The Eurovision Song Contest 2020 got cancelled

Sinned_88

21 minutes ago, Isla said:

Dd the last time we won! Remember when we got nil points in 2003?

I don't remember a lot of UK entries but I remember this one

Not really a sound you would associate with the UK but it's a fun song :bop:

Also I'm surprised that the UK isn't doing well in Eurovision considering it's big music industry and history. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, IUSAtonight said:

I don't remember a lot of UK entries but I remember this one

Not really a sound you would associate with the UK but it's a fun song :bop:

Also I'm surprised that the UK isn't doing well in Eurovision considerin it's big music industry and history. 

Javine!!! Who *almost* made it into Girls Aloud and then had a solo career for a hot minute. I read apparently Kanye West is in this video? Also I can't help but feel this song was an attempt at her Crazy In Love moment.

As for why we do so badly in Eurovision, people blame it on Brexit but we were doing badly even before we held the referendum. Ever since 2003, with the exception of 2009, we haven't done very well at all. I just think we tend to enter the wrong types of acts/songs. Our entry this year was meant to be a boring ballad. Maybe if we entered an established act with a bop we would do better?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Isla said:

Javine!!! Who *almost* made it into Girls Aloud and then had a solo career for a hot minute. I read apparently Kanye West is in this video? Also I can't help but feel this song was an attempt at her Crazy In Love moment.

As for why we do so badly in Eurovision, people blame it on Brexit but we were doing badly even before we held the referendum. Ever since 2003, with the exception of 2009, we haven't done very well at all. I just think we tend to enter the wrong types of acts/songs. Our entry this year was meant to be a boring ballad. Maybe if we entered an established act with a bop we would do better?

Y'all should send Dua Lipa 🙇‍♂️

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Isla said:

Maybe but would a young established artist take the risk of humiliating themselves by coming 5th from the bottom? Can you imagine, for example, Ellie Goulding or Dua Lipa getting 10 points? That would be the end of their career. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

Maybe but would a young established artist take the risk of humiliating themselves by coming 5th from the bottom? Can you imagine, for example, Ellie Goulding or Dua Lipa getting 10 points? That would be the end of their career. 

Yeah that is a good point, but I think part of the problem is we enter acts no one has really heard about or is yet to make a proper connection with music wise. The other countries I think enter well known acts in their nation at least. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah that is a good point, but I think part of the problem is we enter acts no one has really heard about or is yet to make a proper connection with music wise. The other countries I think enter well known acts in their nation at least. 

Well, yeah. if even you guys haven't heard of the artist, it's a bit strange. I believe you're right, that we usually send someone who's known to some degree. People from other countries don't know them though, so it doesn't really help with the song's popularity. Maybe it would help with their stage presence and comfidence, if the artist is a bit experienced. 

Or maybe Europe just don't want to see the UK win again :raven:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

Well, yeah. if even you guys haven't heard of the artist, it's a bit strange. I believe you're right, that we usually send someone who's known to some degree. People from other countries don't know them though, so it doesn't really help with the song's popularity. Maybe it would help with their stage presence and comfidence, if the artist is a bit experienced. 

Or maybe Europe just don't want to see the UK win again :raven:

Yeah exactly. But yeah, I also get the feeling the rest of Europe don't want us to win :orangu: unless we get a BANGER or something. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block