Madonna's 'Madame X' Is Actually Really Freakin' Good

I wasn't particularly in love with "Madame X" when it first came out. The only songs that I genuinely liked and listened to were "I Rise", "God Control" and "Faz Gostoso" (the potential #1 single that got away). :idkney: What hurt my listening experience the most was the unfavorable preconceived notions about "Madame X" that I had. I was convinced that the album would be a generic desperate trend-chasing mess filled with overdone reggaeton and stuff. However, that couldn't have been further from the truth. The album isn't like that at all. Even "Medellín" I wouldn't call generic. :donewithit: Anyway... I kind of gave up on "Madame X" after my first few listens, but now, after some time has passed, I've relistened to it again a few more times and somehow I've been absolutely loving it. :kfed: The only songs that I still don't like are "Medellín" and "Bish I'm Loca". The rest are freakin' amazing. :omgreallyney: Highlights: Dark Ballet, God Control, Crave, Crazy, Faz Gostoso, I Don't Search I Find, I Rise, Extreme Occident, Killers Who Are Partying. :duadance: Another thing I'm thankful for is that Madonna never gives up on eras even if she flops. We got 3 singles and 4 wonderful music videos despite the fact that none of the songs charted. Britney can't relate. :begone:

madonna-madame-x.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, rik said:

i only like these songs, but I didn't bother to listen to the whole thing because that mumble effect they added to her voice (which I think she thinks keeps her young and hip when in reality I think it makes the music sound horrible.....)

God Control (excellent)

Crave (basic as **** but nice)

Come Alive

Personally, I think this could've been a darker version of Ray Of Light, she kinda just.... didn't know when to stop lmao

Yeah, the effects on her voice turned me off at first, but somehow I've gotten used to them. :donewithit:

"God Control" is definitely THAT song. It might be her best song in over a decade. It's a masterpiece. Might be a bit of an overstatement, but it reminds of "Bohemian Rhapsody" when it comes to its structure. :howiroll:

Cool Topic!

My personal favorites are

BATUKA ❤️❤️❤️ - my favorite videos this era and my favorite number during the Madame X tour, it really made me emotional and that's hard to do, I don't have a heart 😂

FAZ GOSTOSO - this is such a GEM! Strutting down the street with headphones on and listening to this, you feel like a part of the music video 🤷🏽‍♂️

LOOKING FOR MERCY - this one really surprised me but I love it at the first listen...

I RISE & COME ALIVE  - were great live during the tour.

As a former dancer the I Rise choreography was everything I wanted and more! ❤️

And yeah, it's great to see Madge not following trends like she used to. She did a world album. 

true blue madonna GIF

25 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

Hold up, Medellín isn’t one of your faves? Last year was the first time that me and my Nan agreed on Song of the Year. Medellín pops all the way off, I literally haven’t ever stopped listening to it since release

I don't know... It just doesn't do anything for me. :idkney: I don't mind it if it's playing in the background, but other than that... Not my thing. :unbothered:

1 hour ago, rik said:

i only like these songs, but I didn't bother to listen to the whole thing because that mumble effect they added to her voice (which I think she thinks keeps her young and hip when in reality I think it makes the music sound horrible.....)

God Control (excellent)

Crave (basic as **** but nice)

Come Alive

Personally, I think this could've been a darker version of Ray Of Light, she kinda just.... didn't know when to stop lmao

Yeah the only good songs were God Control/Come Alive/Future...I really reallllllyyyyyy tried to like the rest but it's just grating to my ears. Not pleasant. I'm a lifelong Madonna fan I even can listen to American Life but I just can't warm up to this album no matter how much I try.

It told a story. 

Alot of people wanted to dance like rebel heart. But she told a story. The way the Medellin video set it up. We thought we were getting a whole visual album..

Some people say the 13 track version is better cos it's more cohesive. It's definitely darker. And very somber. I do see why. She did *****, I'm loca, Faz gostozo and The 90s throwback with vogue all over it. I DON'T SEARCH I FIND. But as usual for my girl. She said. Ok I let you had fun. Now sitdown time to tell the story again. Looking for mercy. Fans mades memes of basically Madonna looking for her daughter Mercy.

But that hit me as the gay teen growing up in a small Christian town of 5,000. Looking for someone in a dark hour.

Then I rise is basically the perfect ender. After all the darkness there's always light at the end..

Hopefully this helps. 

But the die hards know. After a very dark album. Madonna always does a fun record.

Erotica was considered her darkest album to date. So she did Bedtime stories  to lighten the mood.

American Life was considered very dark and somber. So Confessions happened.

Madame X was probably darker than the other two. So we know a happy album is next. 

Plus She did say in 2005. Everytime she works with Mirwais Ahmadzaï. The album is very dark and political. Ironically confessions started with him outside future lovers. She started to realize the problem. She loves him dearly. But she said her 2005 Documentary was her political statements..Thus the album was heavily produced By Stuart Price. 

Madame X is among one of Madonna's best albums I think, for sure. 

Medellin is amazing. Suits any kind of summery vibe!!! Dark Ballet is a MASTERPIECE, along with the video - the spoken verse is so eerie and mystical. Other favourites of mine are ***** I'm Loca, God Control, Crave, Crazy and I Don't Search I Find! 

I hope the album's lack of recognition doesn't stop Madonna from creating more amazing music :zoomzoom: I'm ready for another album! 

It will be once again as usual. Be praised in retrospective reviews. As a Madonna die hard. It sucks. But we're used to it. None the less. Certain albums by acts get this. Ie. Blackout for britney and Impossible princess and one day Golden by Kylie minogue. 

But I have yet to see a catalog get relooked like Madonna. 

Album's yes. But As a whole. Her discography always gets relooked. Hell Billboard is now even looking at her 2000 Album "Music" and said. Once again she reinvented pop music with that album. That album turns 20 this year and declared in the year 2000 she did it again and reinvented the genre..

It's been said by fans who hated the album. They said The tour made them changed their mind. 

I know killers who are partying got criticized by everybody. 

Some said Honest attempt.

But to say she will be all the things that have burdens. 

Is a bit narcissistic. 

The poor would still be poor and she will still be wealthy. 

If that song was removed. Honestly Madame X would have had better praise. That track really irked the critics alot. Saying she doesn't get it. 

Also she had #1 singles. If ur a Madonna fan . You know the most important chart is the dance club play chart for Madonna. 

50 #1's on a single official billboard chart..

Take that Mariah Carey 

I didn't like this album when I first heard it but after about listen 3 I became obsessed, it was my most listened to album of 2019 and I still listen to it every day. I can honestly say it's my favorite album of the decade.

Such a creative work of art, I'd dare to say it's in her top 5 best albums, maybe even top 3. I love pretty much every song, the only song I don't really care for about is I Don't Search I Find. Batuka, Killers Who Are Partying, Crave, Crazy... ugh some of her best and most creative music ever.

It even inspired me to learn Portuguese :) e já posso dizer muitas coisas, bem, já falo espanhol assim que é um pouco mais fácil :) 

Archived