The Eurovision Song Contest 2020 got cancelled

Sinned_88

The Eurovision Song Contest, which was supposed to take place in Rotterdam, the Netherlands on May 12th, 14th (semi-finals) and 16th (final) got cancelled. 

I'll let you guys guess what the reason for the cancellation is. :ohi:

This was the first time in over 40 years that the Netherlands got to host the ESC. Can we cancel 2020 altogether? :trash:

They will postpone it till next year. :byebitch:

eurovision-cancelled.jpg

6 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

Is anyone surprised? :whatitellu:

I hope they'll keep the same songs for next year though. I would hate to be a new artist, who would participate and then got replaced

I don't know tho. In that case, they'll have an entire year to promote their entry. Who is your fave? :duadance:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

I don't know tho. In that case, they'll have an entire year to promote their entry. Who is your fave? :duadance:

I don't really follow Eurovision. I've heard maybe 3 of this year's songs and I didn't like any. :gagasmile:

Were there any decent bops for this year? Usually, I'll hear a few of the entries on the radio but most of the songs are extremely forgetable. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

I don't really follow Eurovision. I've heard maybe 3 of this year's songs and I didn't like any. :gagasmile:

Were there any decent bops for this year? Usually, I'll hear a few of the entries on the radio but most of the songs are extremely forgetable. 

I haven't found a song that I like either. #1 with the bookmakers is Bulgaria's entry, which imo jumped on the Billie Eilish hype. :ipass:

Still better than Iceland tho, which was #1 before Bulgaria. :decisions:

Let's not speak of the mess that is Russia's entry. :joanne:

This could've been the Netherlands' second win in a row. :crying1:

27 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

I haven't found a song that I like either. #1 with the bookmakers is Bulgaria's entry, which imo jumped on the Billie Eilish hype. :ipass:

Lol. I listened to this and I couldn't believe people were saying she wasn't copying Billie. From the sound to the aesthetic.... 

I mean it's cute but cmon :frenchy:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

HORRIBLE live vocals and hated their cocky approach. 

I love the fact that this year's song is showing the middle finger to all the cliche things and it's just fun 🤷🏽‍♂️

One of them had a cold, so they wanted to lipsync :shadelaugh: EBU was fed up with them, they were almost disqualified.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

One of them had a cold, so they wanted to lipsync :shadelaugh: EBU was fed up with them, they were almost disqualified.

That's what I am saying. Don't get me wrong, they really had major hits but they weren't the right fit, still, 3rd place... good for them :)

But I like Iceland, Bulgaria, Russia, but most of all Switzerland this year :)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Isla said:

Dd the last time we won! Remember when we got nil points in 2003?

Omg, yes, I remember this trainwreck! But I feel like y'all get nil points every year since 2000 :mhmnod:

I genuinly liked Bonnie Tyler's entry

Blue wasn't bad either

Duncan can get it any day :thirsty:

• Like 3