Weird Things Heard In Britney Songs

Brunetteknee

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, summer2summer said:

In overprotected the original version . When she says " i tell em what i like , what i want what i doonnt" right when she stops there's a sound that used to bother me as a kid thinking it sounds like a "fart noise" . Still to this day i don't understand what it is or what type of musical prop or instrument they're using , but it sorta kinda fits. 

I've always thought The begining of intimidated always was at a "factory" or there's a "heavy machienary" in the background .....at least that's what i used to think it was as a kid. 

In cindrella , near the end of the song ....when she says " it's gonnnaaa be alriiiiiighhhhhttt" there's a shout , or a man screaming a name in the background that always had me remove my headphones so quickly and sat me down  or snapped me out of my "daydreaming" , thinking it was my dad calling my name :airpls: and it used to happen to me wherever i was , literally on the train i'd remove my headphones just to "check" . Later on i found the same " scream" in the song " the call" by backstreet boys , at some point in the middle 8 . 

what :orangu:

Sometimes I'm on my computer, with the headphones on and I hear as if my mom is calling me behind my door, so I pause and remove the headphones to discover there's no one calling me. Then I put them back on, and I hear that background noise again that sounds like someone talking in the other room. It happens with all sorts of things, whether is music or just some random video lol 

Also I don't know about the particular fart sound you talk about, but Backstreet Boys's The Call literally uses Howie's fart (was it Howie's?) as part of the instrumental 

1 hour ago, summer2summer said:

In overprotected the original version . When she says " i tell em what i like , what i want what i doonnt" right when she stops there's a sound that used to bother me as a kid thinking it sounds like a "fart noise" . Still to this day i don't understand what it is or what type of musical prop or instrument they're using , but it sorta kinda fits. 

Well that's oddly specific :jj:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7898099/backstreet-boys-the-call-max-martin-howie-dorough-fart-story

1 hour ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Does she say "God I need some answers" or "Gotta need some answers"? :mj:

This one confuses me too! I always thought it was “God I need some answers”. I also thought the chorus was “What am I to do to win my life?” But I guess the real lyrics are “What am I to do with my life?”. I can’t hear it that way.

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

what :orangu:

Sometimes I'm on my computer, with the headphones on and I hear as if my mom is calling me behind my door, so I pause and remove the headphones to discover there's no one calling me. Then I put them back on, and I hear that background noise again that sounds like someone talking in the other room. It happens with all sorts of things, whether is music or just some random video lol 

Also I don't know about the particular fart sound you talk about, but Backstreet Boys's The Call literally uses Howie's fart (was it Howie's?) as part of the instrumental 

The overprotected one is pretty clear . But i think it's just an instrument that sounds weird. But the cindrella one , i kept rewinding that part and it is there , a male scream calling a name or something. Im work i can't look it up. But it's right at the end . 

This prob isn’t really that relevant to this topic, but does anyone else loathe that random *** blip at the VERY end of (Drop Dead) Beautiful as much as I do?  Like it’s so random...what’s the point?  The song has already faded out and then...BLIP BLIP!  So dumb.

1 hour ago, Brunetteknee said:

This one confuses me too! I always thought it was “God I need some answers”. I also thought the chorus was “What am I to do to win my life?” But I guess the real lyrics are “What am I to do with my life?”. I can’t hear it that way.

I always thought it was "gotta need some answers" but in the video she looks up when she says "god" i need some answers which confirms it is god not "gotta" . 

As for the other one , i always thought she says " what i'm gonna do with my life" but that sounds wrong . 

Man we really are huge fans of this ***** aren't we? Here we are writing essays about a word and a fart noise  :uknowit: 

1 hour ago, G-unit said:

This prob isn’t really that relevant to this topic, but does anyone else loathe that random *** blip at the VERY end of (Drop Dead) Beautiful as much as I do?  Like it’s so random...what’s the point?  The song has already faded out and then...BLIP BLIP!  So dumb.

* blip *

blip.gif

:gimmemoar:

I kinda like it. Same with ISBE

2 hours ago, summer2summer said:

The overprotected one is pretty clear . But i think it's just an instrument that sounds weird. But the cindrella one , i kept rewinding that part and it is there , a male scream calling a name or something. Im work i can't look it up. But it's right at the end . 

you mean the sound at 3:26 ?

I think it's just a background vocal saying "you" :idkney:

11 hours ago, G-unit said:

It’s a “drop” tho :jj:

12 hours ago, G-unit said:

I love that part. ❤ Hehe. I always wait for it when the beat stops at the end. I think it's cute and quirky and fun and gives the song and the album (as a whole) personality. :bcutelaugh:

@Brunetteknee

youre right about the “Oops” It’s added into the instrumental. It’s a part of the synth hit. 

as for what you said about the talking in BOMT i think that is just the sound of the harmonies being affected by delay and reverb on the the BG vox under her lead track

and in Circus, the backgrounds are Britney Myah, Claude Kelly, and Cathy Dennis who wrote Toxic. So the “feel the adrenaline” part the prechorus, Britney sings a low octave of that in the lead track and the background vocals for that are all the backing vocalists with Britney She’s quieter in that mix

Archived