Ryan Tedder is working on KP5, says Katy Perry is a "world class vocalist"

• Leader

katy-perry-ryan-tedder.jpg.b34c85bafd203586d4b510d99319db6e.jpg

Ryan Tedder recently made headlines for commenting on his work with Lady Gaga and her forthcoming album Chromatica. He's also collaborated with Katy Perry on her new record, out this summer. 

He tells Official Charts Katy is a world class vocalist and says she's got some of the best songwriters in the industry working on the album. It's worth reminding you RT is an amazing songwriter himself (Beyoncé’s Halo, Ella Henderson's Ghost and Leona Lewis’s Bleeding Love).

“I was working with Katy two weeks ago," explained Ryan. "She’s in a really cool headspace. I’ve only cut one song with her but I’m in love with it. I hope it comes out," he said.

“I haven’t heard much of the album but the writers doing it are two or three of the top writers in the world. I’ve worked with them on other stuff I have coming out for other artists. She’s got a 'best of' team assembled and what I’ve heard I’ve been very impressed with.”

“Her voice sounds better than I’ve ever heard it. You forget how good a singer Katy Perry is. Katy is a world class vocalist and I don’t think she gets enough credit for that.”

My body is ready! Are you guys excited for KP5?! :gagasmile:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

DID HE LIE??? DID HE LIE??? DID HE ******* LIEEE?!?!

*Insert Nicki gif I can't find for now*

democratic national convention dnc GIF by Election 2016

Honestly, Katy has improved so much from PRISM era and y'all don't give her enough credit. All her recent performances have been SERVING vocally :katybelt: 

She's one of the best singers out there now, after Ariana imo. 

What video is this gif from lmao :katybelt:

8 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Adele, Beyonce, Ariana, Gaga, Demi, all the girls from Little Mix can easily outsing her. And these are just mainstream singers. :kfed:

I agree with Adele, Beyonce and Ariana and possibly Demi.

But I think she's on par with Gaga and the others. Teenage Dream and Prism Katy was tragic vocally :katycry: but her improvement is so drastic. All her recent performances slays

i think she's at the stage of her career where she should buckle down with 1-3 producers & write most of the lyrics by herself tbh...i don't think katy has a huge field left commercially. i loved witness and thought it was spectacular to hear a cohesive album of katy being introspective and doin what seemed cool instead of what was necessarily trendy. she's a better lyricist than she is a vocalist (not to say she's a bad vocalist but katy perry isn't who i go to if i want vocal prowess lol). i would prefer if she bucked the trend and just did art on her terms instead of bending her skills to the charts that have probably left her behind to a decent degree.

those are a good reflection of the katy i would love to see on her next record

21 minutes ago, Hope said:

Has he written any hits for other artists recently? He's so delusional and out of touch, please replace him with someone else. (Sorry if that sounded really harsh) :britdrown:

I wouldn't say out of touch. Hehe. Ryan Tedder produced Sucker by the Jonas Brothers which is arguably the biggest pop single of 2019 outside of the current pop girls Ariana, Camila, and Billie. Sucker was a massive single for the JoBros. It debuted at number one on the Hot 100 and was a stable top 10 single because it was pulling massive streaming numbers as well as really really big on radio, pop radio, adult top 40, and adult contemporary. It was also a global powerhouse. Also, Grammy nominated. Hehe.

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I wouldn't say out of touch. Hehe. Ryan Tedder produced Sucker by the Jonas Brothers which is arguably the biggest pop single of 2019 outside of the current pop girls Ariana, Camila, and Billie. Sucker was a massive single for the JoBros. It debuted at number one on the Hot 100 and was a stable top 10 single because it was pulling massive streaming numbers as well as really really big on radio, pop radio, adult top 40, and adult contemporary. It was also a global powerhouse. Also, Grammy nominated. Hehe.

LOL I didn't even know, I only remember some of his writing/producing credits from late 2000s and early 2010s. Thanks for the receipts. :clap:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block