When will Britney have her "The Power of Good-Bye"?

DignifiedLove

Such a gorgeous song wtf madonna really did ******* snap with this era/album. SO ethereal and arguably her greatest work. This is the direction Britney should head towards if she wants to be taken as a SERIOUS singer-songwriter but instead we get chipmunk vocals of her singing about one-night stands and slumber parties at her LARGE age. Madonna queen of folktronica omg WHEN WILL THE OTHER GIRLS? 0nxor7mufjym.gif  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Kinda sounds like a mixture of Perfume and Don't Cry :idkney:

Never seen that video before, but for some reason makes me feel a lot of nostalgia. It's so strange to see Madonna like that. She's so different now. And she was so different in the 2000's. And in the 2010's. 

She's truly a legend :tiffhair:

perfume and don't cry cannot compete where they don't compare sis but yes omg hearing the entire ray of light album makes me SOO nostalgic for the late 90s and gives me this yearning for something that's so hard to explain. literally her power. she was truly brilliant. :katycry:

6 minutes ago, rik said:

she had it already so early in her career i think... and imo it's even better than power of goodbye

LMAO not even. i mean everytime is a great song, don't get me wrong, but madonna's rol era singles stomp all over this. :byetina:

OT: the poor mastering and crap vocal layering kinda ruin the studio version of everytime for me. whoever chopped and ****ed with her vocals should be fined for destroying what could have been one of her best songs. :crying3:still a great song but i prefer the rawness and  vulnerability of the SNL live version. 

44 minutes ago, rik said:

ray of light is one of the only albums i've ever listened to in full. i've even watched the making of ray of light. I think it's an incredible album, and in ways so spiritually present. she will never be able to release this kind of music again, both her and william orbit have kind of lost their spark imo. not to say she doesn't have some objectively good tracks, imo God Control is an excellent track and very creative. i just think the entire album (ok the five songs i heard from the Madame X) didn't have to have this weird mumble effect on her vocals you know?

she's so humbled and into the process. 

on that front, i would much rather have britney record something akin to Have Not to Hold instead.

also the landscape of music right now is practically dead when it comes to originality and oversaturated with a lot of garbage unlike in the 90s. i can name you a couple good releases from last year and so forth (lana's NFR is one that comes to mind) but i feel like we won't see another renaissance in music like how we saw from 1995 up until around 2004. 

but yes -- ROL is truly an experience and one of the greatest albums ever, have had it on repeat for the last few days and it's been helping me get through these uncertain times. i wish britney had it in her to release something this enlightening  but all we got was broccoli juice. :katycry:

33 minutes ago, rik said:

i uderstand what you mean but at the same time, the production and use of middle eastern woodwinds pitched and played backwards, with the indian tabla (comparable to a drum?) accompanying the piano is gorgeous. 

here's the instrument the way it was intended before they flipped it backwards.

i think her voice sounds so angelic, particularly at the bridge. the hoooo-HOoooOOOo hoo (in the regular version lmao not the backwards version)

i agree, the instrumental is gorgeous with a lot of abstract detail and i like her voice at some parts of the song but i think the vocal layering could have used some extra work. at some parts, it literally sounds like she's singing into a jar which irks me. :katycry:

OK, but the appreciation for one of Madonna's all-time best songs? We love to see it! :carpoolney:

I feel like the closest she's ever gotten to Ray Of Light is "Shadow". At least, sonically. I always thought that it sounded a bit similar to "Frozen" (BTW, stream both these masterpieces).

Ray Of Light is one of my favourite albums of all time. It had the perfect blend of spirituality, beautiful electronica ballads, atmospheric / mysterious songs and seductive dance bangers. Let's not forget that it also introduced electronica / electronic music to the mainstream! Madonna's best album and one of my favourite albums of all time, by a long shot.

Considering the fact that Britney Jean was marketed as Brit's ROL (even though that's not what it turned out to be, AT ALL :jj:) and "Hold On Tight" was one of the first songs recorded for that album (which did sound like a much more poppy ROL song), I think that, without will.u.not's involvement, we could've actually gotten that. Such a shame that the one.who.shall.not.be.named got involved and turned it into a Myah-infested EDM mess. :nochillbrit:

• 4 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 8:54 AM, YoungOne said:

some gays have terrible music taste.

:surething:

Madonna’s top Album will always be confessions.

Not you saying this so proudly with your chest by trying to shame ‘gays’ when confessions is literally known for being madonna’s most flamboyant album :deadbanana: 
ahh never change exhale :deadbanana: 

Archived