Tove Lo - "I'm Coming"

• Leader

Tove Lo's new song "I'm Coming" is out.

It's titled "I'm Coming." :riha:

It's got some of Tove's signature sounds, like the "ooh oohs," a pulsating beat, electro-tinged production and an infectious chorus. 

Any Tove Lo stans here on Exhale? 

Listen here: https://open.spotify.com/track/4C6EPWGYM3K3IIv4xzPL2X?si=ws9TF6pCQU-40mMpItnt3A

What do you guys think? :katycream:

tove-lo-im-coming.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I really want to be excited for this and I know music brings people together and thats really what we need right now. But something just feels wrong about music or movies being released and promoted right now....I feel like even though we're all in lock down, life itself is on lock down too, you know what I mean? Like for the first time in my life celebrities don't feel like 'celebrities' they're just like us and are in the same boat. I just can't wait for this to all be over so I can get excited for normal stuff again. 🙈

• Leader
9 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

I really want to be excited for this and I know music brings people together and thats really what we need right now. But something just feels wrong about music or movies being released and promoted right now....I feel like even though we're all in lock down, life itself is on lock down too, you know what I mean? Like for the first time in my life celebrities don't feel like 'celebrities' they're just like us and are in the same boat. I just can't wait for this to all be over so I can get excited for normal stuff again. 🙈

I think the opposite. Music can heal 🙏 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

"Sunshine Kitty" is just an amazing album (even though, surprisingly, it's average loved among her fan-base) ... I find the album a masterpiece. I kinda started stanning her few months ago

She was releasing a music video basically every two weeks from that album .... and it felt like she was only caring about giving them to her fans and was not thirsty for success which i adore

Bikini **** is a pure jam and a bit sad she didn't promote it / didn't get the success it deserves

So Yeah can't wait to hear more

• Like 3
On 3/18/2020 at 7:14 PM, bitbitboi said:

His sound is always beautiful but I wish she would take a cold shower because every time she's getting more and more sleazy, and that turns me off.

Well, you're in for a positive surprise, because the song is not dirty / sleazy at all! In fact, I also was expecting that at first... :yesokay:

I noticed that a person on r/PopHeads compared it to Robyn's "Dancing On My Own", and, if you think about it, they're right, it is pretty similar. Both have a beautiful, shimmering synth-pop sound.

• Like 1

I heard "I'm Coming". It sounds BEAUTIFUL, as usual, I'm not surprised. But the lyrics? It's about ***. Again. Just read the title.

"Cause I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming
I am almost there
(...) The taxi, the hallway, the elevator, staircase"

Oh and yeah, the music is basically a remix of Robyn's "Dancing On My Own". Which is great news honestly.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:37 PM, AndyFoster said:

OK that was deep.

• Like 1

I like it, but I'm not surprised. Tove Lo can't make a bad song. It'll probably grow on me too. I usually like but am not too crazy about her songs at first, and then I slowly become obsessed with them. I like how she sampled the oh's from Habits and referenced Queen of the Clouds. It's like an homage to her older music.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:37 PM, AndyFoster said:

I have a song coming out next week that's actually about the U.S. election and I don't know when/if it'll get really (lyrically) dated, haha, so I have to disagree. I know most artists aren't in that boat, but they're helping to entertain people, make people happier, or bring people catharsis, and that's all good. Why delay the entertainment? People want that even more right now.

Also, people who can still work safely should probably do so, haha. People gotta keep thinking short AND long term and not let their careers (or dreams) slip away if they can help it. The music biz is tough, as you know.

I think tone is more important. When I read, "I'm coming" I was suspicious but seeing now that's the title of the song (not just some marketing image) something she probably wrote before all this, it's probably fine.

As for releasing movies, unless it's straight to streaming it's probably just a bad business idea waiting to flop. That'd be a different thing.

• Leader
6 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Also, one more thing I forgot to mention. The beginning features some vocals which sound very similar to those at the beginning of "Habits (Stay High)". A sample, perhaps?

Yea I think she is trying to establish a signature sound, like Michael Jackson and his high pitch note, or Beyonce shriek, Kim Petras' wooh-ah, Ariana's yuh etc

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Yea I think she is trying to establish a signature sound, like Michael Jackson and his high pitch note, or Beyonce shriek, Kim Petras' wooh-ah, Ariana's yuh etc

Well, maybe it was just supposed to be a nod to "Habits", but I don't think she's trying to establish a signature sound like you said. After all, if we look at your examples, all of the artists have been pretty consistent with their sound: "woo-ah!" appears in almost every Kim Petras song, "yuh" is also commonplace for Ariana songs from Sweetener onwards, etc. It's a cool theory, though! :mhm:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block