Lady Gaga says ARTPOP was ahead of its time

16 minutes ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

It's just her twist on things since it didn't do well. It's everyone else's fault (Perez Hilton/us because we supposedly weren't ready for her genius lollllll)

Typical peak Xtina being so full of herself and her "artistry". She's the Gaga of the 2000s.

This isn't shade to Gaga. I love both queens. But it turns me off when artists explain their "artistry" and all that ****. I hate that. :bigtime:

But I still love them and enjoy their music. It's just icky to hear convoluted explanations :huh: about an artist's work ethic and their "artistry" like bish get over yourself. :ririshade2: 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Typical peak Xtina being so full of herself and her "artistry". She's the Gaga of the 2000s.

This isn't shade to Gaga. I love both queens. But it turns me off when artists explain their "artistry" and all that ****. I hate that. :bigtime:

But I still love them and enjoy their music. It's just icky to hear convoluted explanations :huh: about an artist's work ethic and their "artistry" like bish get over yourself. :ririshade2: 

Totally agree. I like them both, but they both are completely unaware of how they sound. They talk very very self important and us low lives could never understand what they're trying to put out into the world lolllzzzz

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

They talk very very self important and us low lives could never understand what they're trying to put out into the world lolllzzzz

Yes. Very that. Very very that. :bigtime: I like Bionic and even if I kind of agree with Xtina on that, it's still just... bish do you hear yourself.  :huh:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, rik said:

IT'S A GOOD ALBUM AND THE CLOSEST THING SHE'S EVER HAD TO STRIPPED BECAUSE SHE WASN'T TRYING TO RECREATE IT. @The Greatest Show help me out here

also:

Stripped> B2B > Liberation > Christina Aguilera > Bionic > Lotus

Sorry. I like Liberation but it has very little replay value imo. The only song I genuinly love is Unless its with you.

Christina Aguilera is dated sound wise but its fun and has great production and a lot of Hits. Bionic is great for working out and Even the bonus tracks are better than most of Liberation.

Edit: I loved Twice too but her constand oversinging of the end part during Vegas ruined it for me

For me:  Stripped > B2B > Christina Aguilera > Bionic >Liberation > > > > Lotus

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Sorry. I like Liberation but it has very little replay value imo. The only song I genuinly love is Unless its with you.

Christina Aguilera is dated sound wise but its fun and has great production and a lot of Hits. Bionic is great for working out and Even the bonus tracks are better than most of Liberation.

Edit: I loved Twice too but her constand oversinging of the end part during Vegas ruined it for me

For me:  Stripped > B2B > Christina Aguilera > Bionic >Liberation > > > > Lotus

Well, well, well. Look what we have here. :rihclap:

@The Greatest Show we have the same taste. the others can't relate. :mhm:

@rik :barbie:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

True. Her only friends in the biz really are Lil Kim (another problematic queen) and Andy Cohen (daddy).

Huhu I do toooooooo. Liberation really sounds authentic because you know she's nicer and not pretentious now. Ughhh. I love her. Well, I love her even before. I love all queens of pop even if they're problematic. ❤

Christina has some friends in the industry. She just prefers regular people. Thats why she has had almost the same group of dancers and musicians since 2002. She is friends with them. Goes to their stuff that they do outside of dancing for her, goes to their weddings and babyshowers and invites them too.

She is friends with Cher,  Missy Elliot, Lil Kim, Gwen Stefani (their kids even went on playdates), Nicole Richie, Kim Kardashian, Linda Perry and Justin Timberlake. And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Pink said in a documentary that her biggest problem was Christinas management during the recording of Lady Marmalade. They were constantly pushing for her to get the "big part" at the end. They got along fine during Lady Marmalade but then she was mad that Christina started working with Linda Perry.

86831_600.jpgpink-christina-aguilera-duet.jpg?w=980&q5c546313175bb23c4b190573_GettyImages-174

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Christina has some friends in the industry. She just prefers regular people. Thats why she has had almost the same group of dancers and musicians since 2002. She is friends with them. Goes to their stuff that they do outside of dancing for her, goes to their weddings and babyshowers and invites them too.

She is friends with Cher,  Missy Elliot, Lil Kim, Gwen Stefani (their kids even went on playdates), Nicole Richie, Kim Kardashian, Linda Perry and Justin Timberlake. And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Pink said in a documentary that her biggest problem was Christinas management during the recording of Lady Marmalade. They were constantly pushing for her to get the "big part" at the end. They got along fine during Lady Marmalade but then she was mad that Christina started working with Linda Perry.

86831_600.jpgpink-christina-aguilera-duet.jpg?w=980&q5c546313175bb23c4b190573_GettyImages-174

Oh yeah totally i know omg i didn't mean literally. Of course she's friends with a lot of celebs. You can even be friends with two feuding people like Ellen is to Taylor and Justin. I mean, like really close friends. Britney swam with Gwen's husband before LMAO but we cant consider them really like ride or die friends or whatever. They're just... friends. Hehe. Thats kinda what I mean with Xtina. Andy Cohen and Lil Kim are literally the only good friend that I know of and that matters. Kim is friends with Britney too and Xtina cause Britney used to live in Calabasas too but i dont think Xtina is closer to Kim than Britney is. Its Hollywood. Your friends with everyone because its a small world. But i'm saying like FRIEND. Hehe.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

It flopped because of the horrible marketing strategy and people didn't care for it

Still think Do What U Want should have got a music video. Ideally the Xtina version. And then Gaga came back a few months later with G.U.Y. an an amazing video for the song but didn’t really promote it.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Isla said:

Still think Do What U Want should have got a music video. Ideally the Xtina version. And then Gaga came back a few months later with G.U.Y. an an amazing video for the song but didn’t really promote it.

I think they should have gone for a different route. 

Call the album "venus" instead of Artpop which already sounds pretentious. Venus first single with a good video (guy was creatively nowhere as near as her monster vids) and then applause / dwyw with xtina / maybe manicure and promote the **** out of it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

I think they should have gone for a different route. 

Call the album "venus" instead of Artpop which already sounds pretentious. Venus first single with a good video (guy was creatively nowhere as near as her monster vids) and then applause / dwyw with xtina / maybe manicure and promote the **** out of it. 

Yeah Venus would have been a good title for the album. Although I'm not sure if Venus (the song) would have worked well as a single. Manicure would have been a good choice!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block