Lady Gaga says ARTPOP was ahead of its time

39 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

@rik

While I do acknowledge the artistry she put in Liberation. Which I think is the best since Stripped. It's #2 for me when it comes to artistry because B2B was good but it was too ambitious and didn't really hit the mark as she did with Stripped. I still think Bionic and CA are better overall albums than Liberation because you can actually enjoy the music. Liberation is good. The writing. The production. But its boring and dull and good writing and good themes doesn't mean good album. Britney doesn't have a lot of deep and good themes but all her albums are as good as Stripped despite not being as artistic. Well, maybe not B6 to B9. Liberation is like Caution by Mariah. Unbreakable by Janet. Madame X by Madonna. All are good (but not her best) albums production and songwriting wise but are just... dead. But Liberation has some bops ill give it that. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'd rather listen to Speak by Lindsay Lohan and Paris by Paris Hilton even if both albums are shallow and commercial pop trash, than Liberation who is all this artistic **** but is just... imagine D list artists who are allegedly "talented" but its hard to enjoy their music. Liberation is very that. I hate D list artists who try hard to be edgy and the fans who think they're edgier for stanning them. EWW. If they want to listen to edgy music but its fun. Listen to Lauryn Hill or Outkast! Iconic. And that is why Daddy Andy Cohen didn't come to the Liberation Tour. :haha:

I dont understand people who insist on grouping Paris and Lindsay together lmao their released music back then was not that similar (well besides it being pop but then you could literally say anyone) and Lindsay actually sort of had a decent singing voice... which isn't saying much yea but still more than the other lol. I really dont get it and its something I never understood, is it cuz of their feud and tabloid connection? I guess it'd make more sense to group Paris with like Hilary Duff if you must in terms of talent...?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Notorious I.G.G.Y. said:

I dont understand people who insist on grouping Paris and Lindsay together lmao their released music back then was not that similar (well besides it being pop but then you could literally say anyone) and Lindsay actually sort of had a decent singing voice... which isn't saying much yea but still more than the other lol. I really dont get it and its something I never understood, is it cuz of their feud and tabloid connection? I guess it'd make more sense to group Paris with like Hilary Duff if you must in terms of talent...?

Hehe. Just because I mentioned both of them in the same sentence, it don't mean I was grouping them in any sort of way. I like them both as a solo and even as 2/3s of the Holy Trinity (Britney included) [see iconic 2006 car photos]. But again, that wasn't the intention. If you stan Lindsay and hate Paris, it's k. I understand if you don't want Paris to be "grouped" with Lindsay because she has a decent voice - as you said. But debatable, honestly. Hehe. But really tho, my intention for saying that is because both Lindsay and Paris are not known (atleast not so much outside gay and stan twitter and gays in general and girls) for being popstars and are not given credit or taken seriously. Whichever way you look at it, critics and the gp do not respect both of them as singers but something else (actress, hotel heiress, mogul, trainwreck, reality star, dumb blonde, **** addict). Their personal lives have eclipsed their music careers and think that their music is trash. Commercial pop trash. And that is why i mentioned them both because the point i was making (since you obviously didnt get it) was i'd rather listen to dismissed and ridiculed for being trashy pop icons, like Lindsay and Paris - with their fun music - than listen to Liberation which is artsy but boring af. Hehe.

Also, Paris is not in the same league as Hilary. Its actually more appropriate to group Lindsay and Paris because both have shortlived and infamous music careers. Atleast, Hilary Duff was actually considered a true popstar. Not like the other two. Hehe.

16 minutes ago, rik said:

yeah I do think that it's less pretentious than B2B

It is less pretentious. Peak Xtina was also peak-pretentious and peak forced. But that doesn't mean peak Xtina is not good. Peak Xtina is great, but convoluted. The way that she went back and forth from h0e to classy to h0e again when each era she says that it feels like a natural change and each era she said that it's her authentic self. Bish which is your authentic self because you said that last time you were a h0e and now you classy and you still think it's your authentic self and then you went back to h0e again and say that this is the real you and the new you. Girl it's not new, you were h0eing it up as well in 2002. I'd rather she do a back and forth without the convoluted stories and just be unapologetic about going back and forth. The way that i keep saying back and forth. Aaliyah teaze.

16 minutes ago, rik said:

But I will say, in all fairness, I haven't really listened to the album in a while. Like a long time... many months......

That's cause you've been listening to Lotus. How many times have you referenced Lotus intro today. Huh. Huh. How many.

You and @RealLarryRudolph are secretly Lotus stans. #StreamArmyofMe :byetina:

• Haha 2

Where do we begin..

During this era. Her original management mistreated her during a time she needed them. 

The very fast fallout of the Perez hilton friendship which was very bad. Her monsters sent death threats to his son. Not cool.

Let's just say. 

F it. I'm being honest.

The image of Gaga couldn't compete with the outrageous antics and image of Miley cyrus. 

Plus as Billboard pointed out. Artpop somehow got lost in traction. Thx To Bangerz, Prism. 

She would have been fine. But the final blow happened on Friday December 13 when Beyonce surprised dropped self titled. Really making Artpop and gaga lost among all the females in music of quarter 4. 

Plus she was kinda pretentious at that time. Saying she was the future of pop and calling it the album of the millennium. 

Somewhat her fault. She hyped it up. And it backfired badly on her. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, rik said:

i do agree and she pisses me off sometimes. I think she isn't as successful now because of her reputation in the industry.

True. Her only friends in the biz really are Lil Kim (another problematic queen) and Andy Cohen (daddy).

6 hours ago, rik said:

Thankfully, I think she is much kinder now and frankly more likeable, which I think adds to Liberation's charm. 

Huhu I do toooooooo. Liberation really sounds authentic because you know she's nicer and not pretentious now. Ughhh. I love her. Well, I love her even before. I love all queens of pop even if they're problematic. ❤

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

It's my fave secondtina record, whenever she says Damelo duro I can feel my ***** getting moist

Alex, I love that we like a lot of the same music. ❤

1 hour ago, Nickey said:

I like Bionic :mcry:

YASSSSSSS I love you! ❤ Let's cover Woohoo and i'll be Xtina and you be Nickey.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, rik said:

i think bionic is legit behind it's time  by 3 years with a tacky screamy twist....... i'm sorry legend x....

Not shading her but even at the time I thought it sounded kinda dated, not in a bad way but certainly not like something I'd never heard before. It's just her twist on things since it didn't do well. It's everyone else's fault (Perez Hilton/us because we supposedly weren't ready for her genius lollllll)

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block