Jump to content

What was the original Britney album tracklist?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Alex_1991 said:

1) I Run away has nothing to do with Crossroads. 

2) She said "every song except two" for In The Zone. 

3) She never, ever spoke in public about baby can't you see. 

4) She stated that Cinderella was her favourite song. 

I don't think they had a totally different tracklkst ready. They had this idea of the two different records and they were going in that direction, but they changed their mind like midway, before slave and boys were recorded and before the "Shock Your Mind" title. 

Mad Love, Sinner, Intimidated were probably part of the original body of work. 

 

I Run Away was first mentioned to me by a trader who claimed he had an early version of the song which was originally part of the soundtrack and since he also sent me snippets of songs by other artists like Kylie which haven't leaked to this day I chose to believe him. Again she did mention plenty of times how at that point the album was almost entirely written by her

Quote

She also mentioned that the first song she recorded with the Neptunes was a ballad and since Baby Can't You See was the first out of the four songs to be registered I just assumed it was the one

Quote

"So I went in the studio with Pharrell and Chad, and they are the funniest guys in the whole world to work with. Such really funny guys and we actually recorded a ballad first, a beautiful folk song that didn’t make the album. It’ll probably go on the next album."

https://web.archive.org/web/20120609185005/https://www.hiponline.com/3271/britney-spears-interview-2001.html

I can't find the exact source right now, it might have been an MTV News article but I clearly remember her saying that her favourite song off the album was What It's Like to Be Me

And was Shock Your Mind ever confirmed as a title? Every time they mentioned the record they referred to it as the "yet untitled third studio album"

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just responded to your own question 

Just a shame She'll Never Be Me never got officially released, it's so good. I remember having it ripped on my compilation CD back in the days.  

Receipts? Hehe. I don't think Jive - who was definitely not a slacker and a flop during peak Britney - would allow for a song to be included on the album if it was unfinished. Moreover, BTG is no

4 hours ago, Freudian said:

She'll Never Be Me & What Is Like To Be Me (with JT's backvocals) at the same album? I thought the first one is to addresing JT & his next gf (Cameron Diaz or someone else). Is it even chronogicially possible? 

Justin wrote on She'll Never Be Me, you know that right ? It's just a coincidence :mcorangu:

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Deactivated
11 hours ago, Louis_j said:

Just a shame She'll Never Be Me never got officially released, it's so good.

I remember having it ripped on my compilation CD back in the days.  :)

same, along with Intimidated 

Link to post
  • Twitter Team
12 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Rumour goes that when I'm a Slave 4 U was first released a radio station received a promo CD with a snippet of Turn on the Night as a B-Side, then the radio station held a contest for it and the winner posted the lyrics online

Mind you this all happened in 2001 when everyone would be quick to believe what they just read on a forum without hesitation

The lyrics themselves are mostly nonsensical and badly put together

 

Hmm those lyrics almost seem fanmade haha, especially because of the BOMT/YDMC references but then again Britney referenced BOTH of those songs in the chorus of Inside Out. So anything is possible :tbh: 

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 10 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 6:22 PM, Isla said:

Hmm those lyrics almost seem fanmade haha, especially because of the BOMT/YDMC references but then again Britney referenced BOTH of those songs in the chorus of Inside Out. So anything is possible :tbh: 

Yeah, but she made those references in 2011, 13 years into her career, when she had already proven to be a stable factor. If she would've made those references in her song in 2001, 3 years into her career and only having released two albums, powerful and successful as they be, it would be received as corny at best, arrogant at worst.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Twitter Team
4 hours ago, BabyGirl | AALIYAH said:

Yeah, but she made those references in 2011, 13 years into her career, when she had already proven to be a stable factor. If she would've made those references in her song in 2001, 3 years into her career and only having released two albums, powerful and successful as they be, it would be received as corny at best, arrogant at worst.

You really replying to this 10 months later huh? :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

Link to post
On 3/24/2020 at 12:15 AM, Alex_1991 said:

1) I Run away has nothing to do with Crossroads. 

2) She said "every song except two" for In The Zone. 

3) She never, ever spoke in public about baby can't you see. 

4) She stated that Cinderella was her favourite song. 

I don't think they had a totally different tracklkst ready. They had this idea of the two different records and they were going in that direction, but they changed their mind like midway, before slave and boys were recorded and before the "Shock Your Mind" title. 

Mad Love, Sinner, Intimidated were probably part of the original body of work. 

 

Leave me alone with bringing up Shock your Mind 🤣...I was like 13 and came up with lyrics to that supposed song. Preview below! 
 

“Shock your mind like lightning. Shock your mind like thunder baby. Shock your mind like Lightning. All Night long!” 
 

💀💀💀

  • Love 1
Link to post
7 hours ago, BabyGirl | AALIYAH said:

Yeah, but she made those references in 2011, 13 years into her career, when she had already proven to be a stable factor. If she would've made those references in her song in 2001, 3 years into her career and only having released two albums, powerful and successful as they be, it would be received as corny at best, arrogant at worst.

You mean...like how she references BOMT lyrics in Stronger?

Link to post
  • Twitter Team
26 minutes ago, BabyGirl | AALIYAH said:

Yeah I'm not 24/7 on Exhale and was just looking for info on the origins of her albums, such as this...

No no it's fine haha. We're just not used to seeing bumps of old threads on here.

  • Love 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block