Billie Eilish owns her body, strips down in tour interlude

• Leader

billie-eilish-body.jpg.39f2025055431059bef6cbe3af7e8172.jpg

Billie Eilish tends to wear oversized clothing to keep the attention on her music and not her body. In a new video interlude on tour, Billie takes ownership of herself. It's actually pretty awesome.

In the clip, she can be unzipping her oversized hoodie then stripping down to a black bra.

“Some people hate what I wear, some people praise it," Eilish says. "Some people use it to shame others, some people use it to shame me. But I feel you watching, always. And nothing I do goes unseen.”

"So while I feel your stares, your disapproval or your sighs of relief, if I lived by them, I’d never be able to move," she continued. "Would you like me to be smaller? Weaker? Softer? Taller? Would you like me to be quiet? Do my shoulders provoke you? Does my chest? Am I my stomach? My hips? The body I was born with, is it not what you wanted?"

"If what I wear is comfortable, I am not a woman. If I shed the layers, I am a ****. Though you’ve never seen my body, you still judge it and judge me for it. Why?" she asks. "Is my value based only on your perception? Or is your opinion of me not my responsibility?”

Check it out below. What do you guys think? Is this lame or empowering? 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators

ya people def thought she was just stripping down for idk fun

but she has a message about it

and no one esp brinny fans should bash her about it considering britney went through problems trying to express herself the way she wanted

i honestly do see similarities in brits career and hers and kinda see the same path for billie and its sad

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Red_B86 said:

It was going to happen, it will happen again and again... she kinda remainds me of Demi in her early years... they all eventually do it.:whatitellu:

"Stripping" is overrated, it's no longer art.:brityawning:

Shes literally a singer who has been regularly criticised at 17 and early 18 for wearing baggy clothes.

It's her body, she can do whatever she wants with it, but your comments are ******.

• Like 1

I admit I’m not that tuned into Billie Eilish. So to me the only one making remarks about her body is... Billie?? That’s the only time I’ve heard or ever read anything about her body. Lots of female artists wore baggy clothes like TLC. I don’t understand why it’s an issue for her unless she’s the one talking about why she dresses this way which isn’t a big deal so idgi. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I’ve missed the body shaming comments idek.

55 minutes ago, generation glory said:

I admit I’m not that tuned into Billie Eilish. So to me the only one making remarks about her body is... Billie?? That’s the only time I’ve heard or ever read anything about her body. Lots of female artists wore baggy clothes like TLC. I don’t understand why it’s an issue for her unless she’s the one talking about why she dresses this way which isn’t a big deal so idgi. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe I’ve missed the body shaming comments idek.

TLC used to wear baggy clothes (like pants or oversized jackets) but just as a fashion statement, not to cover themselves. You could actually see their belly in most outfits. Billie's case is different.

• Like 1

I LOVE Billie, but I feel like she is trying to make a discussion of her body a thing. I have literally heard zero individuals talk about her body. I have heard everyone talk about her talent, her voice, her creativity, her braveness, among other positive things. I certainly see her for all the amazing talent she has, not once have I thought "gee, let me judge that body also"

This was the most predictable pop moment in history. We all knew this was coming when she started wearing baggy clothes because she didn't want men to "judge" her body. 

Can't wait for her to strip naked completely and reveal her secret relationship with Finneas :queenflopga:

• Haha 4
  • Like 1

She's not wrong . Muslim women get asked on the regular about " why don't you show your body" etc. So it's never a win for the objectification of women . 

On the other side , her "moment" was bound to happen. Sooner or later she'll turn into miley etc It's more of a management move and tactic to keep the "curiousity" level going.

10 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Shes literally a singer who has been regularly criticised at 17 and early 18 for wearing baggy clothes.

It's her body, she can do whatever she wants with it, but your comments are ******.

Oh, please, every artist get criticised, it's part of being a public figure, especially if they can influence people.

******? You are the one making it about gender. I said "'they' all eventually do it", every artist tries this, Billie, Britney, Bieber, the guys from one direction, demi, selena, miley, jonas (and maybe it's not even their fault cause their teams are probably gross people).

And since everybody does it, it's overrated! :whatitellu:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block