Madonna thinks this video of Italians singing "I Rise" on their balconies is real

21 hours ago, Barajas said:

hahaha I lived in Italy for 8 months and few people can speak english... these popstars are really egocentric and delusional to think those videos are real

Ok but Italy has always been one (if not the one) of the few countries in EU to have the most dates for Madonna's tours. The EU leg of the MDNA tour had 3 dates for Italy and became the biggest gross for the entire EU leg of the tour with $12 million dollars and ultimately the 2nd highest gross total for a country (outside the US) in all of the countries that the MDNA Tour visited. All 3 shows were sold out. The Rebel Heart Tour also had 3 dates for Italy (the only EU country that had 3) and were also all sold out shows.

That video might be fake but your statement is problematic. Just because they can't speak English, it don't mean they lack taste. Madonna is the Queen of Pop and judging from all the data I provided, Italy seems to know that too. They have taste. Pay some respect to the Queen and don't insult the Italians. Quit underestimating non-english speaking countries. :reductive:

23 hours ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

OMG !!! 😱😱😱 just saw this... you guys are AMAZING !! ... This is SO cool love my fans !!! 💖💖💖 ps. my boys get so embarrassed when I sing off my balcony . . . 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ don't they say caged bird sings ??? 🤪🙄 ps. ps. I never Liked that song !!! god bless you all . . .

I'm crying  happy britney spears GIF by X Factor Globalbritney spears animation GIF

3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Ok but Italy has always been one (if not the one) of the few countries in EU to have the most dates for Madonna's tours. The EU leg of the MDNA tour had 3 dates for Italy and became the biggest gross for the entire EU leg of the tour with $12 million dollars and ultimately the 2nd highest gross total for a country (outside the US) in all of the countries that the MDNA Tour visited. All 3 shows were sold out. The Rebel Heart Tour also had 3 dates for Italy (the only EU country that had 3) and were also all sold out shows.

That video might be fake but your statement is problematic. Just because they can't speak English, it don't mean they lack taste. Madonna is the Queen of Pop and judging from all the data I provided, Italy seems to know that too. They have taste. Pay some respect to the Queen and don't insult the Italians. Quit underestimating non-english speaking countries. :reductive:

37 minutes ago, osherlovesbritney said:

I'm crying  happy britney spears GIF by X Factor Globalbritney spears animation GIF

yes, but she is like the Rolling Stones.. a nostalgia act

23 minutes ago, pop analyst said:

yes, but she is like the Rolling Stones.. a nostalgia act

You say that like being a nostalgia act makes everything I basically said above as something that is less impressive despite the big numbers. Your statement is undermining Madonna as an icon and as a touring force. Please. Don't put shame on yourself and your username.

Madonna's tours have always been more songs from the current album she's promoting via the tour, more than her old "legacy" songs. When she can, she performs 80% of the songs from the new album. Have you been to one? If you have, then I don't understand why you had to say that because it is a very ignorant thing to say. And your point has absolutely nothing to do with what I was discussing to Barajas. He is insinuating that Italians could not sing along to Madonna songs because they can't speak english? Your point doesn't make sense because for you to attend a concert for the nostalgia, you would have to be familiar with the music. You won't get nostalgia from what she's wearing or her hairstyle or the choreography because it's not the same for each tour. So it would be all about the music. I made a point to answer Barajas and another member above for stating that american popstars aren't popular in EU because they can't speak English? When the artist in question - this thread, Madonna - has been selling out arenas and stadiums across EU. Britney is the nostalgia act because her new songs from Glory are not even 30% of the setlist. You calling Madonna a nostalgia act is an opinion. But my statements are all facts. It wouldn't hurt if you researched on this.

Look it up. :reductive:

17 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

You say that like being a nostalgia act makes everything I basically said above as something that is less impressive despite the big numbers. Your statement is undermining Madonna as an icon and as a touring force. Please. Don't put shame on yourself and your username.

