Britney chose Toxic instead of (I got that) Boom Boom

britneymegamix

OK, it seems that fans love to highlight this thing ... :heresthetea:

However, what's the evidence? Where is it? Who said that? :heresthetea:

I find it very unlikely. NOT because Britney doesn't have taste, but just because Toxic is objectively a bop, her team was surely aware of that. It's the strongest song from that album. Boom boom could never, even a deaf person would know that. :heresthetea:

Do you have any evidence? By "evidence" I mean something relevant. If she/someone else from her team said that during an interview or whatever it's not enough ... Otherwise we should take for granted that Beatrice John is her most personal album, that she always sings live, that she was a virgin, that FF Tour and the Vegas show were her most challenging shows ever ... Should I continue?:heresthetea:

Britney is still a legend, even if she didn't choose Toxic or directly inspired the idea for BOMT's MV. Fans should stop to claim things without evidences. :heresthetea:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Wikipedia is not the most reliable source, but on Toxic's wiki page

After trying to choose between "(I Got That) Boom Boom" and "Outrageous" to be the second single from In the Zone, Spears selected "Toxic" instead.

And then on Outrageous's wiki page

"Outrageous" was the record label's choice for first and second single, but Spears pushed for "Me Against the Music" and "Toxic" respectively, to be released instead.

14 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I know Wikipedia is not the most reliable source, but on Toxic's wiki page

And then on Outrageous's wiki page

Hmm pretty sure I remember reading (at least on that unreleleased fansite) that Jive wanted Boom Boom as the second single, but Britney convinced them to release Toxic - which was obviously the right choice. And they also had it on hold for third/fourth single but Britney chose Everytime for the third single and then Jive went with Outrageous as fourth single when it was chosen as the theme for Catwoman.

Boom Boom would have worked as a single a bit later on in the campaign, maybe instead of Outrageous.

You're both right, my darlings. ❤ But I'm more curious about our dear topic starter who seems to be in the middle of a feud, perhaps? I don't remember any posts about (I Got That) Boom Boom in the last 24 hrs tho. Is it possible he's ranting here from seeing something that triggered him on Twitter? :lostney:

I love Boom Boom, and yes, it sounds outdated now, but I think it would've worked for 2003/2004.

But yeah, Toxic is superior. The label or the executives just didn't seem to like it, maybe it was too weird for them? But yet they liked Outrageous :ehidk:

I love MATM now, but back then I thought it was very boring and especially considering it was Britney Spears featuring freaking Madonna. Imagine the impact if the collaboration was instead for Toxic. I mean, Toxic is perfect as a solo single, but I'm just saying, if I had the chance to feature a legend like Madonna in one of my songs, I would've picked the best one (or do the right thing and create a song from scratch with Madonna in mind since the beginning instead of just forcing her in on a song that was already finished).

I think the singles should've been:

1. Toxic
  2. (I Got That) Boom Boom
  3. Me Against the Music
  4. Breathe on Me
  5. Everytime
1 hour ago, SuperRhaj said:

It was the label who wanted Boom Boom. The song was certainly promoted over Toxic for the release of the album.

Also, on the last few seconds, does anyone else hear her say "what was that!"? 10:22

Maybe she was talking about the yin yang twins:kfed:

36 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I just don't understand Jive's love for "Outrageous".

Unpopular opinion, but I like Outrageous:yesokay: 

I'm so sad it didn't get its music video and that was scrapped from Catwoman movie

But I agree that ITZ should've had more singles, BOM and Showdown in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

Unpopular opinion, but I like Outrageous 

I'm so sad it didn't get its music video and that was scrapped from Catwoman movie

But I agree that ITZ should've had more singles, BOM and Showdown in my opinion

CHILE YES! Outrageous stan, represent!

pokemon hay GIF

8 minutes ago, SuperRhaj said:

What did they do? You think maybe they got too close? There's a section where they each get beside her but the camera pans out. :ineedthetruth:

I've always thought of it as like she was super stoked to perform in Times Square and seeing a lot of people come out for her cause she literally shut the whole place down. Like she was just what was that like "that was amazing" after their performance like cause they absolutely slayed the crowd. Somethn like that. :mhm: you know, we say things like that too, right. Hehe.

3 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I just don't understand Jive's love for "Outrageous".

I think it MIGHT be because there was a rumour they had some sort of agreement with R Kelly (who produced the song, and he was also on the same label) to release it as a single, well they got what they wanted in the end with the song being used as the Catwoman theme. Even if that had never happened and Boom Boom was released as the 4th single like it was meant to be originally, they probably would have released it after. And they wanted it as the lead single, even though the song does not scream 'LEAD SINGLE MATERIAL' at all.

I’m pretty sure I Got That Boom Boom was meant to be the first single but Britney insisted on MATM. She touches on it in the 2003 TMF interview but doesn’t actually say what song the label wanted to go with. But I’m positive it was IGTBB. 

MATM is my fav single with the dancing and ugh just the whole vibe I love it :prettyney: But I think Toxic should have launched the album then Everytime, Breathe on Me, Touch of My Hand. There were so many possible singles from that album. 

Archived