What were the early 2000’s like?

Brunetteknee

I have very strong nostalgia for the 2000’s, now even more with all this sad stuff going on :juggingu: To be honest, it just seems like everything was better back then. Music, fashion, pop culture, and many more things that are not the same now. Change is a good thing of course, but back then things just seemed very cozy and nice. That’s the best way I can describe it. Maybe because I was a little baby back then so everything was good (‘02 baby).

I wish I could go back to 2002, but at the age I’m at now. Tuning into the TV, the radio, chart numbers and awards actually meaning something, exciting, real pop stars dominating the radio (and so many of them too), trl, boy bands, iconic vmas/award shows, etc etc. Britney being the absolute queen and Paris Hilton establishing her iconic-ness before Kim K could ever. 

Another thing is how there was not just an influx of pop stars, but every genre was releasing hit after hit. Music was really flourishing and everything sounded great. Pop was genuine, pure Max Martin goodness. You had tons of great hip hop/r&b, a bunch of rock/punk bands, and at the same time amazing experimental artists like Bjork going somewhat mainstream and girls like Avril breaking the mold. Even MJ was still releasing great music. All at the same time. Name another era where every genre was flourishing? Even Spanish influenced music like Shakiras got its shine. Think about it, can you really think of any modern songs that hold up to iconic 2000’s songs? The quality just isn’t there anymore.

Anyways, enough of my ranting. I love hearing people talk about that era because it sounds so fun. Being a Gen Z teenager kind of sucks. We just are going to have stories about experiencing a bunch of bad stuff. If you were growing up back then, seriously you are so lucky :mcry: please tell me about it!!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived