Taylor Swift becomes the first artist to have both a Diamond-certified single AND album

• Leader

Taylor Swift just reached a major milestone in her career! 

"Shake It Off" was just certified Diamond by the RIAA, meaning it sold 10 million units(!!!). Her album Fearless previously reached Diamond status.

This makes her the first artist in the US to have both a Diamond-certified single and album. :wow:

The RIAA also updated to reflect the following new certifications:

Bad Blood (6 x platinum)
Wildest Dreams (4 x platinum)
Delicate (2 x platinum)
Tim McGaw (2 x platinum)
I Know Places (Gold)
Lover (2 x platinum)

Congratulations are in order! Whether you love her or hate her, there's no denying her unending influence in music. :rihclap:

taylor-shake.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Hehe . Sorry to burst your bubble guys but it's not. :idkney:

Not even remotely close at all. Even with all the Youtube streams and Spotify streams for ...Baby One More Time being converted to SEA, it won't be enough because pure sales is significantly low. Pure sales can easily drive a single to Diamond unless it's pulling massive streaming numbers like 7 Rings - which it doesn't. The closest that we can have to a Diamond is either Womanizer or Scream & Shout. The former is her top solo (pure) selling single in the US + decent amount of Spotify and Youtube streams. The latter is one of her top (pure) selling singles overall + her most viewed on Youtube and decent Spotify streams. And with all that, both songs are still faaaaar from a Diamond certification cause if you do the RIAA methodology, it's probably at a.... give or take, 6 million. :donewithit: Hehe. I haven't done the math but it's easy to infer because Baby only has what, around 500 million worldwide Youtube views? Shake It Off has over 2.8 billion worldwide Youtube views. Shake has already outsold and outlasted Baby on the Hot 100 by the end of 2014 alone, and it was still charting and selling the following year. We're outsold, outstreamed, and outviewed. We're not even close, like, at all. Totally. :mhm:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Hehe . Sorry to burst your bubble guys but it's not. :idkney:

Not even remotely close at all. Even with all the Youtube streams and Spotify streams for ...Baby One More Time being converted to SEA, it won't be enough because pure sales is significantly low. Pure sales can easily drive a single to Diamond unless it's pulling massive streaming numbers like 7 Rings - which it doesn't. The closest that we can have to a Diamond is either Womanizer or Scream & Shout. The former is her top solo (pure) selling single in the US + decent amount of Spotify and Youtube streams. The latter is one of her top (pure) selling singles overall + her most viewed on Youtube and decent Spotify streams. And with all that, both songs are still faaaaar from a Diamond certification cause if you do the RIAA methodology, it's probably at a.... give or take, 6 million. :donewithit: Hehe. I haven't done the math but it's easy to infer because Baby only has what, around 500 million worldwide Youtube views? Shake It Off has over 2.8 billion worldwide Youtube views. Shake has already outsold and outlasted Baby on the Hot 100 by the end of 2014 alone, and it was still charting and selling the following year. We're outsold, outstreamed, and outviewed. We're not even close, like, at all. Totally. :mhm:

Wait I'm confused :embarrassney:

Aren't sales enough for a single to be certified? Wiki and many other sites has listed BOMT for selling more than 10M units. Isn't that enough because Diamond is 10 million units right?

Edit: okay I may be talking about WW terms and not just US ignore me :embarrassed:

• Haha 1

This is not even true. Taylor’s team is buying all these « RIAA records ».

Adele’s "Rolling in the Deep" sold 20 millions copies (10 millions in the US, so technically it’s certified diamond) and "21" sold 30 millions copies worldwide (12 millions in the US, certified diamond) and nobody talked about that lol. Only Taylor have all of her records « certified ». Yeah right...

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Greg_del said:

This is not even true. Taylor’s team is buying all these « RIAA records ».

Adele’s "Rolling in the Deep" sold 20 millions copies (10 millions in the US, so technically it’s certified diamond) and "21" sold 30 millions copies worldwide (12 millions in the US, certified diamond) and nobody talked about that lol. Only Taylor have all of her records « certified ». Yeah right...

Everyone knows 21 already reached Diamond 5 years ago and that's why no one is talking about it anymore because we been knew. Hehe.

Also, I'm not sure Rolling in the Deep has sold 10 million copies already. Last I heard from Billboard, it's over 8 million. Hehe. Do you have receipts? ❤

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block