Vanessa Hudgens on Coronavirus: “Yeah people are gonna die...which is terrible..but inevitable?”

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Vanessa, sweetie, put your phone down.

Hudgens says she "gets" and "respects" the Coronavirus, and doesn't believe things will be shut down until July.

“It's a virus. I get it, like... I respect it. Even if everybody gets it... like yeah, people are gonna die... which is terrible, but like inevitable?,” she said in an Instagram live chat.

While she's been away from the spotlight, she must have received a degree studying the humanoid immune system. Queen. :gagasmile: 

She posted a response saying her words were taken out of context. I'm not sure how they were taken out of context though. Can someone explain what she means? Is there another way to interpret what she said?

Maybe she was just hanging out with Selena Gomez? 

Exhale, how do we feel about this. 

vanessa-hudgens-coronavirus.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is literally a prime example of PRIVILEGE! She doesn’t have to think about what it would be like to get the disease because she has all the money in the world from her D-List career to pay for her and her loved ones if they get sick. Yet, think about all the people who are positioned on the opposite end of society? Good luck coming back from this one, Sweetie.  

4 minutes ago, jakealbright said:

This is literally a prime example of PRIVILEGE! She doesn’t have to think about what it would be like to get the disease because she has all the money in the world from her D-List career to pay for her and her loved ones if they get sick. Yet, think about all the people who are positioned on the opposite end of society? Good luck coming back from this one, Sweetie.  

people get offended by anything nowadays i swear 

I'm not mad at the things she said. I just find it problematic. There are opinions you just 👏🏻 don't 👏🏻 say 👏🏻 in 👏🏻 public 👏🏻. That was more my concern. Like, girl don't say that outloud you're on Instagram live. If i was there beside her I would've given her a nudge to prevent her from getting into trouble.

cat pokemon GIF

I’m not scared of the actual virus more so the effects of it on society. With restaurants and bars closing I’ve lost my job and don’t know what I will do moving forward I’ve been a bartender/server for almost 10 years now. Businesses will be shutting down and we will go into a recession which scares me wayyy more than this virus. 

24 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

LOL, "taken out of context"! Give me a break... :inbed: Is that why Vanessa herself said "maybe I shouldn't be doing this right now" in the original IG live?! :gagasmile: Keep digging your hole deeper, Miss Taken-Out-Of-Context. :tiffdrink:

Seems like the SJW mentality has also invaded this site.... Millions of people feel the same way as Vanessa, does that mean we should ban them from the face of the earth? Just because she's a public figure, privileged or whatever, does that mean she shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion? 

40 minutes ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I’m not scared of the actual virus more so the effects of it on society. With restaurants and bars closing I’ve lost my job and don’t know what I will do moving forward I’ve been a bartender/server for almost 10 years now. Businesses will be shutting down and we will go into a recession which scares me wayyy more than this virus. 

Sorry this is happening to you (and many others)! There's no easy way to maneuver this situation. I hope that the various governments can help citizens lessen their debt in whichever way they deem appropriate. 

As for Vanessa...

From a medical professional, July is very, very possible if we are unable to get a grip on things and lessen the spread. This will not go away in one week or two or a month for that matter. As I've told others, people just need to be more careful with their words, keeping in mind this affects us all in many different ways. While it is true that deaths will be inevitable, they can be prevented through social distancing, etc, and we should still speak kindly, not dismissively, when referring to these painful losses. 

9 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Seems like the SJW mentality has also invaded this site.... Millions of people feel the same way as Vanessa, does that mean we should ban them from the face of the earth? Just because she's a public figure, privileged or whatever, does that mean she shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion? 

I couldn't be further from someone with an SJW mentality. I have a long history of edgy, political posts that I'm not very proud of. :inbed: Neither am I cancelling her, nor am I saying that she shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion. If I saw this somewhere other than Exhale, I wouldn't even bat an eye. :tiffdrink: I was just pointing out that it's silly of her to say that her words are being taken out of context, when in that very moment, as she was saying those words, she clearly knew that what she was saying was at the very least questionable. "Maybe I shouldn't be doing this right now". The good sis knew damn well. :katyfrog:

Archived