Katy Perry’s new single “Never Worn White” did not chart on the Billboard Hot 100

• Leader

katy-never-worn-white.jpg.ff44d786a407f10069552de8ceb07ca7.jpg

Welp. Katy Perry's new song, "Never Worn White," a ballad that also doubled as her pregnancy announcement, missed the Hot 100. It debuted at #12 on the Bubbling Under chart (so, 112th).  :katycry:

It's been a tough road for Katherine. 

Her most recent song chart placements:

• "Small Talk" peaked at #81
  • "Cozy Little Christmas" peaked at #53
  • "Harleys in Hawaii" peaked at #110

The downfall I- 

At the same time, it's not a proper lead single. Just something cute for the fans. But still... what are the Katy Kats doing instead of helping their fav?

Ultimately I don't think a song's chart placement means it's good or bad. Especially in 2020. 

What do you guys think? :katycream: 

• Like 1

I think that if the song is good, it'll chart no matter what. So maybe her latest songs are not as good. If she really loves it, then she just needs to keep going. Maybe she's just tired of it all, and we can hear that in her music now. Maybe she needs to get inspired, and I'm sure the baby will help her with that. I'm patient. :)

• Like 1

I mean, the haters will definitely drag her for this but Katy has stated many times before, and even recently in an interview in Australia that none of her singles from last year and NWW were made with the intention of charting and she doesn't care about charts anymore :katycream: She was experimental last year looking for the perfect sound of KP5. This is why she didn't promote any of her previous droplets to an extent :mhm:

NWW is a cute song for her fans just to put the pregnancy out there. It still got 10M+ views on YouTube on its first day by itself so It'll possibly chart.

---

Katy can chart and peak high if she wants. Remember Never Reall Over? The song everyone thought was her lead single? :checkit:

KP5 lead coming for everyone and their grandma's wig :katybelt:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, Jayjukebox said:

I cannot comprehend how "Harleys in Hawaii" did not perform better. That pop gem is so so good. She just needs to keep releasing music and not mind what the media is saying, because her music has a place in the popverse!

Ikr! HIH = NRO > 365 = NWW > Con Calma > Small Talk

Anyways, she's the most happiest she's been in her life (sans grandam Ann's death). She is not obsessed about the charts anymore. She does it for her fans. She's so happy with Orlando. She's starting a family of her own. She doesn't care about the criticism like how she chooses to keep her hair blonde and short instead of growing her old black long hair out. She mended things with Taylor. She's happy with American Idol. She looks as good as ever.

She's a mature adult woman :gobaby:

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Ikr! HIH = NRO > 365 = NWW > Con Calma > Small Talk

Anyways, she's the most happiest she's been in her life (sans grandam Ann's death). She is not obsessed about the charts anymore. She does it for her fans. She's so happy with Orlando. She's starting a family of her own. She doesn't care about the criticism like how she chooses to keep her hair blonde and short instead of growing her old black long hair out. She mended things with Taylor. She's happy with American Idol. She looks as good as ever.

She's a mature adult woman :gobaby:

I am right there with you! Can she catch a break? Been releasing solid music !

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I mean, the haters will definitely drag her for this but Katy has stated many times before, and even recently in an interview in Australia that none of her singles from last year and NWW were made with the intention of charting and she doesn't care about charts anymore :katycream: She was experimental last year looking for the perfect sound of KP5. This is why she didn't promote any of her previous droplets to an extent :mhm:

NWW is a cute song for her fans just to put the pregnancy out there. It still got 10M+ views on YouTube on its first day by itself so It'll possibly chart.

---

Katy can chart and peak high if she wants. Remember Never Reall Over? The song everyone thought was her lead single? :checkit:

KP5 lead coming for everyone and their grandma's wig :katybelt:

I’m sorry to say but most artist say that once they start flopping :whatitellu: before than she didn’t feel that way 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

She said this during the release of Never Reall Over, which debuted at #15, which I wouldn't say is a flop :katycream:

Yeah but that 15 placement is to me a fall from grace from her, Katy is a single artist & has always slayed the hot 100 I remember one album from her had all its singles place in the top 10! This single & video should have been big she announced her pregnancy & that still wasn’t enough...

katy just go back to black hair cause yo fans not here for anything else 

• Like 1

I wish artist were brave again, I mean, work hard on your album and when your gut tells you the album is ready go for it! This "non album singles" or "2-3-4 or even 5 singles before the album" somehow makes it less exciting to me and kinda shows that they are not quite sure about what they are doing or the direction of the project.:disappointed:

At least I have Gigaton to be excited about.

Just 2 more weeks! :bedtime:

• Like 3

I don't consider myself a Katycat or whatever but I was rooting for her (and still do) before the witness era. 

Out of the recent handful of released singles Never Worn White is my favorite. She delivered everything I’ve been asking for on this song. I feel like Katy can write good songs but she lost inspiration and it showed on her other releases.

I am happy she is having a baby because I think she will gain insight and inspiration. I am a bit worried in regards to what is next for her...

I’m not a woman but something i’ve noticed in some pop stars is that when their careers plateau they pause and have a family. Some pop-stars come back (Beyoncé, Britney, Madonna) others...don’t (Gwen Stefani, Fergie, Christina Aguilera) mind you I listen to all of these artists. No shade is intended but you cant deny that some artists stars are fading. I just hope this doesn’t happen to Katherine...

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

This single & video should have been big she announced her pregnancy & that still wasn’t enough...

It barely had any hype because it was kind of a surprise release. The song was announced only 6 hours before it was released. 

The video gained 10.3M views in its first 24 hours, which is huge.

21 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Yeah but that 15 placement is to me a fall from grace from her, Katy is a single artist

Both Bon Appetit and Swish Swish, the 2nd and 3rd singles from Witness failed to crack the top 50. So the #15 debut was definitely huge for NRO because it could have easily climbed. But Katy didn't promote at all. She later explained that NRO or any other song was just experimental songs to see how the fans would react to different sounds so that she can compile the perfect album for the fans. Thus she didn't bother to promote these songs.

She could have made her comeback with NRO if she wanted, and that too easily. One live performance could have made the song shoot to the top 10. She chose not to herself, as she later explained, she's very happy with where she is in her life and doesn't care about the charts anymore.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block