criminal flopped?????

conceptuel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've shared this before, but I'll tell it again anyways :miley:

I once had a dream that I was listening to Criminal on the radio while I was waiting for my mom in the car, but this was even before IWG was confirmed as the third single. I woke up and thought that not in a million years Criminal would become a single. Flash forward a few more months, and I was waiting for the premiere of the video.

Truth is, I voted for Inside Out, but the only true deserving song was Trip to Your Heart, which ended up in 2nd place when IWG won as single 3. That second poll was rigged, why wasn't TTYH an option?  :lessons:

On 3/23/2020 at 7:58 PM, Isla said:

Was it definitely released on RCA? I’ve always been confused over that, Jive didn’t officially shut down until October 2011, a month after the song was released as a single.

I don’t think the video and the controversy over it helped the song either tbh. It’s a shame cause I think Criminal stood a good chance at becoming a bigger hit. It showed a different side of Britney to the public and it still sounded radio friendly. 

And yes, I’ll always be forever PISSED Britney never performed this song.

I think the single itself was released under RCA, but Jive released the Criminal (Remixes) EP d8yviu2-9188576c-5d66-458b-aa17-d205b66f

https://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Criminal-Remixes/master/480486

10 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Not really the last one was Work *********

I don't know about radio, or sales, but in Telehit they would play IWG, S&S, OLL and WB, like a lot. SP was kinda played but definitely not as much as those other videos. IWG was literally still played in 2013 when she had already released WB. And WB was even played on Ritmoson during a time they had basically stopped playing music in English. So, yeah, I think WB could been named the last hit.

It's funny, because out of those videos, I think S&S was the only one I ever got to see on VH1, which I think panders more to Argentina, and those countries from South America rather than Mexico. But in exchange, Criminal and Perfume slayed the Top 20 for weeks. I think I only saw Criminal once on Telehit. I never saw Work ***** on VH1, which is so weird. It's like they literally snubbed it.

PG and MM, I only saw them a couple of times on MTV, the least channel I expected to play those. MTV had a different version for PG with less flashing scenes at the beginning.

19 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know about radio, or sales, but in Telehit they would play IWG, S&S, OLL and WB, like a lot. SP was kinda played but definitely not as much as those other videos. IWG was literally still played in 2013 when she had already released WB. And WB was even played on Ritmoson during a time they had basically stopped playing music in English. So, yeah, I think WB could been named the last hit.

It's funny, because out of those videos, I think S&S was the only one I ever got to see on VH1, which I think panders more to Argentina, and those countries from South America rather than Mexico. But in exchange, Criminal and Perfume slayed the Top 20 for weeks. I think I only saw Criminal once on Telehit. I never saw Work ********* on VH1, which is so weird. It's like they literally snubbed it.

PG and MM, I only saw them a couple of times on MTV, the least channel I expected to play those. MTV had a different version for PG with less flashing scenes at the beginning.

On radio I heared IWG, S&S and WB a lot too. I remember too seeing WB on Ritmoson, kinda shocked me.

But i'm pretty sure that I saw many, many times Criminal on Telehit, especially fridays and i'm telling you about 2014/2015.

The Video probably did a lot more damage in the states. The radio support wasn't there. 

But Like I said. Britney basically was criticized and harshly ripped apart by the media for the video..

It recieved very minimal airplay in the states. 

But Like i said. Ironically The video for we found love by Rihanna was also very controversial but somehow praised. 

It boils down britney is a mother and needs to set an example. 

Notice how she changed and said Work B was gonna be more ******** charged in the original Treatment. But as a mother. I can't be to ****. So obviously the treatment that she was given basically got to her as usual.

When she's always reminded she's a mother. She tends to not be so controversial. I see why they changed make me. She would have been ripped apart and **** shamed for the **** **** visual. 

Archived