Madonna's tours have always been more songs from the current album she's promoting via the tour, more than her old "legacy" songs. When she can, she performs 80% of the songs from the new album. Have you been to one? If you have, then I don't understand why you had to say that because it is a very ignorant thing to say. And your point has absolutely nothing to do with what I was discussing to Barajas. He is insinuating that Italians could not sing along to Madonna songs because they can't speak english? Your point doesn't make sense because for you to attend a concert for the nostalgia, you would have to be familiar with the music. You won't get nostalgia from what she's wearing or her hairstyle or the choreography because it's not the same for each tour. So it would be all about the music. I made a point to answer Barajas and another member above for stating that american popstars aren't popular in EU because they can't speak English? When the artist in question - this thread, Madonna - has been selling out arenas and stadiums across EU. Britney is the nostalgia act because her new songs from Glory are not even 30% of the setlist. You calling Madonna a nostalgia act is an opinion. But my statements are all facts. It wouldn't hurt if you researched on this.

Look it up. :reductive:

I've been to s&s tour and i know all of her discography. She has a certain hard core audience (gay men) while all the others do not know her albums, singles, tours after '08. In my country people went to just see her on stage without even listening to Hard Candy. 'Is she what they said' a lot wrote or said to me or in public. Madamme X was a hit only to those who know and follow her not  as far as the gp is concerned.  Britney has become the same on her own terms and bacause of her team. You sound too condescending as Madonna was/is to Gaga.

39 minutes ago, pop analyst said:

I've been to s&s tour and i know all of her discography. She has a certain hard core audience (gay men) while all the others do not know her albums, singles, tours after '08. In my country people went to just see her on stage without even listening to Hard Candy. 'Is she what they said' a lot wrote or said to me or in public. Madamme X was a hit only to those who know and follow her not  as far as the gp is concerned.  Britney has become the same on her own terms and bacause of her team. You sound too condescending as Madonna was/is to Gaga.

Ok i didn't go to the S&S Tour cause she didn't go to my country. But I did see her on the RH Tour.  Also, you can't make assumptions just because you heard from "people in your country" this and that. I was discussing facts with someone else and you reply to me with that subtle shade on Madonna. You just basically undermined everything I said with your one liner and it is insulting. So if you think I was condescending, well i'm sorry, but I will also say, i'm not the one who threw shade first so yeah.

Back on point. So are you saying that her hardcore gay fans are what sell out all her stadium and arena tours for her last 3 world tours? Ok. I can get with that. Sure. Point taken. But what does that have to do with what I was discussing with Barajas about non-english speakers not appreciating Madonna songs because they can't speak English? Are you supporting Barajas's statement that "Italians cannot appreciate Madonna's music because they can't speak english" by saying that her hardcore gay fans are what sells her tours? Are these gay fans stupid to go there and not understand a word she is saying? I just don't get your point. Seems to me like you just wanted to undermine my post with that insult-to-Madonna of yours. A shame since you're familiar with her discography yet you make her look like an irrelevant nostalgia act. And what does Madame X have to do with this? I wasn't even referring to that or even alluding to that in my post. Yes. I know Madame X is horrible and is a flop. I am aware of that. I actually hate it. So, now what was your point for bringing up delusional fans who think Madame X is album of the year? I wasn't even talking about the Madame X Tour, so what gives? I was talking about the MDNA and RH Tour.

And I stan all pop girls (the elite ones) and I have love for both GaGa and Madonna.

For a pop analyst, all I've heard from you are opinions on Madonna and me. But where are the hard facts, sis. Where.

You might wanna rethink that username of yours. I can help you with that you know. 

:reductive:

When i said 'people in my country' i didn't meant only this but the gp as well as many blogs. I didn't throw sade at you but i agree with this line 'these popstars are really egocentric and delusional to think those videos are real' and Madonna is concerned. She thinks she always must be the centre of attention. I don't think she will hold me that. Why should you?  

I only took i fast glance at this thread. But i believe what i say : she almost has become a nostalgia act because of the corpus of her work and her  not so good recent offerings. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block