Did Britney Spears surpass Madonna as the greatest female pop star of all time?

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Cosmopolitan described MDNA as the ultimate divorce album.

While Britney is easier to love.

For Madonna it's very hard. Especially considering she is the true epitome of an independent woman. The money she made is her own, she had no help. She's been married twice. Sean Penn and Guy Ritchie. And My stan family noticed. When Madonna was married to Guy. She wore her ring. He never wore his wedding ring. 

That's what makes us cry. She did love him. And songs like Love Spent, Best friend allude. He only loved something that came with her. Her money. Before Madonna. He wasn't a list. But an indie director.

He tried also to make her into a housewife. It worked for a while..

But read the lyrics to I don't give a. She admits she changed for him but eventually the real Madonna was begging to come out. Eventually she got tired of playing the housewife. 

And We all have to agree Sean Penn is her true love. He actually really knew her as a person. 

Omg yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes to this. Love Spent and especially Best Friend:crying2: She really invented Guy and now he directed one of my fave movies from last year which is Aladdin. Mena Massoud. Huhu. ❤❤❤:hibebe: I really hope she finds true love nooow. I'm happy for her for still getting the D but the needs TLC too and real Love. :yasqueen:

5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I always thought it was Hard Candy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovMDGmf9WFM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf42_fRUOAs

But it probably stretched across both albums...That's why I think Guy wrecked her so badly. :(

Sh----t! I forgot about Miles Away! Ugh what a beautiful and painful song. :queenie: No, you are absolutely right. I didn't realize the order of events. I forgot. I thought they divorced 2009 after Hard Candy. Right, right. You're right. Also, yes it did wreck her. We know she loves money and power and losing... was it 95 million ?, for sure she didn't like that, too. Losing the one you love and losing 95 million must suck. And she made up for it i'm sure because HC era was when she hit her peak (and continued on) as a touring force. Maybe she wanted to replish the 95 million. :reductive:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Barmy86 said:

Britney is a league of her own. I still think she’s the female MJ. She’s also led the way for all these young females (Sel/Ari/Halsey). Madonna has had more of a social impact a Lady GaGa.

I could actually get into this. But please remove Halsey. She's not even on the level of Selena and Ari (especially Ari). But you made two good points. This is exactly why I think Lady Gaga is actually the Britney of her generation because of her impact. But yes, you specified it better. :mhm:

• Like 1

I Think that Taylor is becoming that greatest pop artist of all time (whether we like her or not) .... She is consistently serving and selling

When we think a bout it Brit career lasted from 1998 to 2013 (or so) which is somehow not that long when compared to other Pop Stars ala Madge, Whitney, Mariah ... 

So yeah Brit was huge, Britney is Pop Culture, britney marked her generation.... but no Brit is not the ultimate or greatest pop artist of all time

P.S: I'm a brit stan since day 1 so this is just how i objectively feel about all the brit situation.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Sh----t! I forgot about Miles Away! Ugh what a beautiful and painful song. :queenie: No, you are absolutely right. I didn't realize the order of events. I forgot. I thought they divorced 2009 after Hard Candy. Right, right. You're right. Also, yes it did wreck her. We know she loves money and power and losing... was it 95 million ?, for sure she didn't like that, too. Losing the one you love and losing 95 million must suck. And she made up for it i'm sure because HC era was when she hit her peak (and continued on) as a touring force. Maybe she wanted to replish the 95 million. :reductive:

It sounds to me as Miles Away and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You were written while they were still married, but she was contemplating a split...So maybe it was her pre-divorce album?

They announced their divorce in October 2008, and HC came out six months earlier in April 2008...So ya, that timeline would work.

$95-million. Can you imagine? :airpls:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It sounds to me as Miles Away and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You were written while they were still married, but she was contemplating a split...So maybe it was her pre-divorce album?

They announced their divorce in October 2008, and HC came out six months earlier in April 2008...So ya, that timeline would work.

