People from all across the world during this Pandemic, where are you from and how is your country dealing with this COVID-19?

Marcanthony

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m from the US. 

A lot of stores and gyms are completely closed, we have no toilet paper, churches aren’t meeting, and 24-hour grocery stores now have hours of operation. 

I’ve read that there’s a shortage of Covid-19 tests, but not really sure about that.

My brother-in-law is suspected of having it and is waiting on his test results.  So I’m housing my sister and entire family at my house while he’s quarantined at his house.

What about you?

I'm in Florida and we don't have it here so we are partying on the beaches for Spring Break and having fun!

Image result for florida spring break gif

In all honestly. This is deplorable. Im In So Cal and its not that bad here but we are taking it seriously. Im grateful since I work in law, I can work from home.

India, and I’m i live in the worst affected state. Complete lockdown till 31st for now. All shops empty, nobody out in the streets without masks and gloves, gatherings of more than 5 people are now illegal, all trains and buses banned. :snort: We’re running out of supplies, but our medical team is so active and developed so expecting everything to be over if the public would also cooperate. 

Many people from Dubai came here and kept that fact a secret and now statistics show that 70% Of affected people are from Dubai :katycry: A lot more could have been solved had they reported their case to the authorities, but they didn’t. 

I'm in Spain, specifically, Madrid, and omg here the conditions are terrible. They are using public spaces which before were used for expositions to put hospital beds on them. Half of the people still go to work for some reason when I think they should close everything for 2-3 weeks. I don't know exactly how many cases are there here in Spain, but I know that it is more than 30K as of now

43 minutes ago, Theo04t said:

I'm in Spain, specifically, Madrid, and omg here the conditions are terrible. They are using public spaces which before were used for expositions to put hospital beds on them. Half of the people still go to work for some reason when I think they should close everything for 2-3 weeks. I don't know exactly how many cases are there here in Spain, but I know that it is more than 30K as of now

That's really harsh. Spain has it hard for some reason.:tiffsniffle:

5 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

India, and I’m i live in the worst affected state. Complete lockdown till 31st for now. All shops empty, nobody out in the streets without masks and gloves, gatherings of more than 5 people are now illegal, all trains and buses banned. :snort: We’re running out of supplies, but our medical team is so active and developed so expecting everything to be over if the public would also cooperate. 

Many people from Dubai came here and kept that fact a secret and now statistics show that 70% Of affected people are from Dubai :katycry: A lot more could have been solved had they reported their case to the authorities, but they didn’t. 

I'm from India too. There are lot more cases than actually registered but just like in zombie apocalypse nobody wants to show their bite marks, similarly people are afraid to get their checkups:katycry:

5 hours ago, Born2Die said:

I'm in Florida and we don't have it here so we are partying on the beaches for Spring Break and having fun!

Image result for florida spring break gif

In all honestly. This is deplorable. Im In So Cal and its not that bad here but we are taking it seriously. Im grateful since I work in law, I can work from home.

Was that viral Spring break clip from Florida?

1 hour ago, Theo04t said:

We are at 40.000 now i think...

im from the north of spain (Asturias). Here it’s not as hard as in Madrid, but we can’t leave our houses and streets and shops are closed. Hope it will be over for the summer...

CA here and people are going to get a rude awakening when they actually force people to stay inside. I unfortunately work in an “essential business” so I’m constantly appalled at how many people are still out and about :pika: these b****es are being asked to stay inside and chill for a bit yet they’re acting like they’re being sent to concentration camps :rupaulslap:

I'm from Chile and the situation is getting serious, the government just confirmed 950 cases in here and 2 deaths.

People are not taking it seriously and some are still gathering to hang out or to party which I think is very dangerous.

We've been in voluntary quarantine for 1 week. Hope everything is good with all of you guys.

Stay safe:disappointed:

I'm from Germany and I think we are dealing 'okay' if there is anything like 'okay' at all. I'm super glad we have a sensible government and good health-care system helping the weakest amongst us so that - until now - we reduce the numbers of people dying from Covid-19.

This week and the next one, German people are not allowed to meet in groups larger than two and only necessary shops are open.

Hope you are all doing fine and your friends and families are safe!

I'm from Scotland, the prime minister of the UK released a speech last night saying that we will be in a lock-down for 21 days! We're not allowed to hang out with more than one person! Only allowed to leave the house for work, shopping and we can only exercise outside once per day! Scary stuff :decisions: Most places are closed. Starbucks, Mcdonald's, Cinemas, Gyms you name it! :decisions:

I study Fashion design, and my course has been put on hold since the institution I study at is shut. My lecturer wants to group facetime the class to see how we're working on at home, which I don't understand because not everyone has access to a sewing machine, fabric stores are closed also. :imok:

It's an uncertain and worrying time for everyone. The place I work part-time at have taken all my shifts off of me, so I have a job interview on Thursday as a care practitioner! Helping elderly and vulnerable people. :mhm:

I've been watching project runway all day, I did a home work out on youtube this morning and my legs are sore! I think if Britney doesn't want to do music she should post at-home workouts on youtube or insta TV. :duadance:

7 minutes ago, BradAdamson said:

I’m in the UK and we’re in lockdown for three weeks. Idiots are still panic buying and stockpiling so normal people like me are left with nothing when we try to buy necessities 

PREACH! I hate people that panic-buy!!! Most stores are limiting to 3 of the same item per customer. I got into trouble at Aldi because I was standing too close to the person in front of me at the checkout :imok:

I'm in Mexico, at the border with California. The border was already closed, only American citizens can enter the US, but for some reason they can still come in, despite being more confirmed cases in California than here in my state (which already add up to 11 so it's a matter of time before it explodes).

In general, the president has been acting like a fool, saying he's protecting against the virus with lucky charms, or his spokeman saying the president is a "moral force, not a contagion force" because the president keeps touring the country, greeting everyone and recommending people to keep gathering in public places and not to be depressed.

Schools already stopped activities across the country, until April 20th or something, but most of the measures that the companies and markets and such are taking, like closing, or having extra hygiene precautions, was up to them, because the government hasn't declared the quarantine yet. It's like they're just waiting for everybody to start dying to take action, and so is a lot of people, who keep vacationing at the beach and such. People with informal jobs refuse to stop going out to work (despite not being anyone out there to buy their stuff or services). They don't seem to realize that we're in a situation of crisis and that it's obvious that the economy is gonna get affected. But in order to see what we're gonna do to have something to eat, we have to be alive and healthy in the first place. There's no economy if there's no people.

I work for an American company in here, today is my last day at job, and according to my boss we're gonna work from home for "a month and a half or two". I still don't understand why he made us go yesterday and today when most companies that closed had their last day past Friday, but anyways...

We're really not ready for what is ahead of us. Without pandemics, the hospitals are already a chaos across the country. There's never enough medicines or beds for the normal number of patients, let alone when the COVID cases spike all at once because people didn't stay at home. :icant2: We're looking at Spain and Italy, and we're not doing anything. If we go by the numbers of cases, we're just days away from reaching the thousands of affected people, and if those countries being so much more developed and advanced than us can't control the situation, what's gonna be our fate? :idkney:

2 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I'm in the US (Vegas), and, well... it feels like a MESS. Trump is contemplating promoting the idea of venturing back into public places again which will kill countless. GET HIM OUT OF HERE PLZ SOMEONE

US and Mexico's presidents it's like they both came out of the same box or something :embarrassney: How did we end up in this situation?

Archived