Actress Evangeline Lilly isn't adhering to social distancing: “Some people value freedom over their lives”

Jordan Miller

• Leader

:fakewow: She can't be serious.

Actress Evangeline Lilly refuses to self-quarantine amidst the Coronavirus outbreak because she thinks it's being blown out of proportion. She believes it's more of a conspiracy by the government because there's an election around the corner. 

“Some people value freedom over their lives,” she said, adding that people are overreacting over a respiratory flu. I-

When I read things like this, I instantly get infuriated, but it's important to remember people are allowed to have their own views - even if it means hurting others. It's the way of the world. 

Someone enlighten her please. Genuinely asking... does she have a point? 

ETffQqPXYAAAkH4?format=jpg&name=largeETffQuDWoAkwqm9?format=jpg&name=largeETffQu6WoAMZEOl?format=jpg&name=large

evangeline-lilly.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well what she doesn't understand is that "Some people value freedom over their lives" actually means in this case that "some people value freedom over other people's lives". which is INSANE right now. 

And I hate how she tries to sound smart and thoughtfull when she clearly doesn't get how bad it is.

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

:fakewow: She can't be serious.

Actress Evangeline Lilly refuses to self-quarantine amidst the Coronavirus outbreak because she thinks it's being blown out of proportion. She believes it's more of a conspiracy by the government because there's an election around the corner. 

“Some people value freedom over their lives,” she said, adding that people are overreacting over a respiratory flu. I-

When I read things like this, I instantly get infuriated, but it's important to remember people are allowed to have their own views - even if it means hurting others. It's the way of the world. 

Someone enlighten her please. Genuinely asking... does she have a point? 

ETffQqPXYAAAkH4?format=jpg&name=largeETffQuDWoAkwqm9?format=jpg&name=largeETffQu6WoAMZEOl?format=jpg&name=large

evangeline-lilly.jpg

This stupid piece of **** won't get hurt by the virus. The problem is that she will get it and then transmit it to other people who can die because of it (old age or immunodeficiency). 

• Leader
1 hour ago, Cheshire said:

well what she doesn't understand is that "Some people value freedom over their lives" actually means in this case that "some people value freedom over other people's lives". which is INSANE right now. 

And I hate how she tries to sound smart and thoughtfull when she clearly doesn't get how bad it is.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

You people freaking out - do you realize there is a potential for COVID-19 to become a seasonal virus that is on rotation like other coronaviruses that cause colds?  I mean, stop crucifying people who aren't as afraid as you are.  

It’s selfish as hell. It’s not like these people can just be reckless and it only affects them. It affects EVERYONE. It affects all of those people with underlying illnesses and who are older. COVID is 2 times as contagious as the flu and many, many times more deadly. If you want to be selfish and not stress about it, good for you, but realize you’re making things worse for everyone else and for people who’s lives will literally be at risk. 

3 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

It’s selfish as hell. It’s not like these people can just be reckless and it only affects them. It affects EVERYONE. It affects all of those people with underlying illnesses and who are older. COVID is 2 times as contagious as the flu and many, many times more deadly. If you want to be selfish and not stress about it, good for you, but realize you’re making things worse for everyone else and for people who’s lives will literally be at risk. 

I am telling you that this virus has the potential to be reoccurring in society thus meaning we will have to live like this again.  So you want to go through this cycle EVERY year of closing public spaces?  Americans have rights and as much as communist sympathizers want to take those away, it is still protected for us to be able to leave our homes. 

1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

I am telling you that this virus has the potential to be reoccurring in society thus meaning we will have to live like this again.  So you want to go through this cycle EVERY year of closing public spaces?  Americans have rights and as much as communist sympathizers want to take those away, it is still protected for us to be able to leave our homes. 

I would agree if it was certain that this corona thing was seasonal (or a reoccuring disease) because we can't live in quarantine forever, but we must be careful this time.what if it's something that we can get rid of if we take precautions and stay home and if people who don't take it seriously are causing other people's deaths?(which really happens.) isn't it extremely selfish and cruel even if one person dies because of somebody else's carelessness?

1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

You people freaking out - do you realize there is a potential for COVID-19 to become a seasonal virus that is on rotation like other coronaviruses that cause colds?  I mean, stop crucifying people who aren't as afraid as you are.  

I agree, I mean all the statistics showing that its a LOT more deadly should just be ignored until it becomes seasonal, right? :blol:

View the below videos on your own risk. Its not for the faint hearted, but rather shared in a hope for the blind to see how serious this is. #Staythefckhome 

2 minutes ago, Marlean said:

I agree, I mean all the statistics showing that its a LOT more deadly should just be ignored until it becomes seasonal, right? :blol:

View the below videos on your own risk. Its not for the faint hearted, but rather shared in a hope for the blind to see how serious this is. #Staythefckhome 

I agree - that's why I am so concerned about this trend of shaming people to stay home.  Let's look at Mono which is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus - it is common in society and young people don't know they have it most times but it will possibly KILL an elderly person if they come into contact with it.  See - population immunity comes from population-wide exposure.  So, if this virus is really going to become reoccurring then we are just delaying the inevitable.  I really hope it IS NOT reoccurring but who knows?  Also, scientists have found there are strains of the virus, one more deadly than the other.  Let's hope the deadlier strain is NOT reoccurring.  

8 hours ago, jordeezy said:

And? Once there is a vaccine like the flu shot to take care of it so people won't die it will be fine. Until then this is very dangerous to many.

Archived