom. She wanted out of the public eye and to be normal for a while, if not forever. Her team tried to release Outrageous, but without the proper promo and music video it didn’t really catch on. And without Britney being interested in her career anymore the In The Zone era just fizzled out sadly. 

But it was Britney who insists to shoot video for Do Somethin’ in the beginning of 2005 and release it as single. And that single become more popular then My Prerogative in Europe!  If she would like to be at home, she didn’t do that, did she?
And all Mona Lisa premier with misleading  “Originsl Doll” - when she could record that album - only in Summer-Autumn of 2004? Something seems not ok with timing..

maybe she tried walk away from Jive?

Britney got injured as we know and the video was shelved, and she was just done at that point. The tour was cancelled and the era was cut short. Britney was very clear that she wanted to focus on her relationship with Kevin and start a family. She was starting to rebel against her team, her family, and she was happy doing what she wanted to do again. She was craving the normal life, and that's another reason I think she loved Kevin. He was normal and that was what she had wanted for so many years. Just a normal life, a normal guy and a family out of the spotlight.

I loved when she use to keep us updated on BS.com and always let us know how she was feeling. The conservatorship completely took that away and silenced her. Those immature IG posts by Lou Taylor are not her.

She barely even promoted ITZ after her two/three televised performances of Toxic in early 2004. Britney was still feeling the effects of the radio ban anyway and Jive refused to move into the future with digital releases keeping her even lower on the charts.

She was definitely glad she didn't have to finish the tour. I just wish we got an amazing Breathe On Me video, though it would have flopped as a single.

Archived