That is very plausible. And now this makes me even more sad. It means there was trouble in paradise while she was working on HC. :wontcry:

No wonder the music was very upbeat and yet reflective. She was going through some stuff but she maybe wanted music to be an escape so she was making it fun and upbeat.. And she was h0eing it up too (more than her usual post-ROL self). She threw a curveball. She was overcompensating:crying2:

And we know she loves money. That 95 million or whatever was a big blow to her ego for sure cause she's an independent woman and to just give it away like that must really suck. Again she was overcompensating by going complete touring force of the universe mode. And now she can't/doesnt want to get out of it cause it's the only good thing in her life. Work and Money. Her work ethic is just unmatched. When will our faves. :queenie:

20 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

That is very plausible. And now this makes me even more sad. It means there was trouble in paradise while she was working on HC. :wontcry:

No wonder the music was very upbeat and yet reflective. She was going through some stuff but she maybe wanted music to be an escape so she was making it fun and upbeat.. And she was h0eing it up too (more than her usual post-ROL self). She threw a curveball. She was overcompensating:crying2:

And we know she loves money. That 95 million or whatever was a big blow to her ego for sure cause she's an independent woman and to just give it away like that must really suck. Again she was overcompensating by going complete touring force of the universe mode. And now she can't/doesnt want to get out of it cause it's the only good thing in her life.  :queenie:

Have you seen her most recent Instagram post?

I think stuff like that is exactly why she keeps doing what she does.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Have you seen her most recent Instagram post?

I think stuff like that is exactly why she keeps doing what she does.

Ughhh not our popstars getting tricked that their songs are being sung in Italy. :embarrassney: But yes you are absolutely right. She lives for these things. There is not one single thing or decision or action in her life that was without intention. She works for the impact. That is why I respect her so much cause I'm the same (tho not as impactful and definitely not as rich). She doesn't work for the music. She makes the music really good because it's a tool for her. She uses that tool for a bigger purpose, and that is for impact. Like this IG post. She lives for this. :crying1:

Now she's for sure not gonna retire soon and will make more albums cause this video just justified that she's still that bish. I honestly don't know a better artist. :queenie:

• Like 1

The only reason Britney did NOT surpass Madonna is her fall down and the conservatorship. 

Madonna has had more longevity because she's had artistic freedom to work under her own terms and renovate herself each era. 

Britney, on the other hand, has been controlled and told what to do since 2008. :decisions:

I'm gonna say "She would've surpassed Madonna in a perfect world"

But to answer your question, no she hasn't.

:katycream:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

And we know she loves money. That 95 million or whatever was a big blow to her ego for sure cause she's an independent woman and to just give it away like that must really suck. Again she was overcompensating by going complete touring force of the universe mode. And now she can't/doesnt want to get out of it cause it's the only good thing in her life. Work and Money. Her work ethic is just unmatched. When will our faves. :queenie:

Don't forget Incredible. 

I know fans hate that song. But she was pleading can they go back to where it all began. And she even stated "**x with you is incredible"

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Ughhh not our popstars getting tricked that their songs are being sung in Italy. :embarrassney: But yes you are absolutely right. She lives for these things. There is not one single thing or decision or action in her life that was without intention. She works for the impact. That is why I respect her so much cause I'm the same (tho not as impactful and definitely not as rich). She doesn't work for the music. She makes the music really good because it's a tool for her. She uses that tool for a bigger purpose, and that is for impact. Like this IG post. She lives for this. :crying1:

Now she's for sure not gonna retire soon and will make more albums cause this video just justified that she's still that bish. I honestly don't know a better artist. :queenie:

They say at 61. She's irrelevant. But honey. Madonna can never be irrelevant. 

457k Madame X sold worldwide.

She outsold Golden by Kylie, unbreakable by Janet and Caution by Mariah. All her competition she had to deal with. And she's still outselling them. To me Madonna is relevant and far from a flop. 

Plus notice her videos keep crossing 100 million. 💅💅💅

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Don't forget Incredible. 

I know fans hate that song. But she was pleading can they go back to where it all began. And she even stated "**x with you is incredible"

I don't hate anything from Hard Candy. I would say i have a least fave and it's Voices. I just can't vibe into it even after 12 years. But I'm just used to hearing it now that I'm at a point where i can tolerate it.

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

They say at 61. She's irrelevant. But honey. Madonna can never be irrelevant. 

457k Madame X sold worldwide.

She outsold Golden by Kylie, unbreakable by Janet and Caution by Mariah. All her competition she had to deal with. And she's still outselling them. To me Madonna is relevant and far from a flop. 

Plus notice her videos keep crossing 100 million. 💅💅💅

Wait what. Did i call her irrelevant? Hehe. I notice everything because I'm a fan. She's not my main girl but I know my legends. ❤