Celebrities sing "Imagine": “We are in this together, we will get through it together.”

Jordan Miller

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rik said:

isn't gal gaddot a former member of the israeli army which shoots at Palestinian children lmao.. how can you advocate for world peace and unity while killing people? I feel uncomfortable with this video regardless of that though. it's unsettling and awkward for some reason lolity?

You make it seem horrific (war is, of course, but I'm talking about Gal's situation in the army) and it isn't quite like that.
https://www.thelist.com/164323/heres-what-gal-gadot-really-did-in-the-israeli-army/

• Super Mods

How about donating some of your millions to further fund research and resources to control this pandemic? :gerlwat:

I’m so over these celebrities acting like they care when it’s only for good PR. LVMH is using their perfume houses to make hand sanitizer and their not taking any profits, they’re just genuinely concerned about the rising spread of the virus. Isn’t that why all of us are choosing to self quarantine? 

On 3/19/2020 at 4:28 PM, rik said:

but regardless of her position, she's still contributing to the overarching cause, indirectly or directly. Honestly, I've had so many debates about the conflict with my sister's boyfriend (his family is from Israel) and I don't think that people supporting Israel are bad people, it's just a matter of what has been indoctrinated via IDF. 

While I would never generalize all Israelis as territorial war mongers, I do think there's a huge nationalist propoganda thing vis a vis IDF brainwashing, which has made citizens, like Gal, and pan-Jewish identities external to the region believe that the (much larger and state-funded) army is doing something good. Like, it is NUTS that people think that not supporting IDF automatically makes you anti Semitic. There is a huge distinction, and I know a lot of Jewish people who disagree with the army's war against Palestine. 

It really is just contributing to war and creating further destruction, and will likely prompt even greater retaliation from Palestinian rebels. My prompt is this: Israel has a much much larger army, has international support whether its from defence forces or through their economic ventures worldwide (even soda streams i believe are from Israel and thereby support their economy). Their army will continue to grow and grow, while Palestine's territorial bounds will continue to be denied the right to exist (amidst both territories having a problem with the UN's split of the geographic location of both states in the 60s AFTER already being treated as separate nations by the Ottoman empire  and British colonialists). 

......................Yes. But going back to GAL... Getting in the army is compulsory. She did not choose to. That was my point. So this is bigger than her, so no need to slam her like that. She is definitely a sweet woman, she wasn't nor won't be shooting kids anytime soon.

Archived