The 2016 VMAs

FemmeFataleBrit

So I’ve just realised that 2016 was probably the perfect time to return to the VMAs. I mean we all wanted a grand return from her ever since the 2007 show but let’s face it: any type of show she would’ve done from 2009 - 2015 would have been seriously average and she’d be very uninterested. Maybe 2008 would have had a decent performance. What do you guys think?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This! Not only she looked confident and stunningimage.jpg

GettyImages-597570802-1472491904.jpg?qua

But the performance wasn't even THAT bad, it could have been better for sure (for example the same setlist as the BBMAs one but after Toxic i would have added Make Me and DYWCO) but at the same time i'm like: yeah, it's fine cause it reflects exactly what the album is... It's chill, calm, moody... You know? Not to mention how good she looked brit-5dcc5a95-98e0-4a9d-96bc-18968cacfa3

1472440357-gettyimages-597571380.jpg

gettyimages-597571286_master.jpg?quality

britney-spears-mtv-vmas-2016.jpg?w=700&h

She looked amazing but the dresses needed to be sexier and more glamorous.  The outfit maybe needed the mesh taking out to show more skin. Live vocals would have changed the game. She's not PERFORMING from her heart she's like mechanical like a robot that just delivers. You can tell it's just a job for her she's doing what she is told and it's not really her vision.  This isn't the same VMA Britney from the past but still amazing i watch this performance a few times a week actually lol

52 minutes ago, rodrigobjs said:

If it wasn’t me, myself & i, I would love this performance. I can’t with her doing playback with a mic 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJlz6ZDCrkelqGfFrfqNJ

Sound engineers came forward and said this was a mistake on their part. Britney was supposed to sing this entirely live, but something about the acoustics sounded strange so they pre-recorded the track, however she was supposed to still sing WITH the track, but they didn’t turn her mic on by mistake, hence the part where she points to her mic at the end.

I like the 2016 VMAs. Admittedly it would’ve been miles better if it was more Britney focused, but it was nice. She was having fun on stage and it showed. I wish it opened with Invitation Intro, then DYWCO, and end with Make Me/MM&I

I think 2016 was perfect for her to return. 2008 would’ve been great too. I read a while back that Mannequin rehearsal was actually Britney’s idea for her to open the VMAs. Her team talked her out of doing that, so she suggested a prerecorded performance, but they were still nervous saying it’d be immense pressure, so they scrapped it. I don’t know how true that is, but it’s interesting and doesn’t sound too outlandish

I don’t think the performance was as bad as it’s made out to be. Yeah it could have been better but it’s not like it was a 2007 disaster all over again. Also she gave us two of her best looks of 2016 both on the red carpet and during the performance. 

i actually thought that the arms thing were very much Britney. I think it was 1st time then she really showed publicly at her performance that she is ruled by others hands-meaning cship. But i don't think  GP really cared about that. All they bragged was her not singing live and stuff. I actually do like that performance. It was simple but she was delivering. And she looked gorgeous.

Also i don't think she was ready  for comeback performance on the vma at 2008. They bought her all this awards but it was undeniable at the time she wasn't ok. Bc she was still struggling with her mentality and cship only made her stressed even more.  Watching FOR and her sitting there biting her nails or legshaking it was obvious girl was under very much stress. They probably gave her pills to stay calm but still wasn't enough. And she was sitting there just to show her handlers  that Britney Spears brand is still investible-look how many awards she got even in her bad times. It is so sad that nobody even her dad really didn't  care   about Britney Spears person rather than brand. She should've escape for a year to get her health and head together then get out of cship and  take back her kids. Then maybe after another year comeback with the music. Make some bangers and still ppl would be interested in Britney brand. But look that happened. They just kept pushing her making albums year after year and kept drugging her bc they were to scared ppl would forget her and they will loose money.  And i guess it was good in terms of money but it was definetely not good in terms of her as a person. This is why today is what it is. It is interesting though is her team ever think and make analyses before chosing another step or they just keep going as far as it is brings them money.

5 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Sound engineers came forward and said this was a mistake on their part. Britney was supposed to sing this entirely live, but something about the acoustics sounded strange so they pre-recorded the track, however she was supposed to still sing WITH the track, but they didn’t turn her mic on by mistake, hence the part where she points to her mic at the end.

I like the 2016 VMAs. Admittedly it would’ve been miles better if it was more Britney focused, but it was nice. She was having fun on stage and it showed. I wish it opened with Invitation Intro, then DYWCO, and end with Make Me/MM&I

I think 2016 was perfect for her to return. 2008 would’ve been great too. I read a while back that Mannequin rehearsal was actually Britney’s idea for her to open the VMAs. Her team talked her out of doing that, so she suggested a prerecorded performance, but they were still nervous saying it’d be immense pressure, so they scrapped it. I don’t know how true that is, but it’s interesting and doesn’t sound too outlandish

I'm don't believe what the sound engineers said because that's just part of the choreography, infact she did the same thing at the iHeartRadio b382b46f0b8bc2d89e3492e347d9b8cb.gif

The only difference is that she used a headset during this performance so it doesn't look like she's pointing at the mic (because she isn't) also, she performed the same "remix" at the POM and somewhere else (i think during a festival) and it still was lip synched

13 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

giphy.gif

the acoustics thing makes no sense because those venues are made for that, with those moves there's no way she was gonna sing live

• Content Curators
6 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

giphy.gif

the acoustics thing makes no sense because those venues are made for that, with those moves there's no way she was gonna sing live

Yeah wasn’t it at Madison square garden 

literally one of the most popular arenas where all artists go to :katyfrog:

3 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

giphy.gif

Lol it's just deluded britney fans coming up with this nonsense.

As you said she was doing her choreography.. Not pointing at her Mic trying to tell the world how she was so looking forward to singing live.

bernie sanders GIF by Team Coco

She truly served the best look in years, she was literally on a Goddess level that night imho. I also loved the dress and her attitude on stage. Sadly, not being a huge fan of MM is not helping me appreciating the performance... I guess it was... ok? Nothing memorable, nothing iconic... just ok. 

Archived